BURROW OUT FOR THE YEAR 💔

So Jake Browning and AJ McCarron are now 1 and 1A.

I expect Pumkie will either bring in a veteran (like Matt Ryan, Joe Flacluster, or Philip Rivers) or will grab a QB from another teams' practice squad (like Jake Fromm State Farm or Ben DiNucci) to come in for a tryout.  We've got a 10-day mini-bye and a LOT of challenges to overcome.... no need to waste time.

4 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I expect Pumkie will either bring in a veteran (like Matt Ryan, Joe Flacluster, or Philip Rivers) or will grab a QB from another teams' practice squad (like Jake Fromm State Farm or Ben DiNucci) to come in for a tryout.  We've got a 10-day mini-bye and a LOT of challenges to overcome.... no need to waste time.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-reportedly-working-veteran-qb-155108515.html

Flacco apparently visiting the Clowns.

3 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

The last thing they will do is bring in one of those long-washed veterans for a 7-game rental. No real reason to waste the time. 

If all the other “weapons” they supposedly had can get out of their own injury straitjacket s, the game manager Jake (not State Farm) and AJ might be able to oversee an unanticipated run. 

Defense congeals and holds teams down…Mixon runs…Tee gets back in the field. They could maybe squeeze those 5 wins out of 7 for the playoffs. Stranger things have happened 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

The last thing they will do is bring in one of those long-washed veterans for a 7-game rental. No real reason to waste the time. 

If all the other “weapons” they supposedly had can get out of their own injury straitjacket s, the game manager Jake (not State Farm) and AJ might be able to oversee an unanticipated run. 

Defense congeals and holds teams down…Mixon runs…Tee gets back in the field. They could maybe squeeze those 5 wins out of 7 for the playoffs. Stranger things have happened 

Agree wholeheartedly 

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Uhh..

The part about about AJ or Jake squeezing out 5 wins.

like to see what Vegas odds would be on that .😎

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

We would be better off convincing Carolina to let us have Andy back.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sois said:

I hate Dalton, but that's what he is designed for. Hold down the fort. Make it happen, karma gods.

Keep in mind I think we would be better off than with those other guys but I still think the season is over. We won’t get any of these guys up to speed quick enough to save us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Rest injured guys, play for pride and give some young players some snaps. Then get a higher draft pick and parlay that into more strengths next season.

Don't give up yet, Bengals just have to get into the dance with a hopefully healthy Burrow. 

3 minutes ago, sois said:

Don't give up yet, Bengals just have to get into the dance with a hopefully healthy Burrow. 

Sigh. When I saw Browning come in I checked his stats.  1 competitive pass in 6 years!  1!   A full blown rookie who played last January in a Bowl game would give me more hope. 

• Upvote 1

Burrow broke his hand at Ohio State in 2017, which is part of the reason he left for LSU, where he then put up the best College Football season in history. So there is a precedent for him getting an injury on this hand and then coming back better than ever. 

Below: The scar from surgery down the middle of his throwing hand in 2017. 

IMG_9199-1024x768 (1).jpg

• Like 1