Schedule Release thread

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I don't understand how they can give an accurate gauge of the strength of the schedule based on the previous years' rosters. 

AFC North fans are already crying and think it's a conspiracy to put Shiesty in that Bayou Super Bowl ...

IMG_20240514_173214.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

AFC North fans are already crying and think it's a conspiracy to put Shiesty in that Bayou Super Bowl ...

IMG_20240514_173214.jpg

They are just insecure and know that when Burrow is healthy it's a problem for everyone else. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240514_173214.jpg

Are the people saying this so stupid they don't know that the team that in finished last gets a last place schedule the following year?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Griever said:

That's great if they hit the ground running.  They've had some slow starts, IDK if it's because they're afraid to take the bubble wrap off guys in the preseason or what but digging a hole early doesn't leave much breathing room.

53 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's great if they hit the ground running.  They've had some slow starts, IDK if it's because they're afraid to take the bubble wrap off guys in the preseason or what but digging a hole early doesn't leave much breathing room.

There may be multiple reasons for the slow starts, but number #1 with a bullet is the fact that Joe Burrow is 0-for4 when it comes to the month pf August. Covid, ACL knee surgery recovery, ruptured appendix, calf injury - no QB in the league has dealt with even half of the preseason shit Burrow has been through. It is beyond absurd at this point.

• Upvote 1

The slow starts are because Joe was recovering from something every year or there was covid and they couldn't have a camp.

Year 1 - Covid

Year 2 - Knee

Year 3 - Apondectomy 

Year 4 - Calve

If he gets a full camp I think we will be ok.

The assumption has been that Cincinnati will open the season in Paycor for week 1. From what has already leaked, 4 potential home opponents have already been eliminated as possibilities. The Ravens, Eagles, Browns, Stealers. So that leaves the following home opponents as viable options: for the opener:

Denver

Las Vegas

New England

Washington

2 minutes ago, dex said:

The assumption has been that Cincinnati will open the season in Paycor for week 1. From what has already leaked, 4 potential home opponents have already been eliminated as possibilities. The Ravens, Eagles, Browns, Stealers. So that leaves the following home opponents as viable options: for the opener:

Denver

Las Vegas

New England

Washington

Hadn’t it already been leaked that it’s New England…

…or did I just dream that!  :shrug: 

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Hadn’t it already been leaked that it’s New England…

…or did I just dream that!  :shrug: 

It was only considered very possible, certainly not confirmed by media the way some other openers have been. There is more speculation that the New England will be played in the first month, possibly week 1.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dex said:

It was only considered very possible, certainly not confirmed by media the way some other openers have been. There is more speculation that the New England will be played in the first month, possibly week 1.

How many losing seasons in a row will it take before the NFL accepts the Pats without Brady ain't shit?  Or are they now permanently in SB contention every year no matter how bad they actually are, like Dallas?

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

How many losing seasons in a row will it take before the NFL accepts the Pats without Brady ain't shit?  Or are they now permanently in SB contention every year no matter how bad they actually are, like Dallas?

Crazy how quick it happened, but they really are the Cowboys of the AFC

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Leaks are coming out.  Confirmed games are KC/BAL, GB/PHI, DAL/CLE, PIT/ATL and NYJ/SF.  Unconfirmed games include MIA/JAX, DEN/SEA, and LAR/DET.

I listed 4 possibilities for a home opener above. This would eliminate Denver from consideration leaving only Las Vegas, Washington and New England as options. I know there have been some rumors about the opponent being the Patriots, but my prediction is that it will be Washington at Paycor in week 1. Both the Browns and Stealers are playing NFC teams, I'm guessing the Bengals will too. The AFC North schedule often worked that way last season, at least roughly.