Other teams cuts (that you find interesting)

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I would keep my eye on QB2, RB, TE, and OT (where better backups could be added). 

Every other position is deep and set I think. 

last 3 or 5 months the team has been learning bonding understanding the Bengal way.

Cuts will be made.

How quickky could a new addtion acclimate himself?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

last 3 or 5 months the team has been learning bonding understanding the Bengal way.

Cuts will be made.

How quickky could a new addtion acclimate himself?

Right. This is pretty unprecedented this year- one massive cut next Tuesday, so over 1,000 guys on the street. Gonna be pretty crazy. Granted, a bunch of guys will come back as PS guys, but I gotta think the Bengals will lose some guys to other rosters as they are deep in several spots.

As others have mentioned, could definitely see them looking at QB, TE, RB, OL, even S. Just depends on who’s out there - and even in the case of guys they cut and want to bring back to the PS, what other options guys might have… even on other team’s practice squads if the player/agent thinks they’ll have a better chance to crack the 53 elsewhere (I think there are 16 PS spots available). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, texbengal said:

Right. This is pretty unprecedented this year- one massive cut next Tuesday, so over 1,000 guys on the street. Gonna be pretty crazy. Granted, a bunch of guys will come back as PS guys, but I gotta think the Bengals will lose some guys to other rosters as they are deep in several spots.

As others have mentioned, could definitely see them looking at QB, TE, RB, OL, even S. Just depends on who’s out there - and even in the case of guys they cut and want to bring back to the PS, what other options guys might have… even on other team’s practice squads if the player/agent thinks they’ll have a better chance to crack the 53 elsewhere (I think there are 16 PS spots available). 

We are an interesting home for veteran TE, QB and RB on the practice squad. Great winning culture and a potential pathway to snaps. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

We are an interesting home for veteran TE, QB and RB on the practice squad. Great winning culture and a potential pathway to snaps. 

Yep.

Interesting that I saw where Mason Schreck is 2nd team TE in Houston. Caught a game-winning (preseason) TD from Jeff Driskel. Go ex-Bengals!

• Upvote 1

Here’s the link to waiver transactions on NFL.com. You can look up by team but I think it’s cumbersome the way they have the waivers and terminations separated. That said, some teams have already announced some cuts. Among the ex-Bengals, saw Darius Phillips, Isaiah Prince. Christian Covington, Bobbie Hart(!)… I’m sure I missed a few.

To my untrained eye, I didn’t see anyone who I’d take a flyer on as yet, but the list will get a lot longer tomorrow and especially on Tuesday. 

https://www.nfl.com/transactions/league/waivers/2023/8

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Here’s the link to waiver transactions on NFL.com. You can look up by team but I think it’s cumbersome the way they have the waivers and terminations separated. That said, some teams have already announced some cuts. Among the ex-Bengals, saw Darius Phillips, Isaiah Prince. Christian Covington, Bobbie Hart(!)… I’m sure I missed a few.

To my untrained eye, I didn’t see anyone who I’d take a flyer on as yet, but the list will get a lot longer tomorrow and especially on Tuesday. 

https://www.nfl.com/transactions/league/waivers/2023/8

I use this one. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/

Not that its better

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

The ultimate pick him up for your fantasy team for a week when your starters are on a bye or hurt. 

If he signs a prove it contract yes..

Its the only way they'll sign a player.

The huge  hole im the boat is a backup QB.

Both arent worth starting any game.

They'll be looking.

• Upvote 1

Word on the street is that Colt McCoy has a "dead arm" and is considering retirement.

I always wondered why Donta Foreman hasn't stuck with a team.

He gave the Bengals fits when he came in for Derrick Henry in that playoff game.

Same thing when he played for the Texans, and Panthers

He is physical, runs extremely hard, and has nice speed.

And he is only 27.

A poor man's Nick Chubb.

If Denver releases TE Albert Okwuegbunam, I'd take a look at him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

Word on the street is that Colt McCoy has a "dead arm" and is considering retirement.

I always wondered why Donta Foreman hasn't stuck with a team.

He gave the Bengals fits when he came in for Derrick Henry in that playoff game.

Same thing when he played for the Texans, and Panthers

He is physical, runs extremely hard, and has nice speed.

And he is only 27.

A poor man's Nick Chubb.

If Denver releases TE Albert Okwuegbunam, I'd take a look at him.

I like where your head is at, Foreman and Okwuegbunam would be good fits on the PS. 

28 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Jags waiving Nathan Rourke , great back up in my mind . He has the “it” factor. I believe he tried out for the Bengals on his pre-signing tour. 

I don’t often pound the table, but I would for this one. 

Seconded.  He's from the town I live in (in Canada), he went to Ohio University, he looks like a shorter Joe the way he plays... this is a guy we can all get behind!