OSU/Michigan Thread

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386967' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:41 AM']BTW, i think michigan fans would sooner take solice in the 57-39-6 thing than the 1 extra hall of famer...[/quote]
BTW, its 24-24-2 in the last 50 years, and with 4 buckeye wins in the last 5 matchups... pretty much.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][b]Q &A BRANDON WILLIAMS[/b]
[size=5][b]Ex-Wolverine: OSU treatment’s not great[/b][/size]
Friday, November 17, 2006
Bill Rabinowitz
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Cornerback Brandon Williams, a member of the Cincinnati Bengals practice squad, played at Michigan from 1999 to 2002. He spoke with Bengals reporter Bill Rabinowitz about the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry.

[b]Q: What was your experience like playing in Columbus?

A:[/b] Every year, win or lose, they turn the hot water off. They turn the hot water off, the food never seems to make it to the stadium, there’s always an excuse. ‘Oh, there was a fire on Main Street, so the food didn’t make it.’ So you can either take a cold shower in 20-degree weather or just get on the bus and take a shower when you get home. I always took a shower at home. It was always an uncomfortable bus ride. Everybody’s dirty, but that’s how they do it.

[b]Q: What about the bombsniffing-dog episode?

A: [/b] They really do that. They had to come out and drop our bags, smell our bags.

[b]Q: How mad did that make you?

A:[/b] It just makes us ready for the game more. It was just like, they really hate y’all. They really hate us. It gets you ready. It gets you going.

[b]Q: Were there any other inconveniences?

A:[/b] At the hotel, every now and then the fire alarm will go off. The food is never good at the hotel.

[b]Q: Does all the misery add to the rivalry?

A:[/b] It makes it that much better. That’s why it’s the biggest rivalry in all of sports.

[b]Q: Just so you know, cars with Ohio license plates have been known to be egged in Ann Arbor.

A: [/b] (In Columbus) they probably would have stolen it. The way I hear they talk to our fans, I told my mom, ‘You’re not coming to this game.’ We had players whose parents got verbally abused. They say stuff to people’s moms. It’s funny, but I’m like, ‘Come on, man, to their moms?’ I had a witness to hear all that so they could see how big this rivalry really is.

Just those two colors anywhere, it looks like a conflict. Like if I see a picture with blue and yellow and then red and gray, it just doesn’t look right.

brabinowitz@dispatch.com[/quote]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/bengals/bengals.php?story=dispatch/2006/11/17/20061117-F5-04.html"]http://www.dispatch.com/bengals/bengals.ph...1117-F5-04.html[/url]

[quote name='Ben' post='386484' date='Nov 14 2006, 02:45 PM']Q. What do you call a football player in Michigan who has talent?
A. An Ohio product[/quote]
Funny, but true.

Buckeye Roster = [url="http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/osu-m-footbl-mtt-num.html"]http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m...bl-mtt-num.html[/url]
Michiganders playing for Ohio State: 2 (Aaron Gant, Vernon Gholston)
Ohioans playing for Ohio State: 82
Ratio: 41:1 Ohio

Wolverine Roster = [url="http://www.mgoblue.com/roster.cfm?section_id=258&top=2&level=3"]http://www.mgoblue.com/roster.cfm?section_...p=2&level=3[/url]
Ohioans playing for Michigan: 12 (Shawn Crable, Prescott Burgess, Willis Barringer, Brandon Harrison, Mister Simpson, Cobrani Mixon, Zoltan Mesko, Bryan Wright, Mark Bihl, Justin Boren, Mike Massey, Mario Manningham)
Michiganders playing for Michigan: 46
Ratio: <4:1 Michigan

Funny, most of those Ohio ex-patriates look like players who would have difficulty getting any significant playing time in Scarlet and Grey. And what's with some of those first names... Mister, Cobrani, Zoltan?

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='386499' date='Nov 14 2006, 01:56 PM']if you're from cincinnati and you root for OSU and not UC then you suck.[/quote]

UC Football never did anything to earn my loyalty away from OSU. Blame my grandfather that I am an OSU fan, I got it from him.

