2021 Mock Draft Simulators

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

In the who the Bengals WILL pick category I would be shocked if it's Sewell.  That's not how they roll.  It will be Pitts or maybe even Chase or Smith.  That's how they roll. 

I guess we will see if the have actually changed how the roll. Actually they used to stop, drop and roll. 

23 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I guess we will see if the have actually changed how the roll. Actually they used to stop, drop and roll. 

They don't necessarily HAVE to take a OT at 5 now, they could very easily get a starting caliber RT in R2 to groom behind Reiffer. If they were to take Pitts at 5 and say Alex Leatherwood at 38, I think they'd be in really good shape going forward. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They don't necessarily HAVE to take a OT at 5 now, they could very easily get a starting caliber RT in R2 to groom behind Reiffer. If they were to take Pitts at 5 and say Alex Leatherwood at 38, I think they'd be in really good shape going forward. 

True, the more of the roster is filled now the more the draft opens up with less risk of reaching for a need. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

If they get to #5 with Sewell, Slater and either Chase or Pitts still sitting there and the Panthers offer up the same deal as he has them doing here, I'm jumping all over it.

Number 8 this year as well as their 3rd rounder this year and Carolina's 2nd in '22?  Hell yes please.  "Worst case,"  Sewell and Slater go 6th & 7th (highly unlikely).  I'd go with the receiver @8 and then OL (Cosmi, Leatherwood, other) @38 with two picks sitting there in the 3rd.

The right answer at #5 (if he’s still there) is Sewell.  Jonah can try to move to RT and you move Reiff inside and see how it works out.  The one player I don’t want out of Chase, Sewell, Slater, D. Smith, Waddle, Pitts...is Devonta Smith; so that’s who we’re drafting.

In order here’s what I’d do at #5:

1. Sewell

2. Chase

3. Slater

4. Pitts

5. Waddle

6. Smith

I think 5 is too high for Slater, but getting an OT that could start for you for 10+ years it’s not that much of a reach unless his name is secretly Cedric Ogbuhi (sp?).  

4 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

The right answer at #5 (if he’s still there) is Sewell.  Jonah can try to move to RT and you move Reiff inside and see how it works out.  The one player I don’t want out of Chase, Sewell, Slater, D. Smith, Waddle, Pitts...is Devonta Smith; so that’s who we’re drafting.

1. Sewell

2. Chase

3. Slater

4. Pitts

5. Waddle

6. Smith

I think 5 is too high for Slater, but getting an OT that could start for you for 10+ years it’s not that much of a reach unless his name is secretly Cedric Ogbuhi (sp?).  

1.  Trade back up to five spots, get an extra 3rd round pick, and you still get to draft one of your first five. 😎

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

1.  Trade back up to five spots, get an extra 3rd round pick, and you still get to draft one of your first five. 😎

I see a few people around here saying an extra third is worth it in a trade back.  In this ridiculously QB-heavy draft, it simply isn't (and isn't in a "normal" draft either IMO).  If the Bengals do trade back for just a third and any of the top 4 QBs are still available, they failed miserably.

11 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I see a few people around here saying an extra third is worth it in a trade back.  In this ridiculously QB-heavy draft, it simply isn't (and isn't in a "normal" draft either IMO).  If the Bengals do trade back for just a third and any of the top 4 QBs are still available, they failed miserably.

Depends upon how many spots you are willing to fall back.  I just said 3rd because it may just be a couple of spots back...which I doubt would be worth a 2nd, but you never know.  I guess I should have said “at least a 3rd”. 

15 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Mikey is usually pretty stingy with draft picks and does not give them up easily. And reverse is tru for adding picks, he tends to be stubborn with value. 

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Depends upon how many spots you are willing to fall back.  I just said 3rd because it may just be a couple of spots back...which I doubt would be worth a 2nd, but you never know.  I guess I should have said “at least a 3rd”. 

I'd be willing to bet you could trade back to 8 with Carolina and still have at least one of Sewell or Slater available.³

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Time to replace the John Ross Ferrari that was always in the shop with this year's model. 

Because paying out an entire top 10 contract for a 4th or 5th WR that can't even get on the field is fine, but doing it for a temporarily 3rd OT for all of a year when your starters are either injury prone or on a one year contract is out of the question.

:39:

Really do not understand this franchise's allergic reaction to OL depth.

Bengals FO:  So if we only have 2 QB's we can carry an extra RB to be inactive every week!

Also Bengals FO:  OK that's 5 names on OL.  Should be good!

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Because paying out an entire top 10 contract for a 4th or 5th WR that can't even get on the field is fine, but doing it for a temporarily 3rd OT for all of a year when your starters are either injury prone or on a one year contract is out of the question.

:39:

Really do not understand this franchise's allergic reaction to OL depth.

Bengals FO:  So if we only have 2 QB's we can carry an extra RB to be inactive every week!

Also Bengals FO:  OK that's 5 names on OL.  Should be good!

Jebus Cripes...you do NOT have to take a OL top 5 to build depth!

This is getting crazy!

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If Bengals are worried about Reiff leaving after 1 year, they could draft somone like Dillon Radunz in round 3 or Spencer Brown in round 4 and give them a year of practice to get up to NFL speed. 

Riley Reiff is a solid tackle..

They arent worried about him this year..

You are...

7 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Saw one proposed trade that had The Ingles (targeting Lance) swapping spots with Carolina, going from 6th to 8th, picking up an extra 3rd this year and a 2nd in 22.  Would do that in a heartbeat.  

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

Jebus Cripes...you do NOT have to take a OL top 5 to build depth!

This is getting crazy!

You don't need to draft a TE top 5 to get a guy that can catch 4-5 passes a game and be a redzone threat, what's your point?

They aren't just building depth at OT when the only starter quality guy they can count on is on a 1-year contract.  Anyone they draft this year has a good chance of being a starter next year.  That's a much better situation than waiting until we're once again desperate & finding the cupboard bare. 

How does a one-year contract for a single OT really change anything?

They're probably going to reach for some combine warrior "Ferrari" anyway :P

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

So who are the top Kickers?

I see us taking one late mid or lower

now that Randolph's ship has sailed.

Wasn't that thrilled with his replacement last year.

P.S. Re-sign Huber

Kid from the U..

Very accurate from anywhere..

12 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

1. Sewell

2. Chase

3. Slater

4. Pitts

5. Waddle

6. Smith

When I her about having Sewell, Williams and Reiff, I look at Jonah and think of Zack Martin coming out of Notre Dame.  A solid tackle prospect, but the Pokes moved him inside and...All-Pro guard!

Archived