Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

Can't disagree with that. We have some turnover coming this season and as far as I know the Rats don't have nearly the amount we do. I think a Wild Card next season is likely, then we see us taking the division again the following year. (No team in this division has ever won it 3 years in a row)

19 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Jason Kelce doing shirtless selfies in Taylor Swift's box post-game ...

I'm about Kelced out, and that includes the attention seeker in the box last night.

7 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

I don't think it's just the Chiefs. I read somewhere a few months ago that opposing teams rank the visitors locker room in Buffalo as the worst in the league. The reports were of only one toilet working, cold water standing in the shower, etc. Apparently it's like a dungeon and it may very well be by design. If it's true, the league should do something about it. Demand they upgrade and then have inspectors on hand to make sure things work. 

Speaking of Buffalo, Mike McConnell shared on WLW that he went to a Bengals fan up there in the late 80s and they saw his Ohio plates and wouldn't let him park in any of the lots, one even going so far as to put his foot on the front of his car to demonstrate that he wasn't allowed in. He finally got into one because the attendance didn't catch his plates, but then got verbally assaulted. One Bengals fan had his car spray painted all over with the words "Ickey Sucks" and random lines of paint. I've always kinda had a soft spot for that franchise, I guess because the Bengals have a history of beating them in big games, but they may not actually be very likeable.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I'm about Kelced out, and that includes the attention seeker in the box last night.

I don't think it's just the Chiefs. I read somewhere a few months ago that opposing teams rank the visitors locker room in Buffalo as the worst in the league. The reports were of only one toilet working, cold water standing in the shower, etc. Apparently it's like a dungeon and it may very well be by design. If it's true, the league should do something about it. Demand they upgrade and then have inspectors on hand to make sure things work. 

Speaking of Buffalo, Mike McConnell shared on WLW that he went to a Bengals fan up there in the late 80s and they saw his Ohio plates and wouldn't let him park in any of the lots, one even going so far as to put his foot on the front of his car to demonstrate that he wasn't allowed in. He finally got into one because the attendance didn't catch his plates, but then got verbally assaulted. One Bengals fan had his car spray painted all over with the words "Ickey Sucks" and random lines of paint. I've always kinda had a soft spot for that franchise, I guess because the Bengals have a history of beating them in big games, but they may not actually be very likeable.

They're doing one better and upgrading the whole stadium

https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/second-set-of-new-bills-stadium-renderings#8f07079f-0427-4ea3-87ea-3e5d50019a9a

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Allen is so focused on running as a glorified FB or playing glory deep ball, he forgets the easy crossing routes ...

That is because Allen was trying to make it about him by trying to be the Hero there.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:43 PM, BlackJesus said:

... It was Burrow's old OC from LSU (Joe Brady), and he must've still thought he had Shiesty and Uno on the deep ball. 

That play was never designed to go deep.  The deep receivers’ routes were designed to open the underneath route which it did perfectly.  Allen just playing hero ball like Brett Favre did ALL THE TIME. 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:33 PM, Cricket said:

Josh Allen and/or the Offensive Coordinator just plain got stupid on that last drive.  All they had to do was to keep stacking the first downs and burn the clock.  Instead there were two very long throws with little chance of success…and if one of those long throws would have been successful, they would have given Kermit more than enough time to counter.  🦗

That’s on Allen. The pass was never supposed to be deep. It was a beautiful play but Allen tried to be a hero. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:53 PM, SF2 said:

That’s on Allen. The pass was never supposed to be deep. It was a beautiful play but Allen tried to be a hero. 

Allen is a great ,QB.

His main target is Diggs.

great players but bad potion as teammates.

Diggs gotta go.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Allen is a great ,QB.

His main target is Diggs.

great players but bad potion as teammates.

Diggs gotta go.

Diggs was wide open on that play. It would have resulted in a 1st down around the 15 to 10. Classic Brett Favre play.  

• Upvote 3

I'm tired of Kansas City, but I DESPISE the Ravens.  I will never forget the game September 24, 2000 at Baltimore.  We were losing 37 - 0 in the 4th quarter, and Brian Billick still had the first string offense in the game, passing the ball trying to score more points.

Bruce Coslet was so humiliated that he resigned the next day.

So when Joe Burrow lit them up in Baltimore 41 - 17 in 2021, it was payback.

FUCK THE RATBIRDS!!!  I hope KC DESTROYS them Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

I'm tired of Kansas City, but I DESPISE the Ravens.  I will never forget the game September 24, 2000 at Baltimore.  We were losing 37 - 0 in the 4th quarter, and Brian Billick still had the first string offense in the game, passing the ball trying to score more points.

They are despicable and remember last years final game when they were purposely trying to injure players because they knew we'd be playing them the following week

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

After the way the Chiefs behaved in winning against us last year in the AFCC and watching their behavior after winning (waving goodbye to the crowd) last week. Fuck them. Give me the Ravens with Lamar getting hurt and not being able to play in the SB. 

For the Superbowl give me the Lions winning it all in their very first trip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 1/24/2024 at 9:48 AM, Jamie_B said:

After the way the Chiefs behaved in winning against us last year in the AFCC and watching their behavior after winning (waving goodbye to the crowd) last week. Fuck them. Give me the Ravens with Lamar getting hurt and not being able to play in the SB. 

For the Superbowl give me the Lions winning it all in their very first trip.

I agree with all this other than Lamar getting injured, don't really care about Lamar.  The Chiefs however went to a SB on the back of a 5th down conversion & then talked shit about it so fuck them eternally.  That puts them in Shitsburgh territory.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I agree with all this other than Lamar getting injured, don't really care about Lamar.  The Chiefs however went to a SB on the back of a 5th down conversion & then talked shit about it so fuck them eternally.  That puts them in Shitsburgh territory.

Not to mention the travesty call against Minnesota years ago.  Minn had a 4th down and their receiver was obviously held in the end zone.  

The refs threw a flag. The Kansas City corner took his helmet off on the field and started pleading it was tipped.   Refs said ball was tipped when it obviously wasn’t and then told player to put his helmet back on.  

They picked up the flags, game over. 

• Upvote 2

At the risk of sounding conspiritorial, I have considered who the NFL might gain more coin from an ultimate AFC winner. 

I am just not seeing a SF-Rat SB as being a bell ringer. DET-Rat might be a smidge better…but the best combo would be KC-DET for eyeball numbers. Indeed, KC-SF would be a not-too-distant 2nd. 

Dunno…but in who the League would want most…Kermit would be it from the AFC. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

At the risk of sounding conspiritorial, I have considered who the NFL might gain more coin from an ultimate AFC winner. 

I am just not seeing a SF-Rat SB as being a bell ringer. DET-Rat might be a smidge better…but the best combo would be KC-DET for eyeball numbers. Indeed, KC-SF would be a not-too-distant 2nd. 

Dunno…but in who the League would want most…Kermit would be it. 

You know there is one team the network definitely wants for all the casual lady fans who will be at Super Bowl parties.  Care to take a guess? 

• Upvote 1