Draftable players the Bengals have met with

Like most teams, the Bengals usually draft players that they have had a chance to meet with, interview, or have an official visit with. Because of that, it's a good barometer to guess who may be a future Bengal in a month. 

So here is a thread to discuss any of the players that the Bengals have met with.

* If there's a guy missing from the first list below then add them to the thread as well. 

IMG_20240327_211739.jpg

IMG_20240327_211752.jpg

IMG_20240327_211812.jpg

• Upvote 1

Any idea which players are team captains? Zac seems  to love him some captains (can't say as I blame him) and that may be a hint as to who they are real serious about.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Like most teams, the Bengals usually draft players that they have had a chance to meet with, interview, or have an official visit with. Because of that, it's a good barometer to guess who may be a future Bengal in a month. 

So here is a thread to discuss any of the players that the Bengals have met with.

* If there's a guy missing from the first list below then add them to the thread as well. 

IMG_20240327_211739.jpg

IMG_20240327_211752.jpg

IMG_20240327_211812.jpg

Don't know what Luke McCaffrey brings in but the genes are great.

Fuaga- Mims and Lathem only 3 first rd OTs they talked to.

30 minutes ago, gupps said:

Any idea which players are team captains? Zac seems  to love him some captains (can't say as I blame him) and that may be a hint as to who they are real serious about.

Most college players who are good enough for the NFL are team captains. Some teams have a bunch, like 6 or more. It probably matters more for veteran free agents than for drafted players. 

18 hours ago, Griever said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2024/04/04/amarius-mims-2024-nfl-draft-offensive-tackle-prospect-from-georgia-visits-cincinnati-bengals/

Not sure if this ⬆️ will work or not but excellent article on Mims and the visit.

Sounds like if he is there, he's a Bengal

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Bengals do like their OTs huge now. (under 6'8, 330 lbs, with arms less than 34" need not apply) 💪

Yep...I think the days of picking the smaller, perceived more "athletic" tackles are over for now. Think about Jonah, his measurements  we're 6'4", just over 300 lbs.

Compare that with Mims like you said...now we're talking absolute mountains at Tackle

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2024/04/04/amarius-mims-2024-nfl-draft-offensive-tackle-prospect-from-georgia-visits-cincinnati-bengals/

Not sure if this ⬆️ will work or not but excellent article on Mims and the visit.

Sounds like if he is there, he's a Bengal

Not sure on that... smacks of Ogbuehi a bit. Has the tools, but also coming off of injury and he has less experience than Ced did. Exciting prospect but sounds like from what others have said/intimated, he needs reps and technique work. 402 snaps total is basically half a season. But I'm sure they are doing a lot of due diligence on him, as they should. 

I get the "ball of clay/you can mold him" stuff, and having Trent Brown at RT to start this season gives him time... but given Brown's injury history, tough to assume that he'll make it a full season without missing some time. so I'd be nervous with Mims starting games as a rookie. He's certainly athletic enough.

Anyway, maybe at #18, there will be other Ts available so they'll have a decision to make... or maybe they go DT or CB or WR. We'll know in a few weeks. 

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I like Jackson at NT

6'1" 326 lb roadblock..

He fits their need .

He's a 2-year captain and A&M has done a good job sending some good DL to the pros lately - Myles Garrett, Justin Madabuike, DeMarvin Leal, Michael Clemons. 
Def fits the NT profile. Between him and Mason Smith and some of the OL they've had in, looks like the trenches will be a point of emphasis. Not a surprise. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, texbengal said:

He's a 2-year captain and A&M has done a good job sending some good DL to the pros lately - Myles Garrett, Justin Madabuike, DeMarvin Leal, Michael Clemons. 
Def fits the NT profile. Between him and Mason Smith and some of the OL they've had in, looks like the trenches will be a point of emphasis. Not a surprise. 

They seem to like captains so he may be the pick

• Upvote 1

• BlackJesus changed the title to Draftable players the Bengals have met with
2 hours ago, Griever said:

Yep...I think the days of picking the smaller, perceived more "athletic" tackles are over for now. Think about Jonah, his measurements  we're 6'4", just over 300 lbs.

Compare that with Mims like you said...now we're talking absolute mountains at Tackle

Jonah should be playing G, that's his ideal position in the NFL. He's playing out of position at T as he's not strong enough to physically overpower the modern DE or big enough to make hard from them to go around or athletic enough to keep up with them. He would be a good G, but his ego will not allow him to play that position.

I hope he has success in AZ though, he was a warrior for the Bengals and gave it his all...

• Upvote 2