Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

On 1/1/2024 at 1:10 AM, Jungletiger said:

Non-sense, one of our greatest ever TEs, lot they could learn.

You must be young. 

Dan Ross

Rodney Holman

Tony McGee

Bob Trumpy

All better.  These guys could catch AND block. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You must be young. 

Dan Ross

Rodney Holman

Tony McGee

Bob Trumpy

Are there others, or just these 4?  If so top 5 and he is offering training, how am I wrong, why is there resistance?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Are there others, or just these 4?  If so top 5 and he is offering training, how am I wrong, why is there resistance?

Mainly because he was a one dimensional TE.  He was a heavy WR that couldn't take the beatings that TEs end up taking in this league.  How is this guy going to coach blocking technique? 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Mainly because he was a one dimensional TE.  He was a heavy WR that couldn't take the beatings that TEs end up taking in this league.  How is this guy going to coach blocking technique? 

A physical limitation does not diminish his talent, you can't teach fragility but you can teach technique and how to play.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Jordan Palmer, how great a QB was he?  Yet no one is shitting on him, training QBs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

A physical limitation does not diminish his talent, you can't teach fragility but you can teach technique and how to play.

He didn’t block!  He was pretty much exclusively split out. I wouldn’t send someone to Tyler Eifert to learn blocking technique.  

It’s not necessary to have success at a position to teach it as you correctly point out with Jordan Palmer.  Just the same, it’s tough to think you would want a guy (Eifert) to teach something he never really did.  

It truly sucks that Eifert couldn’t stay healthy because when he was, he was one of the best players in the league. Call him a TE or call him an oversized WR if you want. End of day…he was a monster when healthy. 

• Upvote 3

Gotta throw this out here.

Did not want to post in the Ted Karris thread for being OT.

BUT... that said...

Met up with son last evening to see Godzilla Minus One (OT... one of THE best movies I have seen all around this

year... if you have not seen it... DO SO ASAP.  If it does not get an Academy Award for Best Foreign Film then the

Academy is as rigged as the WWE and NFL)

That said... I have posted before about Chris working at a school for severely behaviorally challenged young people

too violent or disruptive to be in a regular school setting. 

Trey Hutchinson has been a weekly visitor often with friends to visit with the young people, hang out, play kick ball etc as

just good guys and positive role models.  Nothing organized or sponsored and not publicized.  Doubt if anyone knows he does

it and it happens except you guys.

Tuesday's cast of characters were Trey, Joseph Ossai (almost every weekly visitor), Cam Sample and Miles Murphy.

Unsung héros and just another of the many reasons we love our Bengals.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

On 1/2/2024 at 1:39 PM, UncleEarl said:

You must be young. 

Dan Ross

Rodney Holman

Tony McGee

Bob Trumpy

I'd even add Reggie Kelly in there - not a world beater, but a really goo blocker who could catch some. And a great dude.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I'd even add Reggie Kelly in there - not a world beater, but a really goo blocker who could catch some. And a great dude.

x100000

Sat with him during dinner at a Bengals 50 Anniversary celebration.  Couldn't have been more down to earth and engaging.  Walked away thoroughly impressed, you could tell why he was such a leader in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Gotta throw this out here.

Did not want to post in the Ted Karris thread for being OT.

BUT... that said...

Met up with son last evening to see Godzilla Minus One (OT... one of THE best movies I have seen all around this

year... if you have not seen it... DO SO ASAP.  If it does not get an Academy Award for Best Foreign Film then the

Academy is as rigged as the WWE and NFL)

That said... I have posted before about Chris working at a school for severely behaviorally challenged young people

too violent or disruptive to be in a regular school setting. 

Trey Hutchinson has been a weekly visitor often with friends to visit with the young people, hang out, play kick ball etc as

just good guys and positive role models.  Nothing organized or sponsored and not publicized.  Doubt if anyone knows he does

it and it happens except you guys.

Tuesday's cast of characters were Trey, Joseph Ossai (almost every weekly visitor), Cam Sample and Miles Murphy.

Unsung héros and just another of the many reasons we love our Bengals.

Now were OT, but Godzilla Minus One was my favorite movie of the year.

• Upvote 3