2021 Mock Draft Simulators

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So deep down in his soul, who is that UncleEarl believes the MB-led Bengals are going to take?

I don't know.  Never claimed I know. 

Are we all having different conversations?  I thought people were giving their opinions, supporting them, and knocking holes in others'.  You know, debate. 

Honestly, as bad as they have been the Bengals staff are professionals.  Most of them have been around the game a long time.  They know more about these kids than we do reading crap on the internet.  The debate on what we, as fans, think they should do should be fun.  But at the end of the day we really don't know much about what we are talking about. 

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Are we all having different conversations?  I thought people were giving their opinions, supporting them, and knocking holes in others'.  You know, debate. 

Honestly, as bad as they have been the Bengals staff are professionals.  Most of them have been around the game a long time.  They know more about these kids than we do reading crap on the internet.  The debate on what we, as fans, think they should do should be fun.  But at the end of the day we really don't know much about what we are talking about. 

Well, I DO recall many of us voicing our opinion during and after last year’s draft that the team failed to sufficiently address the offensive line.  

The way things actually played out would tend to say that “we” knew more about what we were talking about than the so-called professionals.  

🦗

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Good post..i agree for the most part..

The technology of these charts as membengal posted help even the average fans see what kind if player you can expect..

Doesnt allways happen cause they cant chart a players fortitude gameday...

Sewell Slater ( in a trade back at G ) Chase are all worthy picks..

My whole argument of sorts is getting the best tackle for protection.

Sewell..

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Well, I DO recall many of us voicing our opinion during and after last year’s draft that the team failed to sufficiently address the offensive line.  

The way things actually played out would tend to say that “we” knew more about what we were talking about than the so-called professionals.  

🦗

I've never seen behind the curtain in the NFL.  I have seen behind the curtain in another professional sport.  There is way more shit going on than we know.  A lot.  We are operating with blinders as fans.

Fans don't see a lot of the information that the teams do.  For example, I wanted Gronk instead of Gresham but the medical issues frightened off the Bengals.  Turns out I was right on that one.  Then again, I thought USF WR Carlton Mitchell was going to be a stud in the NFL and he dropped to the 6th round and pretty much sucked a whole lotta ass for the Browns.  I'm sure we all have picks that we get right as well as ones we're way off on because we lack the information that the teams have and we certainly aren't interviewing the kids.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I've never seen behind the curtain in the NFL.  I have seen behind the curtain in another professional sport.  There is way more shit going on than we know.  A lot.  We are operating with blinders as fans.

Yep.  And “we” were STILL more on-point with regards to our offensive line issue.

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Yep.  And “we” were STILL more on-point with regards to our offensive line issue.

So you hated the picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price?  I don't remember much bitching.  Bad picks most likely influenced by a couple really bad OL coaches. 

27 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

So you hated the picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price?  I don't remember much bitching.  Bad picks most likely influenced by a couple really bad OL coaches. 

I wasnt overly excited of Ogbuehi or Fisher..O was a holding penality waiting to happen and Fisher jumped sides too much..in college..

Price had Short arms at 32 and I stated that..

Absolutely right about Turners non development of every olineman..

Pollack may wind up beibg the best acquisition of anyone ...

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I’m talking about last year.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

🦗

At least we knew more the team did OR the team just thought it could “get by”

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I wasnt overly excited of Ogbuehi or Fisher..O was a holding penality waiting to happen and Fisher jumped sides too much..in college..

Price had Short arms at 32 and I stated that..

Absolutely right about Turners non development of every olineman..

Pollack may wind up beibg the best acquisition of anyone ...

The good teams have good coaches along with good players; another fact that old Mikey seems to forget a lot

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The good teams have good coaches along with good players; another fact that old Mikey seems to forget a lot

Hes the son of one of the legendary figures in the NFL..

Paul sent him to Ivy league to play football but to get the best education in Business..

He did..

Paul was centered on the oline .

Run the damn ball ...

Mike listened but took a different approach .

He valued skilled players more..

Hes what? 80 something now?

He gave the reins to Katy on believing her  perspective would  building a playoff team .

Seems he along with Katy like the new ideas on promotion and a say in their future success in granddaughter..

Im all in right now on their vision with them..

Envision a line of....

Sewell-Wiliams-Hopkins-Spain.-Reiff..

Everyone in a natural position to play off each other to elevate the wall as a roadgrading

pass protecting unit ..

H7rt

Run game sets up JB..

Joes comfortable. He throws precise passes to Any receiver he chooses no matter what their ranking...

16 hours ago, membengal said:

Here's my concern w/ the short arms thing - he's not a technician. At all. Not at this point in his development. He is all projection there. Joe Thomas overcame short arms from being a technician from the jump. Williams is a technician. That's...not Sewell. It is Slater. 

I am now firmly:

Chase
Tradedown
Pitts

as my only preferred options at 5. 

Drafting Chase over Pitts would be a huge mistake.   Why would you draft a 6-0 198Lb WR who ran a 4.38 over a 6-6 245lb lb freak of nature who ran a 4.45?  

Who is going to cover Pitts, the other team’s #1 corner coming in at 5-11”?  Kelce, Kittle and Walker were uncoverable last year. This guy is even more athletic than those 3.  

The odds that Chase is a generational talent are low, the same can not be said about Pitts.  Pitts had Zero drops last year and averaged over 17 yards a catch as a tight end.  Those are crazy stats.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Drafting Chase over Pitts would be a huge mistake.   Why would you draft a 6-0 198Lb WR who ran a 4.38 over a 6-6 245lb lb freak of nature who ran a 4.45?  

Who is going to cover Pitts, the other team’s #1 corner coming in at 5-11”?  Kelce, Kittle and Walker were uncoverable last year. This guy is even more athletic than those 3.  

The odds that Chase is a generational talent are low, the same can not be said about Pitts.  Pitts had Zero drops last year and averaged over 17 yards a catch as a tight end.  Those are crazy stats.  

I have to agree, if those are our options.  Chase is just the 2nd best WR in a draft that's light on WR's.

Yes I consider Pitts a WR because AFAIK that is what he actually does.  He's just big, I don't think he spent much time blocking from a 3-pt.  If we're going to blow a 5th overall on yet another pass catcher for our brokedick offense it might as well be the athletic freak.

Archived