Rams fans.

Don’t exist. 

mod people rooting for the rams and rooting for bengals is call it 50/50 in the stadium. Of football fans. I mean real, actually care, football fans. It was 90/10 bengals. 

they won and fans just poured out of the stadium. Minimal cheering, not a ton staying for trophies and shit, just emotionless drones walking out and getting in lines for buses and shit. 

it felt like a tv taping. Like they came and job over so going home to unwind. 

I can’t even describe it. 

man occasional “whose house? Rams house!” Cheer. But cmon, that’s a remixed under armour commercial for 2003 with your team name in it and to make it funnier you share the stadium, so it chargers house too. So like. Weird angle guys. 

the whole thing made losing sterile. Like the game never happened. 

I don’t even know what else to say. 

May the airport met a rams season ticket holder. Sold his tickets. It’s in your home town. You can go. You got team lotto tickets. And sold them instead of going. 

😑

fuck LA. The rams team is a status symbol. Not a football team. 

Comparing “fans” at a Super Bowl game to a regular season game is unfair. Super Bowl is for the rich and a status thing, plenty of us original Rams fans around during the regular season but the melting pot that my city is, home games sure ain’t got the love like when I travel to smaller cities. 

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Don’t exist. 

mod people rooting for the rams and rooting for bengals is call it 50/50 in the stadium. Of football fans. I mean real, actually care, football fans. It was 90/10 bengals. 

they won and fans just poured out of the stadium. Minimal cheering, not a ton staying for trophies and shit, just emotionless drones walking out and getting in lines for buses and shit. 

man occasional “whose house? Rams house!” Cheer. But cmon, that’s a remixed under armour commercial for 2003 with your team name in it and to make it funnier you share the stadium, so it chargers house too. So like. Weird angle guys. 

May the airport met a rams season ticket holder. Sold his tickets. It’s in your home town. You can go. You got team lotto tickets. And sold them instead of going. 

😑

It's LA.  Rams, Chargers, Raiders, who's next?  It's the NFL's nomad land.  Can't make it work in your city?  We'll send you to LA.  Even the Dodgers are famous for crowds that show up late and go home early.  It's just something to do or somewhere to be seen.  Doesn't surprise me at all. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

My guess:

1. Lakers

2.USC Trojans football 

3.LA Dodgers (could be 2)

4. Vegas Raiders

5. San Fran 49ers

6 Rams?

Dodgers would be #1. My experience in Chavez Ravine—even mid season—had fuller houses and mostly locals. I always thought they were “real”. 

The rest are a hodge-podge of college students (throw UCLA basketball into that mix) and bling-of-the-moment. Overall, plastic. 

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Don’t exist. 

😑

In a metro area of almost 19 million people, even 10% of the population should fill all of their professional teams’ stadia several times over during a season with “real” fans. 

Having lived in SoCal for some years way back, I can attest that even then, most times I would attend sporting events, the places were at least 1/3 those supporting the opposing team. 

Exception was the Lakers. Not that they were “real” fans…they were just the wealthy ones who could afford to be seen at the Forum. 

The Kings were a newer pro club back in those days—well before Gretzky star power—but had some very good players, certainly enough to draw crowds. I used to go often—being a more serious hockey fan back then. Forum was half full—and half of that half were the opposing teams’ fans. Exception was a playoff round against the Rangers. Place packed to the rafters, with every  NY expat and local NY-area celebrity present. It was obscene. 

The Rams back then were not too many years removed from a Super Bowl appearance. They didn’t even play in Los Angeles—rather way south in Anaheim. If there was a definition of plastic as well as your description of your experience, it was there. My one visit to a game there was like attending a museum tour. Not a full house, and who was there were either corporate guests, Joe and Mary Six-Packs from Irvine going to their first NFL game, and assorted surfer types just hanging. Don’t recall who they were playing, or if the Rams won—nobody seemed to care…I certainly didn’t. 

If there are many “real” fans in that configuration of multi-city/county sea of population, they are the fewest and farthest between of any place I have ever seen. 

May you never have to experience that again. 

My niece, who lives in LA, would beg to differ. She was sporting her "Super Bowl Champion LA Rams" T-shirt yesterday on Facebook. But she did also concur that the reports of beer vendors selling a lot more to Bengals fans than LA fans was probably accurate. 

14 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Don’t exist. 

😑

Dude, you're not kidding, LA fans (the few that exist) don"t deserve to have a Super Bowl champion team and the fact that they don't have much support makes this loss sting even more! It was bad enough that we couldn't beat them despite them missing: Robert Woods, OBJ (for most of the game), Tyler Higbee on offense and Fuller on defense, but their fans don't care either...brutal!!!

On 2/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Shebengal said:

My niece, who lives in LA, would beg to differ. She was sporting her "Super Bowl Champion LA Rams" T-shirt yesterday on Facebook. But she did also concur that the reports of beer vendors selling a lot more to Bengals fans than LA fans was probably accurate. 

I bet the White Claw vendors saw it differently.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I bet the White Claw vendors saw it differently.  

And she was probably flashing back to her wedding. I come from a large family and we all descended upon LA for her wedding,  and they ran out of beer at the reception. The bartender was astounded at how much beer we drank. :)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matthew-stafford-appears-walk-away-115441690.html

Matthew Stafford Appears To Walk Away From Photographer Who Falls, Breaks Spine

Can't post the clip but worth a look.

Sees the girl fall, turns around and walks off taking a drink of water ignoring her.

What a real piece of shit.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matthew-stafford-appears-walk-away-115441690.html

Sees the girl fall, turns around and walks off taking a drink of water ignoring her.

Dude was hammered yesterday.

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That is probably how he treats his wife. 

Archived