24" monitor for graphic design

Who on earth would say Carson is the best Bengals QB ever? After he leads the Bengals to a super bowl and is NFL MVP then maybe that claim could be made. Heck, if you're going to make projections off a small sample, throw Greg Cook into the discussion.

My view is that Anderson is clearly the most accomplished Bengals QB.

Anderson and Boomer have fairly similar numbers lifetime but Kenny did all of his work here plus he had a better winning percentage so I would have to go with him.

Still, there must still be some cameramen out there who have nightmares of trying to figure out where the football was when Boomer did conducted some of his incredible play action passing. He was simply a master at it.

Carson? Bump this post in 5 years and we can talk about him, still too early.

[quote name='sparky151' post='741616' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:55 PM']Who on earth would say Carson is the best Bengals QB ever? After he leads the Bengals to a super bowl and is NFL MVP then maybe that claim could be made. Heck, if you're going to make projections off a small sample, throw Greg Cook into the discussion.

My view is that Anderson is clearly the most accomplished Bengals QB.[/quote]

Ken is absolutely the most accomplished Bengals QB.

Who is "best" depends on how you want to define best.

Best statistically, then it would still be Anderson.

Most talented, then Carson has to be in the discussion.

Rather difficult to figure out. Ken and Boomer are both retired, while Carson still has many years left. Ken and Boomer, for the most part, did their work on Paul Brown crafted teams... Carson hasn't. :)

If I look at the history books, I say Ken was the best Bengals quarterback.

If I'm building an all-time team filled with Bengals in their prime, without hesitation, I put Carson on the field.

Statistically, it's Anderson, no debate.

As for leadership, persona, and fire combined with results, Boomer is a close 1A.

The only consideration that Carson would garner would be purely based on physical stature, arm strength and the long ball. He is not the winner nor the leader that Boomer was and not as steady nor the tactician that Anderson was.

If Carson keeps getting hurt and missing games, will he start being mentioned in Ki-Jana conversations?

[quote name='Harley' post='741703' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:14 PM']Statistically, it's Anderson, no debate.

As for leadership, persona, and fire combined with results, Boomer is a close 1A.

The only consideration that Carson would garner would be purely based on physical stature, arm strength and the long ball. He is not the winner nor the leader that Boomer was and not as steady nor the tactician that Anderson was.

If Carson keeps getting hurt and missing games, will he start being mentioned in Ki-Jana conversations?[/quote]

You had to bring Ki-Jana up did you? AH that is wrong :)

sports commentators/writers always went on about Montana's leadership and skill under pressure. I always thought that Boomer's was a bit better and he did more with a slightly lesser team.

Boomer was the best field general from that era.

but one can't play the what if game: if he'd played the same amount of years, blah blah blah. Ask Ken Griffey about his projected stats when leaving Seatle.

I agree with Sparky151, Ken is the most accomplished Bengal QB.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='741707' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:27 PM']heard this posed the other day:

who gets into the hall of fame first, Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason?[/quote]

Anderson, hands down.

MVP

Super Bowl

One of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

The original "West Coast QB".

Still holds the NFL record for highest completion percentage for a season.

Set NFL record for most consecutive completions (22 I believe) which was subsequently broken by Montana.

Boomer may have been more of a General and did have the greatest play-action fake in NFL history, but Anderson is still more Hall-worthy...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='741707' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:27 PM']heard this posed the other day:

who gets into the hall of fame first, Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason?[/quote]

Sad to say, I do not think either one is getting in.

[quote name='Harley' post='741703' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:14 PM']Statistically, it's Anderson, no debate.

If Carson keeps getting hurt and missing games, will he start being mentioned in Ki-Jana conversations?[/quote]

Say what? Ki Jana Carter? What?

I must of missed where Carter made two pro bowls and actually led the team to a division championship.

Injuries suck, but let's not get crazy.

[quote name='sparky151' post='741616' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:55 PM']Who on earth would say Carson is the best Bengals QB ever? After he leads the Bengals to a super bowl and is NFL MVP then maybe that claim could be made. Heck, if you're going to make projections off a small sample, throw Greg Cook into the discussion.

My view is that Anderson is clearly the most accomplished Bengals QB.[/quote]

X2

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='741654' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:06 AM']Wish Carson had Boomer's fire. I think at the end of his career Carson will be the best.[/quote]

Kenny most probably is the best so far. But I agree with Beaverhunter here. Boomer
had some serious fire and there was no doubt who the "General" was when was on the
field. Not too mention he was probably Top 5 all time hiding the ball on the fake hand
off or play fake whatever you wanna call it. I also recall a time once where a DT hit him
late and he jumped up and grabbed the dude by the face mask and jerked his face right
into his own face and started talkin shit, letting the guy know that shit dont fly.

I wish Carson had Boomer's leadership skills for sure. Marino was another one that wasnt
afraid to call WR's out either when they fucked up.

Carson Palmer doesn't belong in any conversation concerning best Bengals QB of all time. He's led us to 1, I repeat 1 playoff game and hasn't accomplished shit since. Have their been circumstances that have prevented that? Yes, of course. Does he have the potential to be the best Bengals QB ever? Yes, he surely does. But as it stands right now the conversation should be held to #7 and #14. I'd find it hard to root against Boomer on this one since I really started getting involved during his era. To me Boomer will always be the man. But I can't discount Kenny Anderson at all.
MULLY

[quote name='Jason' post='741746' date='Jan 22 2009, 04:14 PM']You think the 1975 team was better than the 1988 team?[/quote]

I think you can argue the 75 team was the best they ever had. The lack of an AFC Championship and Superbowl appearance drops them off bengal fan radars but they had to go through one of the absolute best teams ever while they were in their prime of course it's the Steel Curtain.

Archived