12 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

The Mixon signing is the most insane thing I have ever seen. Why would they do that? They had him for a year already. His market was not going to be anywhere near that. 

In truth,  it’s a team friendly 2 year $13 mil guaranteed deal I think.  Some of this make believe stuff is done to make the player and agent look better IMHO.

$6.5 mil a year for 2 years is a little high but not like Saquon Barkley at $26 mil guaranteed. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

If we don't sign Becton and tart what's next?

I expect one or both to sign… and I haven’t looked at who’s still available, but there are guys that can find to do 1-year deals … plus keep in mind that with the draft upcoming, more vets are gonna get cut so it’s not the end of FA by a long shot. 

One guy that played pretty well in Dallas last year was Jonathan Hankins at DT. Cowboys drafted Mazi Smith, who wasn’t ready and Hankins really helped them in defending the run. He’s older but he’d be a guy I’d consider, as I believe he is a FA now.

At T, the cupboard is pretty bare in FA, IMO. Wonder if it’s the Cody Ford show at RT and whomever they decide to draft. 

1 minute ago, texbengal said:

I expect one or both to sign… and I haven’t looked at who’s still available, but there are guys that can find to do 1-year deals … plus keep in mind that with the draft upcoming, more vets are gonna get cut so it’s not the end of FA by a long shot. 

One guy that played pretty well in Dallas last year was Jonathan Hankins at DT. Cowboys drafted Mazi Smith, who wasn’t ready and Hankins really helped them in defending the run. He’s older but he’d be a guy I’d consider, as I believe he is a FA now.

At T, the cupboard is pretty bare in FA, IMO. Wonder if it’s the Cody Ford show at RT and whomever they decide to draft. 

Thinkvtrent brown and Tyron smith are out there but smith won't play RT

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

Sample I almost look as a FB at this point

Gesicki - WR 

Sample - FB 

Hudson - WR 

Still no full TE on the roster tbh. But not sure this team needs or would even use one. 

• Upvote 1

This allows you to do one of two things though:

1) Bring in Bowers if for some reason he's there and build a new wrinkle in your offense, toward the receiving type move TE that we've always avoided, but seem to now be embracing. If it's going to be a significant feature of your offense, you need 3 guys who can fill this role, because ideally you will run multiple TE sets, and your system can't fall apart with one injury (as seems to have happened to these types of experiments with us before). 

2) Draft a traits based guy in the 3rd or 4th who can be that complete TE in a year or two. It's no longer a burning need, and this draft is light on the 2nd round types at TE anyway. 

Of course, it also allows us to take one more position off the list that is competing with RT at #1, which at this point is looking almost inevitable. 

12 minutes ago, alleycat said:

1) Bring in Bowers if for some reason he's there and build a new wrinkle in your offense, toward the receiving type move TE that we've always avoided, but seem to now be embracing. If it's going to be a significant feature of your offense, you need 3 guys who can fill this role, because ideally you will run multiple TE sets, and your system can't fall apart with one injury (as seems to have happened to these types of experiments with us before). 

2) Draft a traits based guy in the 3rd or 4th who can be that complete TE in a year or two. It's no longer a burning need, and this draft is light on the 2nd round types at TE anyway. 

Of course, it also allows us to take one more position off the list that is competing with RT at #1, which at this point is looking almost inevitable. 

Sinnot is intriguing 

20 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Option 2 please

• Upvote 1

Picture this, Bengals coming out of the huddle:

Joe in shotgun. Chase and Higgins; Gesicki in the slot; Hudson doing the Hudson-y tight end thing; Sample blocking w/ no one in backfield, or no Sample and Moss in the backfield.

Bet we see this a fair bit next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Vikings add another first rounder. Trying to collect picks to move up to get a QB I think. 

This is an interesting trade since it even involves a 2025 pick:

Per multiple reports, Minnesota has acquired the No. 23 overall pick and No. 232 in the seventh round. In exchange, Houston has received No. 42 in the second round, No. 188 in the sixth round, and a second-round pick in 2025.

That gives the Vikings two first-round selections in this year’s draft, as they also have their original No. 11 overall pick after finishing the season 7-10.

The pick at No. 23 is originally from the Browns, who sent the selection to the Texans as part of the deal for quarterback Deshaun Watson.

By making this trade in mid-March, the Vikings have some options before the draft. They could potentially package No. 11 and No. 23 to move up into the top 10 for a quarterback. Or if that’s not enough, they could package No. 11 and No. 23 with a player — perhaps receiver Justin Jefferson, who is seeking a new contract — to move up for the quarterback they want.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kochman said:

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

#Bengals FA WR Trenton Irwin is signing back with Cincy, source said, as he gets a shot at being the third WR. He gets a 1-year deal worth $2M.

·
Views

Great! Glad Joe Dirt wasn’t lost in the shuffle. Really nice player who has Joe’s trust. Can play STs too. 

• Upvote 1