Dusty Baker Hired To A 3 Year Deal!

mroby85

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='568403' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:58 AM']i cant even put into words just how disappointed i am with this decision.

additionally, there was absolutely no reason to make this decision now.[/quote]

I'm not going to say I'm disappointed at the decision ,but yeah I agree,they should have and could have taken a little more time to be sure.

[quote name='sneaky' post='568230' date='Oct 13 2007, 11:34 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Hell yeah, take that you racists.[/b][/color]

:lol:
:bek081:[/quote]

Racists?

After Dusty Baker's comments about white players not being able to stand the heat on the field like colored players can, I would say that would qualify him as a racists. If a white manager or coach would have made a similiar comment compairing players based solely on ethnicity, he would have been fired on the spot and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have set up shop outside their stadium.

So lay off playing the race card, because people don't want Dusty Baker as a manager. Since you and other didn't want Torre or Giradi does that mean that you are anti-Italian American? Who knows, and it doesn't matter. But you don't see any Italians coming out with something as ridiculous as being ethnocentric or racist.

Its not like anyone has come out and made a comment about Marge Schott turning over in her grave because of the hiring, just that they don't happen to think Baker is the answer to turning the Reds around.

[quote name='Captain Awesome' post='569117' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:00 PM']Racists?

After Dusty Baker's comments about white players not being able to stand the heat on the field like colored players can, I would say that would qualify him as a racists. If a white manager or coach would have made a similiar comment compairing players based solely on ethnicity, he would have been fired on the spot and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have set up shop outside their stadium.

So lay off playing the race card, because people don't want Dusty Baker as a manager. Since you and other didn't want Torre or Giradi does that mean that you are anti-Italian American? Who knows, and it doesn't matter. But you don't see any Italians coming out with something as ridiculous as being ethnocentric or racist.

Its not like anyone has come out and made a comment about Marge Schott turning over in her grave because of the hiring, just that they don't happen to think Baker is the answer to turning the Reds around.[/quote]

it was a joke, wow.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='569342' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:43 PM']that was a mother fucking catch how the fuck is that not a catch?[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='569480' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:07 PM']im so fucking pissed i posted in the wrong thread and wrong part of the fuckin message board. fuck these refs, tehy can go to hell.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Captain Awesome' post='569117' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:00 PM']Racists?

Its not like anyone has come out and made a comment about Marge Schott turning over in her grave because of the hiring, just that they don't happen to think Baker is the answer to turning the Reds around.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dear Captain Awesome,

Obviously you have not seen a lot of my posts and you are not familiar with my warped
humor. I pretty much call everybody racists all the time, I assume that most people around
here know that I am joking.....obviously you didn't.

That's unfortunate, because you had a really good post there..........

Anyway, as far as Dusty Baker is concerned, I just found it humorous that there was a thread
about not wanting him to be hired because he sucked only to have him hired just a couple
of days later. I called everyone a racist in that thread too.

As I have mentioned, I really don't follow baseball so I really don't know why the Reds suck
but I just know they suck. And I don't think much will change with Dusty or anybody else at
the helm until the owner decides to raise the payroll and buy some quality pitching.

Also, I don't have a problem with Italians...especially Sicilians because they are all 1/16
egg plant. I do however have a problem with those fuckin' Dominicans.................. :ninja:

[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='568241' date='Oct 13 2007, 11:44 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Come on people,[b] I dont follow the Reds much [/b]but I knew it was unrealistic
to expect somebody like a Tony LaRussa, Joe Torre or even a Joe Girardi.

This is the "biggest name" the Reds could have gotten to come here.

And when you really think about it, does it really matter who the manager is?

[b]The Reds' farm system sucks, the GM sucks and the team will never have the
payroll to compete with the "big boys".[/b]

Expect the worst and hope for the best.[/b][/color][/quote]
:mellow:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='568544' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:18 PM']he loves veterans. you really think so?[/quote]

[quote]Anybody who gets him is lucky," Aurilia said.

Baker has the label of a player's manager. But it goes beyond that.

"Having Dusty is like having another player," Aurilia said. "He'd go out and play if he could. He's great to play for. He's a player's guy."

"As long as you play hard and show up on time, you're all right with Dusty. His thing is: Play hard, play the right way."

