*** WHY CANT EVERYONE PLAY NICE? ***

[quote][img]http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/2500/Local-Idiot-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg[/img]
[u][b][size="5"]Local Idiot To Post Comment On Internet[/size]
August 6, 2008 [/b] [/u]

HAZEL PARK, MI — In a statement made to reporters earlier this afternoon, local idiot Brandon Mylenek, 26, announced that at approximately 2:30 a.m. tonight, he plans to post an idiotic comment beneath a video on an Internet website.

"Later this evening, I intend to watch the video in question, click the 'reply' link above the box reserved for user comments, and draft a response, being careful to put as little thought into it as possible, while making sure to use all capital letters and incorrect punctuation," Mylenek said. "Although I do not yet know exactly what my comment will entail, I can say with a great degree of certainty that it will be incredibly stupid."

Mylenek, who rarely in his life has been capable of formulating an idea or opinion worth the amount of oxygen required to express it, went on to guarantee that the text of his comment would be misspelled to the point of incomprehension, that it would defy the laws of both logic and grammar, and that it would allege that several elements of the video are homosexual in nature.

"The result will be an astonishing combination of ignorance, offensiveness, and sheer idiocy," Mylenek said.

According to the idiot, he will become incensed at the quality and sentiment of the comments already posted below the video—which will include such replies as "not great, nice try tho," "FIRSTIES!!!" and "wtf?? lol so random." At this point, Mylenek said, he will feel a deep, unwavering desire to offer a dissenting opinion, which he has hinted will include the words "gay" and "reatrd" [sic].

"It is my moral obligation to alert the Internet community to the fact that this video is totally gay, and furthermore, that the individual who made it is a fag," Mylenek said.

Pressed for further details regarding his intended post, Mylenek, who will comment under the Internet pseudonym "xblingdaddy2005x," revealed that there is a strong possibility he will inadvertently post the comment twice.

"After clicking the 'submit' button, I will immediately refresh the page so that I can view my own comment. I will then notice that my comment has not appeared because the server has not yet processed my request, become angry and confused, and re-post the same comment with unintentional variations on the original wording and misspellings, creating two slightly different yet equally moronic comments," he said. "It is my hope that this will illustrate both my childlike level of impatience and my inability to replicate a simple string of letters and symbols 30 seconds after having composed it."

Mylenek confirmed rumors that he will be momentarily sidetracked by another inane task while drafting his comment. The distraction is scheduled to come at 2:25 a.m. in the form of a "related video" link featuring a man being sodomized by a horse, which Mylenek will re-watch seven times and laugh obnoxiously at with his friend and fellow idiot, Steve Blanchette, 28.

"Once this minor diversion is complete, I will finish posting my comment, then sit there like the worthless human being I am and wait for other commenters to respond," he added. "Because, as I mentioned before, I have nothing better to do with my life."

Mylenek said he fully expects that his comment will spawn a series of replies from other idiots around the world, who will either agree with his stance, disagree with his stance, or call Mylenek himself a "d0uche" and post an irrelevant link to a separate video that they will claim to be "way funnier." According to Mylenek, this is all part of the plan.

"We are blessed to be living in an age when we have a global communications network in which idiots, assholes, and total and complete wastes of fucking human life alike can come together to give instant feedback in an unfettered and unmonitored online environment," Mylenek said. "What better way to take advantage of this incredible technology than to log onto the Internet and insult a complete stranger?"

According to media critic Judy Turner, this type of behavior is not uncommon among idiots.

"Brandon's comments in particular contain a degree of unoriginality and stupidity that you only see in the most muttonheaded and imbecilic Internet commenters," Turner said. "In fact, I've seen him use at least a dozen variations of the word 'gay.' Suffice it to say, Brandon Mylenek is a truly stupid, stupid idiot."

Mylenek concluded his press conference with a solemn vow to uphold the awful, unintelligible, anger-inducing quality of his past Internet comments.

