Question for Bengals Fans...

Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

[B][I]Who is a former Bengals player that you want fans of other teams to know about?[/I][/B]

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"

[quote name='EmDiggy' date='21 March 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1269193094' post='871949']
Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

[b][i]Who is a former Bengals player that you want fans of other teams to know about?[/i][/b]

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"
[/quote]

1. Kenny Anderson--he should be in the Hall of Fame.
2. Ken Riley - ditto.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' date='21 March 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1269195028' post='871952']
1. Kenny Anderson--he should be in the Hall of Fame.
2. Ken Riley - ditto.
[/quote]

add Isaac Curtis.
When I see jack offs like Ms. Lynn Swan in the Hall of Fame and not
Isaac it just makes a sham of the whole place to me.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='21 March 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1269199416' post='871958']
Yeah

Ken Anderson
Issac Curtis
James Brooks

[b]and even though he was only a Bengal for a year ... Coy Bacon[/b]
[/quote]
I think it was two years and yes everyone should know about Coy Bacon !

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='21 March 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1269201426' post='871964']
You plan to do a show?

Who the hell are you? You work for a tv station?
[/quote]

LOL!! I don't work for a TV station.. But I do my own thing.. I'm CEO/Founder & Analyst for Football Gameplan.. I have a youtube channel.

www.youtube.com/footballgameplan

I agree with the list so far, but you also have to throw LeMar Parrish in the mix.

The reason Riley got 65 interceptions is because [b]no one[/b] dared throw to Parrish's side. He was the epitome of the shutdown corner, and one hell of a kick returner as well.

He was Deion before Deion...

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 March 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1269199517' post='871960']
As far as current guys go, Peko, Whitworth and Hall/Joseph don't get nearly enough love outside of Cincinnati.
[/quote]

Dont disagree with this except that the topic he's going for is "the hall of the very good". ;)

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='21 March 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1269209008' post='871995']
Dont disagree with this except that the topic he's going for is "the hall of the very good". ;)
[/quote]

I know, and I took a different approach. Others had the old-timers covered. All deserve to be in the hall of very good. He didn't say hall of very good all time. ;)

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 March 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1269210646' post='872005']
I know, and I took a different approach. Others had the old-timers covered. All deserve to be in the hall of very good. He didn't say hall of very good all time. ;)
[/quote]

Isnt that what a hall of anything is for? :blink:

[quote name='Elflocko' date='21 March 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1269204059' post='871969']
I agree with the list so far, but you also have to throw LeMar Parrish in the mix.

The reason Riley got 65 interceptions is because [b]no one[/b] dared throw to Parrish's side. He was the epitome of the shutdown corner, and one hell of a kick returner as well.

He was Deion before Deion...
[/quote]

TRUTH!!!

Parrish got into a little trouble with drugs after he retired, so his name pretty much got erased from HOF discussion. But just look at his resume

1. League Defensive Rookie of the Year
2. Eight time pro Bowler
3. Has the highest single-season punt return average over the last 40 years (18.8 in 1974).
4. Forty-seven career interceptions.
5. Retired holding the career record for return tds (13). He is still in 3rd place behind only Dein Sanders and Rod woodson.

kenny Anderson needs to be the next bengal in the HOF, but a lot of people out there think the same way. Parrish should be the next Bengal to make it and no one even mentions his name.

[quote name='EmDiggy' date='21 March 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1269203439' post='871968']
LOL!! I don't work for a TV station.. But I do my own thing.. I'm CEO/Founder & Analyst for Football Gameplan.. I have a youtube channel.

www.youtube.com/footballgameplan
[/quote]

Sorry, I get my youtube sports from only one source.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlyFox4569

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='22 March 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1269244650' post='872046']
Sorry, I get my youtube sports from only one source.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlyFox4569
[/quote]

Cool Channel Homie! Keep up the Good work!

Archived