Aurilia said Baker's attention to players goes beyond the field.

"He has that personal touch," Aurilia said. "He gets to know the players off the field."[/quote]

Wilbon on the Washington Post's online discussion...

[quote][b]Cincinnati[/b]: Off the top of my head, I can't think of any World Series-title-less managers going to their third teams who have succeeded. Dusty Baker is a great pick by the Reds in my book, but what are the chances he can make it work here? Fans are surprisingly negative about this hire so far, so much so that local columnists already are asking for patience. Your take?

[b]Michael Wilbon[/b]: I'm not a Dusty Baker guy because I believe he ruined the Cubs, both with his mishandling of the pitching (Wood and Prior) and because he's a whiner who blames others before looking inward. He let that club whine its way out of contention in 2004. But...it's also true he's got a pretty darn good track record and has earned this chance to manage the Reds. I don't see why he'd want to, really, other than these jobs are precious and few...But the Reds never hires from outside, until now...Like anything else, if he wins they'll get amnesia; if he loses they'll run him out of town.[/quote]

Who else did we stand a chance of getting?? Really?

Dusty is at least a big enough "name" that we might get a few of the free agents who are waivering about signing. Assuming of course the owners actually bother to sign anything but 7 or 8 ERA middle-relievers.

Works for me. Managers are over-rated anyway. Players on the field are the key.
VB

[quote name='CTA513' post='568233' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:37 AM']ESPN just reported that several Reds pitchers are complaining about having sore arms after hearing the news.[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Jason' post='568363' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:29 PM'][size=5][b]What were they thinking?????[/b][/size][/quote]
x2 <_<

[quote name='Actium' post='570398' date='Oct 15 2007, 04:01 PM']Well, now Harang's arm will fall off.

-_-[/quote]
:P

A stupid choice designed to bring idiots into the seats @ GABP who don't know shit about the game, but have heard the name Dusty Baker before, and will expect good things from a "big name" manager...

I have ZERO expectations for this to work. Hope to hell I am proven wrong.

I guess that I don't see where all the negativity is coming from.

1) He did NOT ruin Woods or Prior. My wife is a diehard Cubs fan so I am VERY familiar with what Dusty did there. Prior & Woods both had HORRID mechanics and were injuries waiting to happen. What did them in was the pitching coach... if they would've addressed the mechanics, both of those guys could still be pitching at a high level. As it was, they didn't want to "mess with their mechanics" so as not to ruin their effectiveness.

Guess that didn't work out too well.

2) If he can handle the ego of Steroid Sue Bonds and get the most out of him, and the Giants teams, then I see it as a POSITIVE that he's coming here. Maybe he can get that last "moster year" out of Junior... and make Dunn play at least adequate defense.

3) Jason Schmidt was never better than when he pitched for Dusty, and Brantly speaks highly of him... htat's a plus as far as I'm concerned.

4) He KNOWS baseball... although I hated him when he was a Dodger (HOCK...SPIT) in the 70's. He knows how it SHOULD be played... unlike Narron and the other nepotistic managers we've run through here to keep costs down these past 20 years.

Damn guys... if you were willing to give Mackanin a chance, then you should be willing to give Dusty until at least July to see if the team responds.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='570731' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:46 PM']sweet .22 you got there mang, you plannin on takin out some coke bottles or somethin?[/quote]

Uh...ahem...so Nati Ice....maybe you didn't notice this, but Deebo goes 187 on his muthafukkin' enemies....I'm sure you didn't mean it, hehe, just a big misunderstanding.

[quote name='Tha Muthaphukkin Truth' post='570722' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:42 PM']HaHa...I Bet Y'all Racist Faggot Azz Bologna Smellin Honkeyz Iz Mad @ Diz!!![/quote]

I'm sorry... I don't believe we've met.... Mr. Muthphukkin Truth.

I'm USNBENGAL, I've been in 47 different countries in this world, can speak a few sentences in a couple of languages, but I don't understand a word of what you're trying to say.

Is that eubonics? Street Speak? Slang for ignorant bitches? It doesn't make you tough, give you street cred, or impress anyone. It makes you look like an uneducated moron.

Can you try english?

Whatever the hell it is that you ARE speaking, it makes you look like an ignorant fucking idiot.

Nice to meet you by the way, have a great day.

Archived