Guest BengalsOwn

Where's everybody going to be watching the game at? Me and some buddies are meeting at TJ Chumps in Miamisburg around noon tomorrow :headbang:

Lots of beer will be consumed.

Guest BengalBacker

Great article at espn

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2665659"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2665659[/url]

Woody Hayes was hilarious.

In a deranged sort of way. :)

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='388437' date='Nov 18 2006, 12:16 AM']Where's everybody going to be watching the game at? Me and some buddies are meeting at TJ Chumps in [b]Miamisburg[/b] around noon tomorrow :headbang:

Lots of beer will be consumed.[/quote]

I dated a girl from there, she was insane.

We used to have sex all the time behind Danbury Movie Theater. :headbang:

(Hey, I was 17)

Both teams are evenly matched up, but I think Ohio State wins because of homefield advantage.

OSU --- Mich
X --- QB --- Smith is clearly the better QB

X --- RB --- Hart and Pittman are similar players, but Michigan does not have the depth that OSU has.

X --- WR --- Ginn and Gonzalez are one of the best duos in college, and Robiskie is a future stud.

--- OL --- X Michigan's Jake Long may be the best tackle in the nation.

--- DL --- X Branch and Woodley are the best players at their positions in the NCAA, and you can't argue with their unit's productions (#1 against the run)

--- LB --- X The Buckeye's linebackers are young, but have a ton of potential. Michigan starts 2 Seniors, and are a huge part of the #1 run defense.

--- DB --- X Leon Hall is a top 10 pick, and the best defensive back in college football.

X --- Coach --- Tressel is the man.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='388507' date='Nov 18 2006, 10:35 AM']--- OL --- X Michigan's Jake Long may be the best tackle in the nation.
--- DL --- X Branch and Woodley are the best players at their positions in the NCAA, and you can't argue with their unit's productions (#1 against the run)[/quote]

I hope we get that defensive tackle from Michigan. The one who is 6-6 and weighs like 350.

[quote name='GruntRobinson8' post='388522' date='Nov 18 2006, 11:28 AM']I hope we get that defensive tackle from Michigan. The one who is 6-6 and weighs like 350.[/quote]

i cant imagine a scenario where this could actually occur. we unfortunetly gave willie more money to stick around, and levi just got a nice big contract, and we have andrews who is a beast as well. your talking a top two round pick for that guy, and frankly i think a LB will be our player of choice again next draft.. we relaly need a 3rd rounder from somewhere...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='388530' date='Nov 18 2006, 11:45 AM']i cant imagine a scenario where this could actually occur. we unfortunetly gave willie more money to stick around, and levi just got a nice big contract, and we have andrews who is a beast as well. your talking a top two round pick for that guy, and frankly i think a LB will be our player of choice again next draft.. we relaly need a 3rd rounder from somewhere...[/quote]
Branch is a defensive tackle ;)

A top 10 pick too, and I don't think we will pick that high.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='388535' date='Nov 18 2006, 11:55 AM']Branch is a defensive tackle ;)

A top 10 pick too, and I don't think we will pick that high.[/quote]

ah, i read the post about the o line and they were on tv talking abot the Mich o line and it all went into a blur..

carry on.. :wave:

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='388550' date='Nov 18 2006, 12:42 PM']Out of curiosity, anybody else completely indifferent about this game?[/quote]

Im slightly above indifferent. I want OSU to win, and will watch but it wolnt be as tough to take as a bengals loss. If they win great, but I wolnt be running around my basement screaming my head off.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='388566' date='Nov 18 2006, 12:15 PM']i hate both teams, but GO MICHIGAN! [b]they have less bandwagon fags.[/b][/quote]

Where`s the statistics to prove this ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, even IF that WERE true, that`s a stupid reason.
Because using that logic, WHEN the Bengals win the Super Bowl,
you`ll have to start hating them and start rooting for the Clowns...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='388563' date='Nov 18 2006, 06:10 PM']If they win great, but I wolnt be running around my basement screaming my head off.[/quote]
I will be doing enough of this for both of us either way. This game determines my mood for an entire year. And it looks like it's going to be another good year for me!!! :headbang: :headbang:
[size=7][color="#CC0000"]
GO BUCKS!!![/color][/size]

Archived