1 hour ago, lslmustang said:

The Stealers are not happy with 2 Thursday night games and how they fit into their schedule... I read this a week or so ago so not able to find the link... but they feel its punishment for voting no as Green Bay has the same gripe

The stealers get to host BOTH of their Thursday Night games.  They are also the home team for both preceding games…while a majority of teams hosting a Thursday Night game are on the road the previous Sunday.  

[FYI, all except one of the visiting Thursday Night teams play at home the Sunday prior.  The only one not at home is the NY Giants.  They are at Arizona on Sunday, 9/17, and then at San Francisco on Thursday, 9/21.  I imagine that they will just stay on the West coast, so it saves them an extra coast-to-coast flight…so that’s probably why that happened.]

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

A few days ago, the owners approved a one-year trial for late-season Thursday Night flexes.  Weeks 13-17 only.  Any flexed game will require 4 weeks notice.

Our home games during this period are Indy and Minnesota.

The proposal passed 24-8 with the Giants, Jets, Packers, Bears, Raiders, Lions, Bengals and Stealers all voting against it.

I like having the three broadcast time slots on Sunday, and MNF would be fine if they could somehow get Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and Don Meredith back into the booth, or even Al Michaels, and maybe move it back to ABC. In its current state, though, it's of interest only if there is a good matchup. But Thursday Night games could go away and I wouldn't miss them. I'm sure many would disagree, but I think that's where the league crosses the oversaturation point. And Amazon is going to have to fix their audio. There was a Bengals home game last year that sounded on TV like it was being played in an empty studio, while people who were at the game said it was LOUD. I hated that the national audience didn't get an accurate portrayal of what a Paycor crowd is like.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Cricket said:

The stealers get to host BOTH of their Thursday Night games.  They are also the home team for both preceding games…while a majority of teams hosting a Thursday Night game are on the road the previous Sunday.  

[FYI, all except one of the visiting Thursday Night teams play at home the Sunday prior.  The only one not at home is the NY Giants.  They are at Arizona on Sunday, 9/17, and then at San Francisco on Thursday, 9/21.  I imagine that they will just stay on the West coast, so it saves them an extra coast-to-coast flight…so that’s probably why that happened.]

The Stealers got two Thursday night home games because no on in Pittsburgh has to get up and go to work Friday morning.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

It may be a little early for this, but I'm thinking about getting crappy, expensive, upper bowl ticket(s) to the Bills game on Sunday Night, Nov 5th.  I have season tickets in 104 but drew the short straw for that game and another household is going.  If I want in, I gotta pay TicketBastard.  Lol.

Looking at the upper bowl, NE corner, first row in the upper half.  Cost with fees is $245 each.  I can absolutely go solo - already have a room at the AC Banks (cashed in a Marriott freebie) and Im not planning to share that.  But before I pull the trigger and get my ticket, I thought I'd check to see if anyone here is, like me, on the fence and who would like to be my +1.

Screenshot_20230729_173409_Bengals.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, lslmustang said:

The Stealers are not happy with 2 Thursday night games and how they fit into their schedule... I read this a week or so ago so not able to find the link... but they feel its punishment for voting no as Green Bay has the same gripe

Allready excuses from the Inbreds..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

Lemme know when your plans firm up.  I don't yet know which games I'll be at - three households sharing two seats and we've not done our draw yet - but I've already "defensively" booked rooms at the Ikea Aloft or the CVG Courtyard for most of the games - I managed to get a spot in the AC Banks using an expiring 35K award certificate for the Bills game. I know I will NOT be at the preseason Packers game (medical stuff) or Turkey weekend Stealers game (family stuff).  But if our schedules overlap, and our hotel neighborhoods overlap, we should get together ... even if just for Swedish Meatballs in West Chester.

