Saturday/Sunday Games Thread

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Did not mean to imply that that we have no further use for Boomers, simply that the ideas that Boomers had don't really stick anymore. Things have changed, we have learned and grown is all.

Get that. And it was my point: life is not static…changes happen quite often. I was making note that, even as a younger person, I recognized that things were not always etched in stone. With that said, many things are. It’s a balance between change which is just change, and logical change. In my business and legal teachings, I have emphasized discipline—not mindless discipline—but logical discipline. 

Could go on for hours about this, but it’s not the forum for it. Perhaps someday a long discussion over a brew or two would be welcomed. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Get that. And it was my point: life is not static…changes happen quite often. I was making note that, even as a younger person, I recognized that things were not always etched in stone. With that said, many things are. It’s a balance between change which is just change, and logical change. In my business and legal teachings, I have emphasized discipline—not mindless discipline—but logical discipline. 

Could go on for hours about this, but it’s not the forum for it. Perhaps someday a long discussion over a brew or two would be welcomed. 

I'm typically out in 'Nati in the July timeframe visiting the grave of Onyx which has become a yearly tradition since his passing. Well have to meet up then.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Didn't so much mean it as a slight, just that I am taking Diversity and Inclusion training at work right now and can see where Boomer thinking is so outdated and not understanding of modern day leadership. What worked in the 1950s doesn't work anymore and that's why we see so much complaining from them about "back in my day", back in your day the way things worked wasn't all that good either, often the results that were gotten also left many things on the table that never got discussed and led to issues that people had to deal with, often on their own. We've learned better as a society and left that way of thinking behind because we did learn, it would be great if the boomers would adapt and grow too instead of being stuck in their ways thinking their ideas are still good and it's everyone else that is wrong.

Just keep in mind that the "Diversity, inclusion, woke, everyone is important and a winner" is for lack of a better word, a fad. And I dont say that because I am old. I say it because it swings the pendulum too far left (dam thing rarely sits in the middle where it belongs). The fact the schools and companies waste time and resources on what is simply common sense provides me with chuckles everyday. My daughter is an elementary school teacher (in a good middle class area), this year teaching grade 4 - she said half her kids at at grade 1 or lower reading and spelling level and her cirriculum has nothing challenging in it. 

We are unfortunatly raising a generation or two of spoiled whiners and it wont end well for them. 

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Just keep in mind that the "Diversity, inclusion, woke, everyone is important and a winner" is for lack of a better word, a fad. And I dont say that because I am old. I say it because it swings the pendulum too far left (dam thing rarely sits in the middle where it belongs). The fact the schools and companies waste time and resources on what is simply common sense provides me with chuckles everyday. My daughter is an elementary school teacher (in a good middle class area), this year teaching grade 4 - she said half her kids at at grade 1 or lower reading and spelling level and her cirriculum has nothing challenging in it. 

We are unfortunatly raising a generation or two of spoiled whiners and it wont end well for them. 

Anyone that uses the word "woke" to be derogatory I'm automatically going to ignore their opinions. 

Holy Crap!  I didn’t mean to stir up this hornet’s nest. Just saying times change, which they do.  

Maybe older folks could be a little more thoughtful and empathetic instead of screaming at everyone, and young folks could chill out, try a little stoicism and not lose their mind over every perceived slight and we would all be better off. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Holy Crap!  I didn’t mean to stir up this hornet’s nest. Just saying times change, which they do.  

Maybe older folks could be a little more thoughtful and empathetic instead of screaming at everyone, and young folks could chill out, try a little stoicism and not lose their mind over every perceived slight and we would all be better off. 

i was having lunch with a group of friends on Saturday, 2 boomers, and 1 Millennials, I told them as a GenX'er I found their back and forth fucking hilarious. (I also tend to side with Millennials on alot of things with regard to the world they were left not being the same as the one the Boomer still seem to think it is, especially with regard to them beig worse off than their parents generation, but also side with the boomers on some of their eye rolls that the millennials deserve). We all had a good laugh about it.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Hate to interrupt this ... Way off topic topic but I have a question.

What happened to Kenny Picksix, the Bagofdicksburgh quarterback Saturday?

Benched or thought the game was Sunday and missed it.

Concussion protocol. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

No, but what I'm saying is he isn't the wizard he's made out to be, especially in New England.  His style of coaching is also on the way out.  Modern players don't react well to old school hard ass coaches unless you have amazing rapport with your players.  Even so, a lot of guys won't put up with being yelled at.  Chase's comments post-game yesterday are a good example.  I'm not criticizing Chase or modern players.  Times change and if you want to be successful you have to change with the times.  The Hoodie is living on borrowed time.

What if NE finds another QB star?

Then Coach Hoodie is great again?

Jamie's right in that a great QB will help any coach stay pertinent...

You think Zach would be in running for coach of the year if not for JB?

Just now, claptonrocks said:

What if NE finds another QB star?

Then Coach Hoodie is great again?

Jamie's right in that a great QB will help any coach stay pertinent...

You think Zach would be in running for coach of the year if not for JB?

Zac would not be bringing in Mike Zimmer to coach the offense. Belichick also needs to relinquish more control in personnel matters. His personnel is not good

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

No, but what I'm saying is he isn't the wizard he's made out to be, especially in New England.  His style of coaching is also on the way out.  Modern players don't react well to old school hard ass coaches unless you have amazing rapport with your players.  Even so, a lot of guys won't put up with being yelled at.  Chase's comments post-game yesterday are a good example.  I'm not criticizing Chase or modern players.  Times change and if you want to be successful you have to change with the times.  The Hoodie is living on borrowed time.

Hes allmost 70..

Yes borrowed time but

he's still doing what he loves..

No hate here for him..

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

i was having lunch with a group of friends on Saturday, 2 boomers, and 1 Millennials, I told them as a GenX'er I found their back and forth fucking hilarious. (I also tend to side with Millennials on alot of things with regard to the world they were left not being the same as the one the Boomer still seem to think it is, especially with regard to them beig worse off than their parents generation, but also side with the boomers on some of their eye rolls that the millennials deserve). We all had a good laugh about it.

I am also Gen X and see good points on both sides of the generational argument. 

When I decided to start posting again I knew I would have to stay out of the political forum. Makes us all hate people who we otherwise like. Not really what a football forum of "Bengal Brothers" needs.

That being said, my Fox News handle is commiesgofuckyourselves

😁

13 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

When I decided to start posting again I knew I would have to stay out of the political forum. Makes us all hate people who we otherwise like. Not really what a football forum of "Bengal Brothers" needs.

That being said, my Fox News handle is commiesgofuckyourselves

😁

They have no choice, nobody else will fuck them. 

It’s like the 320 lbs blue haired leftist chick who vows to go on a sex strike because roe v wade situation. 

Archived