Keeping our enemies close: 2024

29 minutes ago, JC said:

Justin Simmons out in Denver. That one would be at the tippy top of my list. Paul and Jay have made it abundantly clear they’ve been hearing the Bengals are getting a vet safety.

Vic Fangio in Philly probably makes the most sense there.

Simmons is as good as Bates if not better

• Upvote 1

Simmons was born in the county I live in and on the side of the county I go to a gym to swim at, and where my best friend lives. 

Wonder what their plans for Dax are if they are going to bring a vet safety in. Is Dax going to go back to being a backup Nickle and take over that spot when Mike Hilton leaves?

• Upvote 1

Wilson will sign cheap if he likes the situation. But he'll want guaranteed money for 2025 or beyond that doesn't count for the Broncos. He may want a 3 year 80 mil contract with the 1.2 mil vet min for 2024 and 39 mil per year the last 2 years with 2025 guaranteed at signing.

21 hours ago, Griever said:

Buff desperate to get out of the red

Dude was non-existent last year.  When we played the Bills, I kept looking for him but only saw him once of twice.  Turns out he barely took 1/3 of the defensive snaps (34%), but that number was HIGH for Miller, he only beat that 5 times in 2023.  Overall, he barely played 20% of their regular season snaps.

Even a reduced $8.855M for less than 1/4th of a season is a TON of cashola for very little actual work.  He's ripping them off.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240309_035940.jpg

IMG_20240309_035952.jpg

Jones wont get that kind of deal, he'll be 30 going into the season. He will get paid, but it will be large up front so he can be cut. He wont get a deal like this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I thought they didn’t “have any money”? 

Well they are going to be losing a number of guys, so some of that money is coming off the books. I wouldn't expect them to be big players in FA this year outside of this. You can expect that they lose Queen, OBJ, some of their RBs, amongst others.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Well they are going to be losing a number of guys, so some of that money is coming off the books. I wouldn't expect them to be big players in FA this year outside of this. You can expect that they lose Queen, OBJ, some of their RBs, amongst others.

The Ravens , I believe, also said the large cap increase kind of saved them. 

• Upvote 1

Both the Ravens starting guards are free agents and Stanley can't stay healthy. They'll probably lose Zeitler, Edwards, Dobbins, OBJ, Stone, Queen, and perhaps others. After paying Roquan 20 per and Lamar 50 per, they will have to be more cap conscious. 

• Upvote 1