PS if staying near CVG I just park in the Kenyon Co garage in downtown Covington next to Clooney Spiral and just walk over the river.  Easy access to Grail if I have time and don't mind standing nuts to butts with jackholes (LT thinks the Grail is awesome, not that there's anything wrong with that), and an easy walk to the stadium with multiple approach paths to avoid the grifters and panhandlers.

looking like the home opener and the MNF game are in my plans for now. if i do roll to the opener i think im immediately racing to detroit afterwords for a concert so will fly into cincy saturday, stay that night, then go to game sunday and fly out of detroit monday morning(one of the few cities that my son can fly direct to Omaha from to get back to school)

for the Rams MNF game, ill come in saturday afteroon, the Savages will be in town also, go to reds game Sat night and/or sunday afternoon then bengals MNF fly home tuesday or stay the week for a work trip add on(and they can pay for the plane ticket that way).

will also be in KC for the chiefs game new years, but thats all thats concrete so far.

11 hours ago, GoBengals said:

looking like the home opener and the MNF game are in my plans for now. if i do roll to the opener i think im immediately racing to detroit afterwords for a concert so will fly into cincy saturday, stay that night, then go to game sunday and fly out of detroit monday morning(one of the few cities that my son can fly direct to Omaha from to get back to school)

for the Rams MNF game, ill come in saturday afteroon, the Savages will be in town also, go to reds game Sat night and/or sunday afternoon then bengals MNF fly home tuesday or stay the week for a work trip add on(and they can pay for the plane ticket that way).

will also be in KC for the chiefs game new years, but thats all thats concrete so far.

I am also going to the MNF game and to the Reds final regular season home game on Sunday the 24th. (Also flying in Saturday the 23rd)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GoBengals said:

For the opener, an Irish band I'm friends with is playing Saturday 3-6 in Beavercreek (Dayton area) that I'm heading to.  If you're up for a side trip that afternoon the first round will be on me.  I'm crashing in Sharonville Saturday night then meeting LT at the stadium or the Grail Sunday pregame.

Monday night I -might- be crashing with friends in Hyde Park or I might be back in Sharonville.  Dunno yet.  Things are really flexible now that Rumspringa is over.  Keep me posted as your plans evolve and I can adjust if you wanna hook up pregame or post game.

19 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Amish and I will be at the home opener also. Should hook up again at halftime at the pub area near 104. 

excellent, i am down for that,  depending how serious basketball gets later in the month in september for my kid, might be the only time he can go aside from holidays or playoffs. if burrow isnt playing i probably wont go, however. fingers crossed.

15 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I am also going to the MNF game and to the Reds final regular season home game on Sunday the 24th. (Also flying in Saturday the 23rd)

sweet we will see if us and the savages can link up.

10 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

For the opener, an Irish band I'm friends with is playing Saturday 3-6 in Beavercreek (Dayton area) that I'm heading to.  If you're up for a side trip that afternoon the first round will be on me.  I'm crashing in Sharonville Saturday night then meeting LT at the stadium or the Grail Sunday pregame.

Monday night I -might- be crashing with friends in Hyde Park or I might be back in Sharonville.  Dunno yet.  Things are really flexible now that Rumspringa is over.  Keep me posted as your plans evolve and I can adjust if you wanna hook up pregame or post game.

sounds like a plan! savages and I stayed at the springhill sweets by eden park(i think) last time they were in town, so may stay there just depends how the marriott points are workin that weekend. most likely flight is landing at 2:45 in covington saturday, but nothing purchased yet, waiting to see if i can swing it into a work trip and pawn the bill off on them.

As soon as we figure out if our tailgate is going to be in the same place (Brent Spence bridge construction may have comprised?) I would love to have any and all from the board join us. There’s always plenty to eat and drink. We’re usually setting up by 8. I’ll let everyone know as soon as I do.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Sounds good, haven't seen Dan since the year we all met up in Baltimore.

ah yea, i was all pissed that day, i forget why, i assume we lost, lol

11 hours ago, MOC said:

As soon as we figure out if our tailgate is going to be in the same place (Brent Spence bridge construction may have comprised?) I would love to have any and all from the board join us. There’s always plenty to eat and drink. We’re usually setting up by 8. I’ll let everyone know as soon as I do.

ah sweet, my kid never wants to do tailgate stuff, dan always wants to do tailgate stuff, so that may be sweet for MNF

