Per Lance's show - Brooks accused of assult

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661983' date='May 1 2008, 06:40 PM']In VA you dont need them to even want to press charges, if there is physical evidence of an assult your getting arrested. Thats why I asked.
....[/quote]
Yeah, every episode of 'Cops' I've ever seen was like that. If ANY physical evidence existed someone is going to jail regardless of 'wanting to press charges' or not. If I'm not mistaken physical evidence can even be a broken lamp or whatever, didn't even have to be physical evidence on a person. This is surely to combat the many domestic dispute cases where wives (or husbands) are afraid to press charges against husbands (or wives) and then end up getting hurt after cops leave. I assumed it was like that in every state. If true in Kentucky, that does make this case look a little weak for the 'victim'.

[quote name='esjbh2' post='661996' date='May 1 2008, 07:14 PM']Yeah, every episode of 'Cops' I've ever seen was like that. If ANY physical evidence existed someone is going to jail regardless of 'wanting to press charges' or not. If I'm not mistaken physical evidence can even be a broken lamp or whatever, didn't even have to be physical evidence on a person. This is surely to combat the many domestic dispute cases where wives (or husbands) are afraid to press charges against husbands (or wives) and then end up getting hurt after cops leave. I assumed it was like that in every state. If true in Kentucky, that does make this case look a little weak for the 'victim'.[/quote]
In Ohio if it's a domestic violence it doesn't matter if they want to press charges or not, they go to jail. Assault is a completely different matter. They have to want to press charges.

In ky police can not make an arrest for assault 4th unless we see it happen or its a domestic situation. If 2 men or weomen are fighting, and one gets a black eye, police come, if they are not related IE domestic relation, brother sister, husband wife, then its up to the victim to file charges and no one gets arrested. I heard this from rudi 32

In KY a police officer can make an arrest any time there is a warrant. If there isn't a warrant then the arrest can be made for any felony or misdemeanor if it is committed in his presence. Again without a warrant if the officer has probable cause to believe a person has committed a felony, however when a misdemeanor is committed outside the presence of an officer the officer cannot make an arrest without a warrant.

The exception to the misdemeanor arrest rule outside the presence of officer is a domestic violence case. Then the officer just needs probable cause to make an arrest for a domestic violence assault/battery. (There is also an exception for DUI, but since that isn't the case I didn't feel the need to bring it up.)

Evidently the assult/battery that Brooks is accused of is not severe enough to be a felony.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661896' date='May 2 2008, 06:11 AM']so he was arguing with a guy and decided to punch the neighbor instead? Sure, that makes sense.[/quote]

yup.
[quote name='BengalUprising9' post='661897' date='May 2 2008, 06:11 AM']If this is true then he should be let go. However, normally when somebody is knocked unconscious, they don't later get up and suffer no injuries. This story sounds a little weird. Unless somebody saw it, I bet she has a tough time proving any of this to be true. That said if he did something this stupid then I would have no problem letting him go.[/quote]

yup
[quote name='fredtoast' post='661899' date='May 2 2008, 06:14 AM']This is total BS. Look at the date is was supposed to have happened, APRIL 9. If she called 911 that day then an officer would have investigated. If he had seen any sign of an assault i.e. a black eye then a warrant would have issued immediately.

This is abig pile of nothing.[/quote]

yup
[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='661934' date='May 2 2008, 06:56 AM']Look at the bright side...he didn't hurt his groin during an apparent physical activity. In my book that's progress.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[quote name='KoKaine7777' post='661967' date='May 2 2008, 07:52 AM']:lmao: :lmao: good thing it wasn't the right eye. anyway we shall see how this plays out.

Chad Johnson isn't punching anyone in their left eye.[/quote]
Chad would never be stupid enough to hit anyone, because his pussy ass would get the shit kicked out of him. He learned that fetal position he makes after every catch for a reason you know ;)

I don't know how accurate the article is, but I do not see him on the Docket for Boone County Circuit Court for June 6th.

[url="http://apps.kycourts.net/dockets/Doc...tDate=6/6/2008"]http://apps.kycourts.net/dockets/Doc...tDate=6/6/2008[/url]

and then when I search the court records for Brooks nothing comes up....

[url="http://apps.kycourts.net/CourtRecords/"]http://apps.kycourts.net/CourtRecords/[/url]

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='662007' date='May 1 2008, 07:37 PM']I don't know how accurate the article is, but I do not see him on the Docket for Boone County Circuit Court for June 6th.

[url="http://apps.kycourts.net/dockets/Doc...tDate=6/6/2008"]http://apps.kycourts.net/dockets/Doc...tDate=6/6/2008[/url]

and then when I search the court records for Brooks nothing comes up....

[url="http://apps.kycourts.net/CourtRecords/"]http://apps.kycourts.net/CourtRecords/[/url][/quote]

:hmm:

[quote name='Cricket' post='661976' date='May 1 2008, 06:32 PM']...did she follow up the hit with a [b]"Can you hear me now?"[/b] ???

:ninja:

....sorry, couldn't resist.[/quote]

:lol:
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661983' date='May 1 2008, 06:40 PM']In VA you dont need them to even want to press charges, if there is physical evidence of an assult your getting arrested. Thats why I asked.

Hopefully.

Sorry Phat but that is damned funny. :lol:[/quote]

:P

[quote name='top6' post='661995' date='May 1 2008, 07:14 PM']So in a post about an NFL linebacker punching a woman in the face, it was that post that pissed you off?[/quote]
If you're looking to start trouble.... look somewhere else junior.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661961' date='May 1 2008, 05:39 PM']being ok with having thugs on the team, and being choosing to not be naive enough to think that someone can grow up after making a mistake are two separate things.

