3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This is a great signing.

But Bengals still need to draft at least an IOL and probably a tackle too.

Brown and Karras are free agents after the season with Cappa and Volson going into the final year of their deals next year.

None of our O-line backups are pushing the starters and it's probably fair to call all of Trey Hill, Jackson Carman, and D'Ante Smith busts. 

bj hill is also a fa if I remember right

this feels like the year to draft both lines as much as possible

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dex said:

As long as there is still a gaping hole at nose tackle, after struggling horribly against the run last year in a run-first division, it is hard for me to give the Bengals an A. But they have improved the team in some other areas, especially at defending the pass.

Obtaining a decent NT would make it them an A+..😎

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The games aren’t going to be played for months.  Are you going to do nothing but be negative until then?  They’ve done what you wanted.  Jonah is gone and a veteran has been signed to replace him.  We still have the draft to add more pieces.  You should be happy but nope.  I doubt anything, even winning a Super Bowl, would change it for you.  

I don't see it as much negativity as being real about where we are at right now

I'm tired of "we reached the SB" as well

They've upgraded alot of areas to be sure but until they do what needs to be done his comments seem viable imho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

To be honest, most of his pressure problems come from the interior rush--and less so from the RT spot. Where he gets knocked down all the time is a combo of having no sliding to one side avenues--which the tackle spots can seal--and no step-up space. 

The undisputed master of escape--Kermit. Watch his right tackle when he starts to slide to his right...moves out almost immediately sealed by him. Jonah could never get this down pat. Maybe Brown will, but it does require some agility.  

Great points.

Keep drafting linemen early.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Why bother.  Nuance would mean actually acknowledging the occasional thing the team does that you like.  I know better than to think that will ever happen with you.

Like the way you've both had your say.

Ready to move on.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Obtaining a decent NT would make it them an A+..😎

In the vids I watched Rankins was mostly lining up at NT but this keeps coming up, is the expectation he'd be rotating in only for passing downs here?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

In the vids I watched Rankins was mostly lining up at NT but this keeps coming up, is the expectation he'd be rotating in only for passing downs here?

Yeah   he's a good run defender and can bring some heat.

Still need a legit sloberknocker though.

Actually 2 dlinemen are needed as well as strengthening the Oline.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

🌭 🧀 

IMG_20240319_195922.jpg

My daughter, a former Skyline employee for 8 years, was none too happy when she heard they FINALLY switched to Coke.   She hates Pepsi. 

As far as Brown is concerned, I don’t think the Patriots would throw him under the bus to be honest.  In Brown’s defense, the whole Mac Jones era has been an unmitigated disaster so Brown may have simply checked out.  

It is hard to get motivated to block for a shit QB with no running game and zero talent at WR.  The Patriots literally have no decent talent and ZERO speed anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I don't see it as much negativity as being real about where we are at right now

I'm tired of "we reached the SB" as well

They've upgraded alot of areas to be sure but until they do what needs to be done his comments seem viable imho.

Where we’re at is no different than the past 3 years.  We still have a legitimate chance to win it all, but the division is the toughest in the league and the AFC is loaded.  That’s reality, not an excuse.  It may or may not end up how we want but there’s no games till September.  The roster isn’t even close to being finished and it’s very reasonable to like what has happened to this point.  Especially when guys like Mixon and Jonah are no longer here as many people wanted.  

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The Browns are screwing the rest of the NFL, that Jerry Jeudy deal is nuts...

Does anybody else understand WTF the Browns are doing with these guarantees on contracts?  Like, hey - you're semi-mid - here's 3 years guaranteed at 5mil+ over your market value per year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BBR said:

Does anybody else understand WTF the Browns are doing with these guarantees on contracts?  Like, hey - you're semi-mid - here's 3 years guaranteed at 5mil+ over your market value per year.

tenor.gif

Mortgaging their future would be my guess. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BBR said:

The Browns are paying franchise QB money for a non-franchise QB, yet are still extending numerous players with big money contracts. We've seen teams like the Cowboys and the Saints have to eventually pull back because of cap restraints, but the Browns seem to avoid this nightmare somehow. The money continues to flow. Maybe they employ the greatest accountant in all of sports, I dunno.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Any rumors on. Prospective DT?

Arik Armstead?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/20/bengals-want-dj-reader-sheldon-rankins-interest-arik-armstead-free-agency/

But then it got hard for Radicevic and Trey Brown as they focused on re-signing nose tackle DJ Reader. The frustration grew with the escalating deals for the defensive tackles. They were talking to players like Reader and the just-released Arik Armstead, among others. Others didn’t have passing grades or weren’t locker-room fits.

One of the other reported players that presumably didn’t fit for one reason or another was Teair Tart. With Armstead, Jacksonville giving him $51 million over three years probably pushed the Bengals out of their comfort zone.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Arik Armstead?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/20/bengals-want-dj-reader-sheldon-rankins-interest-arik-armstead-free-agency/

But then it got hard for Radicevic and Trey Brown as they focused on re-signing nose tackle DJ Reader. The frustration grew with the escalating deals for the defensive tackles. They were talking to players like Reader and the just-released Arik Armstead, among others. Others didn’t have passing grades or weren’t locker-room fits.

One of the other reported players that presumably didn’t fit for one reason or another was Teair Tart. With Armstead, Jacksonville giving him $51 million over three years probably pushed the Bengals out of their comfort zone.

He signed with Jacksonville

• Upvote 1