Just now, New Jersey Bengal said:

Surprised because Cappa is usually excellent 

I was, too. Didn't remember the injury he had the previous season, but I didn't think he was very good last year. He's a solid G, but he needs a bounceback year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

So no news on Becton and Tart?

I'm starting to get concerned now.

What's strange is they aren't addressing it at all. Like both of them went into witness protection and weren't eating steaks next to Pollack on Thursday night ??? 😕😟

Becton hasn't taken his other 2 visits yet either. So I'm totally confused.

Why don't one of these beat writers do their job and ask Zac about Becton and Tart? 

Were they offered deals and contemplating it? Are we waiting on physicals? Did the Bengals decide against signing them after the Ruby's bill came due and they saw 7 appetizers on the check? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Becton hasn't taken his other 2 visits yet either. So I'm totally confused.

Why don't one of these beat writers do their job and ask Zac about Becton and Tart? 

Were they offered deals and contemplating it? Are we waiting on physicals? Did the Bengals decide against signing them after the Ruby's bill came due and they saw 7 appetizers in the check? 

Lol

• Upvote 1

Really no need to worry about Becton. Could very well be waiting for the draft to play out to make sure he’s not going to get drafted over. This next deal is going to be a prove it deal and he can only prove it if he isn’t on the bench and there’s a greater possibility than not they’re going T at 18.

10 minutes ago, JC said:

Really no need to worry about Becton. 

But we don't even know if they offered him a deal? There's been full radio silence from him and them. Usually there is some update on where things stand. They had a visit and pulled out the Burrow 'Big Guns' for a dinner and now act like none of it occurred. 

39 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

So no news on Becton and Tart?

I'm starting to get concerned now.

I'm hoping no news is good news and it means the Bengals aren't signing either guy. They both suck and signings would tell me they're OK with a bandaid solutions over an actual solution. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I'm hoping no news is good news and it means the Bengals aren't signing either guy. They both suck and signings would tell me they're OK with a bandaid solutions over an actual solution. 

I guess I would rather a band aide than a gapping wound.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I guess I would rather a band aide than a gapping wound.  

Pretty much this. If all either guys offers is a bandaid while we wait on rooklies to beat them out, that's fine. I just dont want to go into the season with two huge holes.

• Upvote 1

Listening to Paul's podcast.  Sounds like Tart wasn't a fit personality-wise and what kind of presence they want in that room. (Didn't mesh). They will look elsewhere (and Rankin's thinks he is part of the solution).  Door hasn't closed on Becton, but they are looking at some other 'BIG' players out there and doing it "aggressively"  

*Sorry if someone already posted.  Didn't have a chance to read through stuff.

• Like 1