Neither Shirley nor Urrutia have gotten in trouble as members of the Bengals. [b]Until that changes, they should have the benefit of the doubt that they have matured.[/b]

It's incredibly foolish and, well rude, to assume that someone you've never met is a "thug" because of something they've done in their past, and to assume that they couldn't have changed for the better since it happened.[/quote]

Yeah, that philosophy has worked well for the past few years.

[quote name='Jason' post='662040' date='May 1 2008, 08:21 PM']Yeah, that philosophy has worked well for the past few years.[/quote]

talking about the fans, not the coaches. The coaches have the resources to investigate what exactly happened and make their own judgements. The fans don't.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='662043' date='May 1 2008, 08:25 PM']talking about the fans, not the coaches. The coaches have the resources to investigate what exactly happened and make their own judgements. The fans don't.[/quote]

players the Bengals have taken a chance on lately

AJ Nicholson
Chris Henry
Chad Johnson
Corey Dillon
Ahmad Brooks
Odell Thurmon
Jason Shirley
Mario Urritia
Kyries Hebert

I feel like the Bengals are like the guy who touches the hot plate once then recoils because its hot but then touches it again 5 seconds later. Stop taking these idiots with rap sheets or that have been kicked out of school or who already have the selfish tag!

I've been reading for years. Sad this is my first post. However, why is the timing of the statement significant? The woman called 911 immediately. The police came and investigated. The state decided what the charges would be. The statement was probably just given because that's when the prosecutor asked her to come in and give it as he prepared for the June hearing.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='662039' date='May 1 2008, 09:14 PM']Pretty pathetic. Internet tough guy.

His refusal to even answer the question shows how COMPLETELY MISPLACED his outrage is.[/quote]

Internet tough guy? :lol:

Then I guess that makes you an internet retard.

If you and top6 want to try to make something out of nothing, then you're even dumber than you normally appear.
I'm sorry if you and top6 aren't smart enough to realize that I was referring to globetrotter once again attempting to impose HIS reality on the rest of this board, and even with his response pointing out exactly what I/he was referring to... you two obviously didn't have the mental firepower to comprehend.

It's sad that an IQ above the Forest Gump level is not required to post on the internet.

Then for you two mental midgets to make the reach that "instead of being upset about a man allegedly punching a woman, I'm outraged at globetrotter instead" is one of the most absolutely ridiculous things I've seen on here. It's amazing how fools jump to asinine conclusions based on nothing, then want to try and start something.

Got news for you two fucking dimwits... if I think something, I come right out and say it. I don't hide behind innuendos and repartee... I come right out and state how I feel, what I think, and ask questions about where/why people say/feel what they do... as evidenced earlier in this thread when I asked the idiot globetrotter why he was wrongly judging this board.

BUT NO... not you pious wonders of the world! Common sense doesn't apply for you twats!
You two poster children for retro-active abortion probably didn't even bother to READ what was posted... you just saw half a post/conversation and want to freak out.

As a matter of fact, I''m an advocate for abuse... I feel that idiots on message boards who don't have the intelligence of a dead starfish should be beaten twice daily.

You, top6, and globetrotter should report for your beatings immediately.

asshats...

I think the whole thing doesn't make sense....

But if he REALLY punched some random woman in front of her children simply because she asked him to take it somewhere else (or for any reason tbh), then he needs to go.

The complete lack of restraint, decency and plain old common sense is mind boggling if this is true.

[quote name='Snowdog' post='662159' date='May 2 2008, 05:31 AM']I've been reading for years. Sad this is my first post. However, why is the timing of the statement significant? The woman called 911 immediately. The police came and investigated. The state decided what the charges would be. The statement was probably just given because that's when the prosecutor asked her to come in and give it as he prepared for the June hearing.[/quote]

Someone can probalbly answer this better, but the timing is important because it points to the amount of evidence. Basically the evidence in this matter is going to come down to a he said she said type thing.

I believe the state isn't bringing charges, it's a complaint being filled out by the woman. The court date is to decide if there is anything worth while to continue, I believe.

If the police investigated and if there was strong evidence he would have been arrested by now and the state would be bringing the charges vs needing a complaint to be filed.

I guess. Just going off the lessons learned during the Thurman Summer Party. I'd look for it to be dropped for unsaid reasons ($$$$$$) by the court date.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='662104' date='May 1 2008, 10:04 PM']players the Bengals have taken a chance on lately

AJ Nicholson
Chris Henry
Chad Johnson
Corey Dillon
Ahmad Brooks
Odell Thurmon
Jason Shirley
Mario Urritia
Kyries Hebert

I feel like the Bengals are like the guy who touches the hot plate once then recoils because its hot but then touches it again 5 seconds later. Stop taking these idiots with rap sheets or that have been kicked out of school or who already have the selfish tag![/quote]

When are you going to realize that they will not stop taking players with questionable character?
resign yourself to the fact that they will take the chance if the player has talent...

[quote name='Lucid' post='662161' date='May 2 2008, 06:05 AM']I think the whole thing doesn't make sense....

But if he REALLY punched some random woman in front of her children simply because she asked him to take it somewhere else (or for any reason tbh), then he needs to go.

The complete lack of restraint, decency and plain old common sense is mind boggling if this is true.[/quote]

And then Pittsburgh picks him up, this story is a wash, and he dominates for years. This stuff has gone beyond pissing me off and is not just tiring. I think that's the best word to describe all of this crap, tiring. But for a guy who has been totally under the radar when it comes to this stuff you have to at least what and see how this thing pans out.

Archived