Marvin Jones out until week 5

Can a wide receiver come back that quick with a broken foot?

*disclosure* I left my medical degree in the car, but I'd think 8-12 weeks.  He could probably start running in a pool after 6 weeks or so.    If we have 3 more weeks of pre season, then 4 weeks of regular season I guess it would be possible.  That's all assuming it wasn't broken weeks ago and he's ahead of that schedule.  Also assuming I know what I'm talking about...which I don't, but it sounds good.

Yeah, I just asked Paul. His response:

@pauldehnerjr: @Jasonew6 He practiced Saturday. I have not heard that.

Yeah, it was in the camp report day 12 that he practiced Saturday also.

*disclosure* I left my medical degree in the car, but I'd think 8-12 weeks.  He could probably start running in a pool after 6 weeks or so.    If we have 3 more weeks of pre season, then 4 weeks of regular season I guess it would be possible.  That's all assuming it wasn't broken weeks ago and he's ahead of that schedule.  Also assuming I know what I'm talking about...which I don't, but it sounds good.

Haha. Thx. About what I would figure as well.

Are you sure? Link?

you already have your answer, but here:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2014/08/09/cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/13838707/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

There's been no inkling whatsoever that he was injured Saturday, and if he had a broken foot from working out in Dallas he never would have been activated in the first place.  There's also been video of him from before he was activated running and cutting at full speed.

A short history of Marvin Jones' injury as reported in the media...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/155096/marvin-jones

Jul 21 2014:  Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Marvin Jones tweaked his ankle while working out with Andy Dalton, landing on the team's Non-Football Injury list.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/133757/injured-bengals-wr-marvin-jones-is-close

August 2, 2014:  Injured Bengals WR Marvin Jones is 'close'

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2014/08/09/cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/13838707/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

August 9, 2014:  Wide receivers Marvin Jones and Ryan Whalen participated in 11 on 11 sessions for the first time in camp. …

Yea if true I don't really think we are that fine without him. We have to have him and Sanu aside from Green. 

I beg to differ.  It looks good on paper, but if Marvin Jones did go down for an extended time, I believe that we still have plenty of weapons for Dalton to use.  We still have AJ as the true number one,  we have Mo Sanu start outside as well as in the slot, where I think he works best,  We also have Gresham (if he ever gets his hands fixed) and Eifert, and we have Gio as a checkdown with Hill and BJGE as backups.

Just a little rearraging of resources until our other deep threat is ready to go.

Broken bones typically take 4-6 weeks to heal. I broke a bone in my foot a couple months ago, and I was able to jog on it after 4 weeks. Back to playing soccer after 5 1/2 to 6 weeks.

Broken bones typically take 4-6 weeks to heal. I broke a bone in my foot a couple months ago, and I was able to jog on it after 4 weeks. Back to playing soccer after 5 1/2 to 6 weeks.

I broke a couple of knuckles just before Memorial Day and while they're pretty much healed there's still some discomfort there when I make a fist.  It was about that 10/12-week period when the flexibility was pretty much back.  I didn't have a cast or a splint so I'm sure my healing was a little slower as I continued to use my hand more than I should have.

So it's not a break but a fracture that can also be diagnosed as a sprain, typical time for this injury to heal is 4-8 weeks. From what I've heard Jones will be out for 6 weeks. 

You don't have to believe me, I could really care less...I'm just telling you guys what I've been told. 

I'm not going to tell you my source because I don't want to stop the flow of info.

Archived