Keeping our enemies close: 2023

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20231120_183453.jpg

Herbert has way too much arm talent to be a losing QB. 

It shows how many variables (many of them mental and not physical) go into winning at the position.

His coach is awful and he's supposed to be a defensive guy but their defense is horrible. Not sure how Staley keeps that job, they underperform every year and he's still employed. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20231120_183453.jpg

It shows how many variables (many of them mental and not physical) go into winning at the position.

Hubby is still saying the Bengals should have taken Herbert instead of Burrow and I keep telling him no because of Burrow's intangibles.

Therefore, since he keeps talking Herbert up, this does not break my heart. 

Plus, the Chargers have no defense. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Hubby is still saying the Bengals should have taken Herbert instead of Burrow and I keep telling him no because of Burrow's intangibles.

Therefore, since he keeps talking Herbert up, this does not break my heart. 

Plus, the Chargers have no defense. 

Burrow has better field vision and is more mentally tough than any quarterback I've ever seen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20231120_183453.jpg

I don’t think Herbert’s mental “variables” have much to do with having a terrible defense and the worst situational coach in the league. Staley will be gone next year minus a spectacular turn around. 

He hasn’t missed a game in 4 years which is hard to ignore. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I don’t think Herbert’s mental “variables” have much to do with having a terrible defense and the worst situational coach in the league. Staley will be gone next year minus a spectacular turn around. 

He hasn’t missed a game in 4 years which is hard to ignore. 

I'm not saying Herbert isn't good he is but I'll take Burrow over him any day of the week

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:30 PM, Shebengal said:

Those are the intangibles that hubby wants to ignore completely.

The only thing(s) wrong with Burrow are 2-3 out of the 5 guys playing in front of him. Fix that, he stays healthy, Mixon or whoever can run it just well enough to keep a defense honest, and this team is a SB contender every year. 

I'm afraid that insisting on making Jonah a RT & completely ignoring the OL in the draft may have set us back again. How could it not? I would love to know the thought process behind those decisions from whoever was responsible. I have to assume something that foolish came from the top because anyone else would have been called out for it. Once again nepotism breeds a culture lacking in accountability.

• Like 2