2021 Mock Draft Simulators

Jason Oweh (Penn St), Carlos Basham (Wake Forest), Rashad Weaver (Pitt), Joe Tryon (Washington), Dare Odeyingbo (Vandy), Patrick Jones (Pitt), Zaven Collins (Tulsa), Joseph Ossai (Texas)

There are several Edge-type guys that may be available when the Bengals pick in the second or even third round.  Add the best Bengals fit of these guys to Hubbard, Hendrickson & Kareem and I'd feel better aout or Edges than I was.

The number of DLine prospects & WR's that may be there in that range, have been leaving me more and more open to trading back a few spots to pick up another 3rd.  If they could do that and still grab Slater, I'd go for it.

Saw one mock that had us grabbing DT Christian Barmore (Alabama) with our 2nd pick.  I'd love it but that ain't happening.

12 hours ago, snarkster said:

Jason Oweh (Penn St), Carlos Basham (Wake Forest), Rashad Weaver (Pitt), Joe Tryon (Washington), Dare Odeyingbo (Vandy), Patrick Jones (Pitt), Zaven Collins (Tulsa), Joseph Ossai (Texas)

There are several Edge-type guys that may be available when the Bengals pick in the second or even third round.  Add the best Bengals fit of these guys to Hubbard, Hendrickson & Kareem and I'd feel better aout or Edges than I was.

The number of DLine prospects & WR's that may be there in that range, have been leaving me more and more open to trading back a few spots to pick up another 3rd.  If they could do that and still grab Slater, I'd go for it.

Saw one mock that had us grabbing DT Christian Barmore (Alabama) with our 2nd pick.  I'd love it but that ain't happening.

Hes a good tackle but not a 3tech which the team desperately needs..ive stated earlier that Pitts Jaylen Twyman fits that role perfectly but round 2 might be a reach..

3rd round for sure..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Just threw a quick 5 rounder together while waiting for my food to arrive. I’m assuming they’re going to sign at least one G and a WR in FA. Not too shabby...

4947C44D-E45F-461F-A05B-CA82B504FB35.jpeg

Sewell of course..

I think Rousseau goes in 1st round..

Togai vs Jaylen Twyman to me is close for that position..different traits but both effective..

You know that Tre Smith wont be there with pick 111...hell he might go before both tackles ...

How was dinner?

Honestly I’m not sure about either one of Rousseau or Trey Smith. For some reason I get the feeling that the hype within NFL circles doesn’t come close to equaling what the internet scouts think about either of them. I could see both of them lasting much longer than anticipated actually.

25 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Honestly I’m not sure about either one of Rousseau or Trey Smith. For some reason I get the feeling that the hype within NFL circles doesn’t come close to equaling what the internet scouts think about either of them. I could see both of them lasting much longer than anticipated actually.

Question..

How many DE are as physically freaky as this kid..

Who comes to mind?

It’s not his athletic traits that I’m worried about, he has some work ethic red flags to work through ....which is never a good sign. He wouldn’t get a first round grade by me but who knows what scouts really think..

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

So every mock from me from now on will just be offensive lineman. Maybe sprinkle in two defensive lineman. But the other six are gonna be lineman. 

Yep. The exact thing that I absolutely did NOT want them to do.

Now they're 100% locked in on Sewell...and now what if he's not there? 

Will they even do their homework on anyone else besides him?

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

That’s the scary thing.  What if we sign Golladay, Swell is gone and Chase is on the board?  Do we draft Chase and have Golladay, Chase, Boyd and Higgins?  I guess if Golladay is here on a one year deal that’s not a bad thing.

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Im sure they have..

They added to the defense first..

Now comes a new boatload of FA that theyll go after..

Offering Golliday is a huge first step..

Linemen will come too...

Just now, WRAPradio said:

That’s the scary thing.  What if we sign Golladay, Swell is gone and Chase is on the board?  Do we draft Chase and have Golladay, Chase, Boyd and Higgins?  I guess if Golladay is here on a one year deal that’s not a bad thing.

They trade back with a top ten team for 

more picks...a high 2nd must be involved..

12 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Ever since they came out and said Jonah isn't moving off LT, I'm coming around to being OK with them taking slater.  I think his experience at RT, physicality and positional versatility might be an better fit (especially if they could trade down a bit), pick up an extra 3rd and still get Slater (or one of the other top RT's).

Draft

01 Rahawn Slater (OL) Northwestern

02 Joe Tryon (DE) Washington

3A Brevin Jordan (TE) Miami (FL)

3B Jay Tufele (DT) USC

04 Elijah Moore (WR) Ole Miss

05 Quinn Meinerz (OL) Wis-Whitewater

06 Kuony Deng (LB) California

7A Mark Webb (FS) Georgia

7B Jose Borregales (PK) Miami (FL)

Re-sign

LS Clark Harris

RB Samje Perine

SS Brandon Wilson

QB Brandon Allen

LB Josh Bynes

CB Jalen Davis

CB Tony Brown

PT Kevin Huber *

Free Agents

DE Trey Hendrickson (NOS)

CB Mike Hilton (PIT)

CB Chidobe Awuzi (DAL)

DT Larry Ogunjobi (CLE)

RT Reilly Reiff (MIN) 

WR Kenny Golladay (DET) or (????)

Another thought is to sign an OG in FA and then deal a future pick (22) to the Rams for Havenstein

Riley Reiff is coming for a visit so there's some mutual interest. Gabe Jackson got traded to Seattle (who already had a better RG). Bengals should be checking in with Larry Warford. And talk to the Rams or Saints about Havenstein or Ramczyk. Either of them would be better than Reif and cheaper too. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

I can't tell you how frustrated I am that very smart people think we should pick Chase or Pitts now. Rieff is 32 years old and we are missing at least 2 other starters on the line. 

Yep.  My fears exactly.  Even at OT the Bengals are one injury away from disaster on that line.

10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I can't tell you how frustrated I am that very smart people think we should pick Chase or Pitts now. Rieff is 32 years old and we are missing at least 2 other starters on the line. 

We haven't heard how long Reiff's contract is for but he's got a good chance of playing it out. 32 isn't old for a lineman. Since Williams has missed a lot of time his first 2 years we need a backup plan but it doesn't require a first round pick. If we trade down, someone like Vera-Tucker or Slater as a guard makes sense. But we could also go for a pass catcher or Parsons in round 1 after a tradedown and be fine. Unless they want to move Williams to guard, taking Sewell at 5 no longer makes sense. 

Yes, we need 2 guards better than we currently have under contract. But we should be able to get Quinton Spain back at a reasonable price. He and XSF are both better than Jordan or Fred Johnson and provide at least semi-competent play. If we can sign a good veteran guard (Warford would be my choice but things are awfully quiet around him so maybe he's retiring) or Turner (he was hurt last year but is he healthy again) or maybe Reiter.

If we upgrade at RG, we'd have the Spain/XSF combo at LG going into the draft and could take someone in round 2 or 3 and be set. 

16 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Are those “smart people” really telling us what the Bengals SHOULD pick, or what they think the Bengals WILL pick?  

:shrug: 

Huge difference.

3 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Are those “smart people” really telling us what the Bengals SHOULD pick, or what they think the Bengals WILL pick?  

:shrug: 

Huge difference.

In the who the Bengals WILL pick category I would be shocked if it's Sewell.  That's not how they roll.  It will be Pitts or maybe even Chase or Smith.  That's how they roll. 

Archived