"I promise everyone that this post will be exactly what you have come to expect from an idiot like myself," he said, "and that I will check my comment regularly so that I can call everyone who says it's stupid a fag." [/quote]

http://www.theonion.com/articles/local-idiot-to-post-comment-on-internet,2500/

I'l jump in based on the fact that I've noticed Lucid has been the center of some of these discussions recently.

I just think he is just REALLY direct in his statements, and people tend to take that as him being rude or whatever, which I don't believe is his intent.

Lucid, if you're an asshole, I apologize for misjudging you!

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1300540246' post='978277']
I'l jump in based on the fact that I've noticed Lucid has been the center of some of these discussions recently.

I just think he is just REALLY direct in his statements, and people tend to take that as him being rude or whatever, which I don't believe is his intent.

[/quote]

:lmao:

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1300540246' post='978277']

[/quote]

:lol:

I certainly can be, although it definitely is not my intent... I think I offend sometimes and have no clue. I wish people would tell me, so I could have the chance to make amends.

Thanks, BTW.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1300492481' post='978174']
Yeah I know what it looks like but actually those hippies are gathered around kicking someone to death for suggesting Grateful Dead were honestly kind of mediocre. Throw a veggie burrito in the center and they'd rip each other to shreds like starving Makos.
[/quote]
LOL! Now that's funny! Veggie burrito...lol

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1300493138' post='978178']

The Dead, [i]mediocre[/i]! Death to the unbelieving non-hippie!

Too funny! The veggie burrito reference is classic; I recall the few Dead shows I went to in the early 1990's and one of the things that always struck me (and I recall thinking to myself while in the midst of my acid-soaked experience) was "Man, this is [i]truly[/i] the last bastion of free enterprise in America, man! Why, there's a hippie over there selling a magic rock for a dollar! I wonder if it really is magic? Look, dude over there is filling balloons out of the back of his truck! Two balloons for five dollars! This guy has shrooms, that VW bus with the awning over the side is making vegetarian spaghetti for two bucks, this guy is rolling a cooler around with imported beers for the corporate crowd...and [i]that[/i] guy has veggie burritos, only one dollar!"

Good times. From what I remember of it anyway.

I also faintly recollect my amusement at the groans of despair from stoned hippies that didn't properly secure their recently purchased balloons filled with nitrous and let them contact blades of grass on the ground...**POP** and then "Awww, maaaaaan!"

[/quote]

Yeah, same experience here... I used to go all the time when the dead came around.. Never once had a ticket, but that doesn't matter.

One time I was sitting out by the car grilling hot dogs on my hibachi and some hippie chick came walking up, leather braid in her hair, leather tassels and Birkenstocks... Gets right in my face and says:

"Do you have any idea how many animals died to make those hot dogs?"

to which I replied..

"Probably about as many as it took to make your shoes?"

She got this puzzled look like I had spoken something in martian, pinched up her face and just walked off.

Hilarious.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300540493' post='978281']

I certainly can be, although it definitely is not my intent... I think I offend sometimes and have no clue. I wish people would tell me, so I could have the chance to make amends.

Thanks, BTW.
[/quote]

Hence the problem with texting and forums.. you can not gauge the tone of a statement. This is why people need to be careful how they word things.. I don't know how many arguments I have been in because someone took something I said completely wrong in a text...

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300544344' post='978296']
Yeah, same experience here... I used to go all the time when the dead came around.. Never once had a ticket, but that doesn't matter.

One time I was sitting out by the car grilling hot dogs on my hibachi and some hippie chick came walking up, leather braid in her hair, leather tassels and Birkenstocks... Gets right in my face and says:

"Do you have any idea how many animals died to make those hot dogs?"

to which I replied..

"Probably about as many as it took to make your shoes?"

She got this puzzled look like I had spoken something in martian, pinched up her face and just walked off.

Hilarious.
[/quote]

Ah yes, my favorite breed of hippie...the self-righteous hypocritical hippie.

I used to work with this hippie dude named Kevin. Kevin fucking stank to high heavens. One day a fellow co-worker was like "Man, can't you wear some deodorant or something?" and Kevin replied "Anti-perspirants and deodorants cause cancer"...as he blew cigarette (American Spirits, though! Healthy cigarettes!) smoke in our faces.

