Keeping our enemies close: 2023

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I think he's pretty darn good but my issue on Sunday was how wide open his receivers were. Lapham talked about this on WLW last night. We're talking guys with no defender w/i ten yards. Any QB worth his salt can complete such passes. Burrow rarely has such guys to throw to. Lou A needs to answer for this. How did that happen?

This was my biggest complaint. Sure the running game was good for them too, but how you leave guys THAT wide open, especially for a 2ndary that had been keeping WRs mostly in check was embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Talent is talent. There isn’t a player in sport anywhere, who hasn’t hit a slump. 

I suspect Gillette-Shave-Beard lad will still make the playoffs. In the NFL, people who make them money will not be absent from their Super Loot Tournament.

Understood but 94  turnovers in 5 1/2 yrs is one hell of a slump .

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen should change his name to Andy Dalton. At least Bengal fans will make excuses for him and blame everything else but him to make themselves feel better 😂 

It’s not Allen’s fault, did you see how brightly the sun was shining on some of his INTs? Gulf force winds on some fumbles and Kyle Cook! Don’t forget Kyle Cook!!!  Allen’s not keeping them back, it’s just that so many unfortunate things happen when the Bills play! 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Josh Allen should change his name to Andy Dalton. At least Bengal fans will make excuses for him and blame everything else but him to make themselves feel better 😂 

It’s not Allen’s fault, did you see how brightly the sun was shining on some of his INTs? Gulf force winds on some fumbles and Kyle Cook! Don’t forget Kyle Cook!!!  Allen’s not keeping them back, it’s just that so many unfortunate things happen when the Bills play! 

No...

When you turn the ball over damn near 100 times in 5 1/2 yrs it's on him.

• Upvote 1

I like to know why this linebacker for Texans wasn’t thrown out of game. New York buzzes in to review a play to try to overturn play where Texans step out of bounds on would be td.

last night bills game the on air ref said, something about a new rule on 4th down where nfl New York will review play make sure it’s right. I think on that Russell td to overturn a ruling where receiver might have stepped out. Anyone ever hear of this 4th down new rule put in the offseason?

1 minute ago, Mikeslumina said:

I like to know why this linebacker for Texans wasn’t thrown out of game. New York buses in to review a play to try to overturn play wherevtexans step out of bounds on would be td.

last night bills game the on air ref said something about a new rule on 4th down where nfl New York will review play make sure it’s right. I think on that Russell td to overturn a ruling where receiver might have stepped out. Anyone ever hear of this 4th down new rule put in the offseason?

Definitely not fixing games though, that's just crazytalk. They need "New York" to ensure the integrities.

• Upvote 4

Google says it was put in place sept 2023. Never seen it called in game. 

What is the new rule in the NFL about 4th down?

Fourth-down conversions

And since all turnovers like lost fumbles and interceptions trigger an automatic booth review, when an offensive team attempts a fourth-down conversion but fails, the coach will not be allowed to challenge the failed attempt because officials in the booth will examine the play by default
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2023 at 11:15 AM, High School Harry said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-officiating-cheats-packers

Bad officiating cheats Packers on Kenny Pickett’s backward pass

I have really lost interest in watching any NFL games that doesn’t include the Bengals.  This shit of favoring certain teams is out of control.  Here we have a case where even with a review that clearly shows it as a lateral, the wrong call is made…and the shitturds are gifted with another win.  Ridiculous.

😡

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

No...

When you turn the ball over damn near 100 times in 5 1/2 yrs it's on him.

But did his receivers run the right route? Was the Oline blocking as they were supposed to? Was the sun shining so brightly that it made him throw an INT? Where was Kyle Cook when these picks and fumbles happened? I’m not convinced 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (probably) but is this the fool who drilled Ja'Marr?

Should have been ejected immediately.

Also upset that something was not done about the ass hat who took Trey Hendrickson's knee out

seemingly after the play was over.

FWIW, speaking of Hendrickson... my son teaches in a school for... kids with severe behavior problems.

He has lost two students to shootings this year.

Anyway, Trey has been visiting the school and basically socializing with the kids the past 3-4 weeks.

Son said his wife came with him the first time and they found it amusing that the kids were asking for her autograph. 🙂

Last week Trey was accompanied by Joseph Ossai.

Anyway, per text this morning Trey was there and per son, walking without a limp.

I take that as a good sign.

Mr and Mrs Trey and Mr Ossai are good people for doing that and unheralded.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Also upset that something was not done about the ass hat who took Trey Hendrickson's knee out

FWIW, speaking of Hendrickson... my son teaches in a school for... kids with severe behavior problems.

Anyway, Trey has been visiting the school and basically socializing with the kids the past 3-4 weeks.

Son said his wife came with him the first time and they found it amusing that the kids were asking for her autograph. 🙂

Anyway, per text this morning Trey was there and per son, walking without a limp.

I love to hear about this kind of stuff especially when it is not publicized.  I may be cynical but whenever there's a big media presence at those things I always scratch my head regarding motives just a little bit.  Sounds like your son is a pretty good egg too...teachers are undervalued, especially those with challenging placements.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Much respect to your son and you for 

strong values in him.

• Upvote 1