Keeping our enemies close: 2023

15 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I love your charts and other analytical breakdowns, but, to me, hating the Colts is sorta like hating your Grandma.

And I get that you are in Indiana, so there may be some legit animus you have against the state. But the Colts?

They booed Andrew Luck when he announced his retirement.

Fuck them.

• Upvote 1

Update..... the Playoff Machine had an error it in yesterday that has apparently been fixed.  I stupidly relied upon it being accurate, so my scenarios and flowchart captured that error.

It incorrectly showed PIT as eliminated with a loss if HOU, TEN, DEN and MIA all won.  Turns out, if TEN and DEN both win, then the HOU-IND and DEN-MIA games don't matter, PIT are the 7 seed.  The corrected scenarios are:

PIT eliminated if:
(1) PIT loses + JAX win
(2.) PIT loses + LVR win
(3) JAX win + BUF win (regardless of what PIT does)

PIT gets the 6 seed if:
(1) PIT win + TEN win + MIA win

PIT gets the 7 seed if:

(1) PIT win + JAX win + MIA win
(2) PIT win + TEN win + BUF win
(3) PIT lose + TEN win + DEN win

Which simplifies the flowchart:

TheSteelersThe.jpg

CBS lists these:

PITTSBURGH can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. PIT win + BUF loss
2. PIT win + JAX loss or tie
3. PIT win + HOU-IND tie
4. PIT tie + JAX loss + HOU-IND doesn’t end in a tie
5. JAX loss + DEN win + HOU-IND doesn’t end in a tie

If we ignore the word "tie":

PITTSBURGH can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. PIT win + BUF loss
2. PIT win + JAX loss
5. JAX loss + DEN win

Which matches the flowchart.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

They booed Andrew Luck when he announced his retirement.

Fuck them.

They booed Luck?..lol

Not the best fans by far..

The AFCS and NFCS are the worst

divisions and have been aside from Brady's Bucs ..

Very boring ...

Yeah fuck the Colts and the rest of NFL South teams.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't recall him getting booed unless it was after the 3rd INT of the game or something.

Think dude was just kind of a whiner.

I thought the whining came from his receivers and then Rudi on him for not getting the ball their ways.

He was never a leader and finally 

wanted out of here.

He had it all but the mindset.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Report: T.J. Watt diagnosed with Grade 3 MCL sprain

Published January 6, 2024 07:51 PM

The Stealers lost NFL sacks leader T.J. Watt to a knee injury in the third quarter Saturday, and they could be without him next week if they make the postseason.

Watt was diagnosed with a Grade 3 MCL sprain, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

That’s a complete tear of the medial collateral ligament, which is a multi-week injury.

Watt will undergo further testing Sunday.

Stealers coach Mike Tomlin allowed only that Watt is being evaluated for a knee injury.

The defensive player of the year candidate collided with defensive lineman Montravius Adams while rushing Ravens quarterback Tyler Huntley on a third down pass. He stayed down, pounding his fist on the ground after the play.

Watt made two sacks Saturday, giving him a league-leading 19 for the season. Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson has 17.

This would be Watt’s third time leading the league in sacks, which would set a record since sacks became an official stat in 1982.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-t-j-watt-diagnosed-with-grade-3-mcl-sprain

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Report: T.J. Watt diagnosed with Grade 3 MCL sprain

Published January 6, 2024 07:51 PM

The Stealers lost NFL sacks leader T.J. Watt to a knee injury in the third quarter Saturday, and they could be without him next week if they make the postseason.

Watt was diagnosed with a Grade 3 MCL sprain, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

That’s a complete tear of the medial collateral ligament, which is a multi-week injury.

Watt will undergo further testing Sunday.

Stealers coach Mike Tomlin allowed only that Watt is being evaluated for a knee injury.

The defensive player of the year candidate collided with defensive lineman Montravius Adams while rushing Ravens quarterback Tyler Huntley on a third down pass. He stayed down, pounding his fist on the ground after the play.

Watt made two sacks Saturday, giving him a league-leading 19 for the season. Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson has 17.

This would be Watt’s third time leading the league in sacks, which would set a record since sacks became an official stat in 1982.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-t-j-watt-diagnosed-with-grade-3-mcl-sprain

Let's hope trey gets 4 tomorrow 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Maybe I'm getting soft, but I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. The Colts should have never bet their season on a 3rd string RB making that catch (just run the ball with Taylor like they had been all game long) ...

Just a horrific play.

How do you not run your big-time RB in the the most crucial play of their season?

Beyond bad..

I believe Irsay will fire him for such a historic blunder.

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Point on .

How do u not run Taylor on 4th and 1??

If I'm the owner the HC is gone..

Disagree. It was  a perfect play call. The back was wide open. I don't think he would have scored, but he would have likely been inside the 10 yard line. It took poor execution by 2 players to screw up that well-designed play.