Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

2 hours ago, Griever said:

My take on this list:

1. Agree, Zac's calls are fun - but I enjoy almost any call like this across the league.
  2. These are usually typical fare, but for whatever reason in Ja'marr's year it was incredible, so many revealing moments.
  3. Phoniest shit ever, I hate the Goodell hugs.
  4. I, too, salivate like Pavlov's dog at the ESPN draft chime.
  5. Reading draft grades is ok, usually all over the place - personally I like digging out and reading every draft profile and highlight reel I can find about every Bengal pick.
  6. Eh, never really cared too much about Mr. Irrelevant, it's called that for a reason no?  Not much of a label for the actual person?  Nice for Brock Purdy though.
  7. What, is he serious?  Next year's mocks have already started!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

My take on this list:

1. Agree, Zac's calls are fun - but I enjoy almost any call like this across the league.
  2. These are usually typical fare, but for whatever reason in Ja'marr's year it was incredible, so many revealing moments.
  3. Phoniest shit ever, I hate the Goodell hugs.
  4. I, too, salivate like Pavlov's dog at the ESPN draft chime.
  5. Reading draft grades is ok, usually all over the place - personally I like digging out and reading every draft profile and highlight reel I can find about every Bengal pick.
  6. Eh, never really cared too much about Mr. Irrelevant, it's called that for a reason no?  Not much of a label for the actual person?  Nice for Brock Purdy though.
  7. What, is he serious?  Next year's mocks have already started!

Hell yeah, the chime and the old school NFL Primetime music is why I watch the ESPN broadcast of the Draft rather than NFL Network

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Thank you very much! I knew they had him for at least this season, because that was pointed out last year when people on Twitter started screaming "He'll be a starter somewhere next year!" But I didn't realize it was two more seasons. Good to know, good for the Bengals, and maybe not so good for him.

In two years, Browning would then be a restricted free agent rather than an exclusive rights free agent. As a RFA, the team can extend a tender to him that would require another team signing him to give up a draft pick. The Bengals would likely tender him at the 1st round level, which would be worth several million dollars to Browning. Whether another team signs him and offers up the pick (the Bengals would still have the right to match) or not will depend on his play until then and how desperate the other team is. 

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

In two years, Browning would then be a restricted free agent rather than an exclusive rights free agent. As a RFA, the team can extend a tender to him that would require another team signing him to give up a draft pick. The Bengals would likely tender him at the 1st round level, which would be worth several million dollars to Browning. Whether another team signs him and offers up the pick (the Bengals would still have the right to match) or not will depend on his play until then and how desperate the other team is. 

Let's hope his only play until then will be in the fourth quarter of blowout wins.

3 hours ago, Griever said:

Gotta say it and know I will get flamed and trashed to Hell and back...

On these days of the 2024 draft, I would much rather see Joe Burrow involved

with the incoming rookies than hanging around with the jack off trash of the NFL.

And Machine Gun Kelly, Trippy Red (who I never heard of) and someone should tell

Joe his bud, Kid Cuddly (whatever) cancelled his Cincinnati concert.

Please don't tell me Joe is trying to recruit this fuck wit cancer.

I would much rather see in eating cheese coneys with Mims.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

^ Odell Beckham Jr. was in the locker room when LSU won the national championship, making it rain with dollar bills ... so him and Burrow / Chase go back a long way. 

I don't think the Bengals would add OBJ, unless they were trading Tee, though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Zac Taylor indicated that Dax Hill is now a cornerback and will compete for an outside corner starting role. 

Was coming in to post this.

What a frustrating pick

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Was coming in to post this.

What a frustrating pick

I would assume its frustrating not knowing what position you'll play.

On the plus side the team just added another 1st Rd speedster to the CB corps ..😊