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

ah yea, i was all pissed that day, i forget why, i assume we lost, lol

ah sweet, my kid never wants to do tailgate stuff, dan always wants to do tailgate stuff, so that may be sweet for MNF

We actually won I remember because my brother thought some dude wanted to fight us, and my brother was like "there is 4 of us" (to his 2), but the guy didn't my brother was not understanding what the guy was talking about. (Plus I am not getting into any fights lol)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We actually won I remember because my brother thought some dude wanted to fight us, and my brother was like "there is 4 of us" (to his 2), but the guy didn't my brother was not understanding what the guy was talking about. (Plus I am not getting into any fights lol)

interesting, well who knows then, i was like 25 so i was grumpy about a lot of dumbass shit for no reason back then.

i know i didnt see many losses in that building, or in pittsburgh.

40 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Otherwise, a lot of people are going to seek alternative ways to watch it.

Get in car. Drive to Paycor Stadium. Buy a ticket from the friendly people on street corners with signs reading “I need tickets”. Walk into stadium. Enjoy game.

Easy peezy. 😀

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Get in car. Drive to Paycor Stadium. Buy a ticket from the friendly people on street corners with signs reading “I need tickets”. Walk into stadium. Enjoy game.

Easy peezy. 😀

Easy peezy until I have to drive back by myself at midnight to go to work the next day. I’m not retired just yet.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 12:31 PM, MOC said:

Okay, tailgate is in the same lot as last year. Parking lot at the NW "corner" of West 3rd and Central, top of the hill. It's actually at the top of a "street" called John St. which is just west of Central on 3rd. There's a lot that the State of Ohio bought and closed off last year to do something with staging for the bridge product, on 3rd at Central (NW Corner) and we're up the hill from there. Look for the yellow school bus (unless he painted it in the off season?) and the Bengal striped/themed van and that's where we'll be. I'll be wearing a white Bengals jersey with the number 54 on it and either MOC on the nameplate (or some variation of MOC) 😊 Just to be safe, I wouldn't show up until 9 (most of us arrive around 8 to 8:30 for setup) or after and we usually start tearing down and heading to the stadium around Noon. Menu is currently slated to be "Oktoberfest" related, but there's always something for everybody nearby. Plenty to drink as well. Looking forward to meeting any and all :049: :gobengals:

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:51 PM, MOC said:

Okay, tailgate is in the same lot as last year. Parking lot at the NW "corner" of West 3rd and Central, top of the hill. It's actually at the top of a "street" called John St. which is just west of Central on 3rd. There's a lot that the State of Ohio bought and closed off last year to do something with staging for the bridge product, on 3rd at Central (NW Corner) and we're up the hill from there. Look for the yellow school bus (unless he painted it in the off season?) and the Bengal striped/themed van and that's where we'll be. I'll be wearing a white Bengals jersey with the number 54 on it and either MOC on the nameplate (or some variation of MOC) 😊 Just to be safe, I wouldn't show up until 9 (most of us arrive around 8 to 8:30 for setup) or after and we usually start tearing down and heading to the stadium around Noon. Menu is currently slated to be "Oktoberfest" related, but there's always something for everybody nearby. Plenty to drink as well. Looking forward to meeting any and all :049: :gobengals:

Go and anyone else interested, I'll let you know the Monday night timing as soon as we figure it out, which should be early next week.

i will not be in town, i have been sick in some form for nearly 3 weeks, had 6 days of the worst ive felt starting sept 2nd, then the following friday ended up in the ER with my oxygen around 74, was in the hospital for 4 days, been home, but still on oxygen since then, should be off oxygen by this weekend but not risking travel. I ended up with Legionnaires disease (wtf?!?!) a bacterial infection that caused pneumonia in both lungs, I have weened down from 6 oxygen to 1 and and keeping a 92-95 oxygen level, so i hope to be off in a day or two. Then the antibiotic had adverse effects with a statin i take causing muscle breakdown and burning and pain in my muscles hands and feet. So i cannot pickup certain things and have a constant pain in my feet currently as well. The pains seems to be lessoning, but still an issue.

I hope to get to a game soon, but im off the books for a few more weeks. 

• Like 1