Draft Poll

Draft Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT the Bengals to take?

2. 2. Who do you THINK the Bengals will take?

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Good players don’t always drop, it is just simple math. If there are 100 good players available that is 3 rounds

This notion that we desperately need another WR but will be fine with whoever is left over on the OL is absurd.  

On 4/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, BengalFanInTO said:

I'm pro to trading back. More so than I probably ever have been. I am not entirely sold on any of the top prospects to the point I think there are equitably solid picks further down the board in the first. My poll question would be...

Would you trade down?

How far would you be willing to drop back?

What compensation would you require to do this?

Trading back makes more sense if there is a run on QBs.  If Jones and the North Dakota guy are sought after along with Fields, that could make 5-6 QBs taken in the top 10.  Drop from 5 to 8-9 or so and take one of Sewell, Chase, Pitts, Parsons, Slater

58 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Of the 3 choices I believe that Sewell is the only one that helps the Bengals offense no matter who is playing QB.  That is one thing to keep in mind.

Don't forget Mixon. One of the reasons Burrow was a tackling dummy was the fact we couldn't run the ball for shit.

I’m back and forth on this one, but the depth at OL in this draft and the lack of the type of WR we need in this draft make Chase the choice for me.  We can get GOOD, quality starters on the OL in the 2nd and 3rd round whereas there may not be a starting WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  Most WRs in this draft play the slot and that’s not what we need.  If we knew Terrace Marshall would be there in the 2nd, I’d go with Sewell, but the odds of that are slim.  However, there’s a great chance either Dickerson, Humphrey, Leatherwood, etc. will be there in the 2nd and all of them are day 1 starters for us.  Tough decision, but at 4:40p on April 10th, I’m thinking Chase.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, WRAPradio said:

I’m back and forth on this one, but the depth at OL in this draft and the lack of the type of WR we need in this draft make Chase the choice for me.  We can get GOOD, quality starters on the OL in the 2nd and 3rd round whereas there may not be a starting WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  Most WRs in this draft play the slot and that’s not what we need.  If we knew Terrace Marshall would be there in the 2nd, I’d go with Sewell, but the odds of that are slim.  However, there’s a great chance either Dickerson, Humphrey, Leatherwood, etc. will be there in the 2nd and all of them are day 1 starters for us.  Tough decision, but at 4:40p on April 10th, I’m thinking Chase.

Exactly. Plus Chase will likely be a higher graded player than Sewell. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Exactly. Plus Chase will likely be a higher graded player than Sewell. 

Chase is the highest rated wide receiver in the draft, the best since Julio Jones

but Pitts is the better receiver. Period.

Nothing says he has to be nailed down to the tight end spot,

How many times did we see our tight ends spit out wide?

Best receiver and a match up nightmare.

84" wingspan.

We're not going to take him.

Not impossible Atlanta takes him if he is there.

I will be OK with Chase or Sewell but still think Pitts may the best player

available to us at 5 and we will be foolish and not take him.

OL in 2 and 3.  Maybe talk extension for Reiff if things look good with him.

We still have a lot of dead wood and meh players at OL with left overs from last year.

Price and Jordan.  Hey, Center can be upgraded.

But there's always next year for that.  Pitts doesn't come around all that often.

23 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Chase is the highest rated wide receiver in the draft, the best since Julio Jones

but Pitts is the better receiver. Period.

Nothing says he has to be nailed down to the tight end spot,

How many times did we see our tight ends spit out wide?

Best receiver and a match up nightmare.

84" wingspan.

We're not going to take him.

Not impossible Atlanta takes him if he is there.

I will be OK with Chase or Sewell but still think Pitts may the best player

available to us at 5 and we will be foolish and not take him.

OL in 2 and 3.  Maybe talk extension for Reiff if things look good with him.

We still have a lot of dead wood and meh players at OL with left overs from last year.

Price and Jordan.  Hey, Center can be upgraded.

But there's always next year for that.  Pitts doesn't come around all that often.

I agree that Pitts is the best "receiver" in the draft.  It would be hard to pass him by.  My biggest fear if they do not fix the Oline is that whoever is the QB won't find any receivers in the clouds because that is all they will be seeing flat on their ass.

The reality is Lawrence and Pitts are projecting to be generational talents.  They are by far the two best players in the draft.  

Sewell looks to be a very good player but do the Bengals use the #5 pick on a player that will probably be “good”?   No doubt good would be very helpful on that line. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Possible that Lawrence, Pitts, Chase, Sewell are the first 4 picks, if not in that order.

What then?

With the Jets trading Darnold, they're picking a QB.  With SF trading up and giving up lots of draft capital, they're choosing a QB as well.  If the scenario you mentioned above plays out and we can't trade down, you go with Slater or Waddle.  In this case I'd take Slater even though Waddle brings something this offense needs with which is a WR that brings speed and separation.  That's something even Chase doesn't give you lots of.  Yes, Chase ran a "4.38", but it doesn't really show on tape to me.  He makes a lot of contested catches because DBs are with him, but Waddle (and Smith) separates which is a valuable trait.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Possible that Lawrence, Pitts, Chase, Sewell are the first 4 picks, if not in that order.

What then?

Not gonna happen but "what then" would be we would trade our pick for a multi year gold mine

of high picks and draft Slater a highly regarded receiver and another top notch O lineman.

7 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

something this offense needs with which is a WR that brings speed and separation.  That's something even Chase doesn't give you lots of.  Yes, Chase ran a "4.38", but it doesn't really show on tape to me.  He makes a lot of contested catches because DBs are with him, but Waddle (and Smith) separates which is a valuable trait.

That's pretty interesting since those traits (speed/separation) are the main reasons I keep seeing for why we should draft him over OL.  

Really think this guy is being overhyped around here because of the Burrow connection.  This QB doesn't need training wheels, he needs blockers.

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

we would trade our pick for a multi year gold mine

of high picks and draft Slater a highly regarded receiver and another top notch O lineman.

We should do that regardless.  That helps the team far more than Sewell, Chase, or whoever at #5.

Don't get the FO's stubborn reluctance to consider it, just seems lazy.

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

The reality is Lawrence and Pitts are projecting to be generational talents.  They are by far the two best players in the draft.  

Sewell looks to be a very good player but do the Bengals use the #5 pick on a player that will probably be “good”?   No doubt good would be very helpful on that line. 

Wasnt long ago Sewell was considered with the generational tag..

Now hes just good?

Howd that happen?

I dont think Chase is generational at all..

Pitts maybe i don't know..

I thought the whole idea was to help with the run game and protect the franchise QB ..

Guess i thought wrong huh?

Archived