What Cincinnati Bengals punter Brad Robbins learned from his frustrating debut

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He's played in one game and you want to replace him

I wanted to replace him before he played one game, so all this "after one week?!?" does not refer to me lol.. My quote before the season was to the effect of "The one thing that scares me is our crappy punter Brad Robbins. Sure he has hang time but a 40 yard average is not going to cut it. When he kicked from the end zone the other teams will start in our territory. That's not acceptable. When punting from deep on our end the opposing team will be a first down and a few yards from a FG attempt.". Sure enough for the first half of the game Cleveland had awesome field position because of our crappy crappy punter. He sucks.. His college stats wouldn't have even put him in the top 10 in the NFL so if he's all about the hang time then he's pretty shitty. 

On 9/16/2023 at 8:29 PM, Gary said:

I wanted to replace him before he played one game, so all this "after one week?!?" does not refer to me lol.. My quote before the season was to the effect of "The one thing that scares me is our crappy punter Brad Robbins. Sure he has hang time but a 40 yard average is not going to cut it. When he kicked from the end zone the other teams will start in our territory. That's not acceptable. When punting from deep on our end the opposing team will be a first down and a few yards from a FG attempt.". Sure enough for the first half of the game Cleveland had awesome field position because of our crappy crappy punter. He sucks.. His college stats wouldn't have even put him in the top 10 in the NFL so if he's all about the hang time then he's pretty shitty. 

Well that's what our coaches wanted, they had a guy that could boom it but they cut him in place of Robbins. 

If the punter on a team is your biggest concern then you are in a good place. 

6 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Well that's what our coaches wanted, they had a guy that could boom it but they cut him in place of Robbins. 

If the punter on a team is your biggest concern then you are in a good place. 

The punter is not the biggest concern on the team.

But no news for any of us here.

On 9/14/2023 at 7:35 AM, Jamie_B said:

His punts got better as the game went on, but I'm not a big hang time guy, distance is what matters.

Crisman isn't that good either. 

This is an understandable no but would you guys consider araiza? He was accused of the most disgusting thing imaginable, but he was also found not guilty 

every special teams coach just lost their mind on hang time doesnt matter. it might be all that matters. if youre gonna get chewed out over slight directional error for your coverage to run to hang time is a huge factor, you dont want ANY runbacks. IMO

On 9/14/2023 at 1:05 PM, sparky151 said:

Pretty sure he was referring to Araiza. I also would have thought some team would bring him in for a look during preseason. 

Bengals won't be hasty to move on from Robbins. Simmons wanted him and he'll get every chance to prove himself.

yea they never make a quick curtain call on anyone, he gets 8-10 weeks easy if not the season.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:54 PM, claptonrocks said:

Why?

They want to see if Mixon can bust out of his drought..

Long overdue for 100yrds..

man RB's are hoping for 100 all purpose yards these days. mcaffery magic ass is killing it over 100 YPG, aside from him only one guy is even averaging 90ypg, if RB's are getting hot its often in the short pass game. would love to see some good old fashioned running work tho for sure.

On 9/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, High School Harry said:

Screw the rain.  It rains on both teams, as they say.

Quit procrastinating and making excuses and play the fucking game.

Maybe even win it.

Shit's getting old.

lol its week 3.

• Like 1