I think someone might have hacked Go's account and posted that. There is just a complete disconnect between the reality and the one he sees. He has verbally attacked my opinion literally hundreds of times, literally. And it seems that it is so pervasive that he does not even realize he does it anymore.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1300585399' post='978417']
I think someone might have hacked Go's account and posted that. There is just a complete disconnect between the reality and the one he sees. He has verbally attacked my opinion literally hundreds of times, literally. And it seems that it is so pervasive that he does not even realize he does it anymore.
[/quote]

Maybe, that's because your opinion is routinely stupid as shit? :on_the_quiet: :on_the_quiet:

Seriously, I think everybody just needs to not act like what someone posts about you really matters. None of you pay my mortgage, my DPL bill or a friggin' dime to what it costs to send two of my kids to college or the one to CJ.(fuckers) Hell, this is one of the few times in my life that I can tell someone that's being an ass or an idiot that he is one, because in most of life's situations I'm forced to be PC. So truly, thank all of you for providing a level of relief from the rest of the world. I truly like the debate even when I disagree, and even when I disagree vehemently.(and occasionally off color) You guys are my lifeline. :bowdown: Hopefully, this too shall pass, and we'll get back to the kumbaya life we used to live instead of all this doom and gloom.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1300586233' post='978419']
[b]Maybe, that's because your opinion is routinely stupid as shit?[/b] :on_the_quiet: :on_the_quiet:

Seriously, I think everybody just needs to not act like what someone posts about you really matters. None of you pay my mortgage, my DPL bill or a friggin' dime to what it costs to send two of my kids to college or the one to CJ.(fuckers) Hell, this is one of the few times in my life that I can tell someone that's being an ass or an idiot that he is one, because in most of life's situations I'm forced to be PC. So truly, thank all of you for providing a level of relief from the rest of the world. I truly like the debate even when I disagree, and even when I disagree vehemently.(and occasionally off color) You guys are my lifeline. :bowdown: Hopefully, this too shall pass, and we'll get back to the kumbaya life we used to live instead of all this doom and gloom.
[/quote]

there's really no need for that.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1300586233' post='978419']
Maybe, that's because your opinion is routinely stupid as shit? :on_the_quiet: :on_the_quiet:

[/quote]

That joke would have been hilarious had you not done similar things....often.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1300633180' post='978460']
That joke would have been hilarious had you not done similar things....often.
[/quote]

And there in, lies the problem. You give a shit what I say. Say fuck you, kennethmw, and keep on going. I'm forced to be PC in my life, I like having somewhere where I don't have to be, like I am around my boys. As long as this site exists, I reserve the right to be a condescending, sarcastic asshole, and I don't mind if any of you tell me that I am. I still would drink a beer with any of you, I think almost everyone on here is good people. So go on, brush your shoulders off.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1300667265' post='978531']
And there in, lies the problem. You give a shit what I say. Say fuck you, kennethmw, and keep on going. I'm forced to be PC in my life, I like having somewhere where I don't have to be, like I am around my boys. As long as this site exists, I reserve the right to be a condescending, sarcastic asshole, and I don't mind if any of you tell me that I am. I still would drink a beer with any of you, I think almost everyone on here is good people. So go on, brush your shoulders off.
[/quote]

No. That isn't the problem.

You don't have to be PC.

But you should show some respect and treat others the way you would treat yourself.

This site used to feel like you were around "your boys". Talking about the Bengals and
everything else under the Sun. That's when it was a great place. That's when it attracted
a lot of people very quickly.

This site has lost a lot of good people because of the condescending, sarcastic asshole shit.
I include myself in that catergory. I have actually worked on being better recently though.

We are trying to attract people, good people. The more people here equals more hits which
equals Go doesn't have to foot the bill.

We aren't going to start censoring or over moderating this site. That is one of the things
that makes this site great. But like the title says, play nice. And realize there is a real
person on the otherside of those typed words. Even the thickest skin wears thin after
it is grated on for so long.

This site is for entertainment. It is for info. It is for fun. An ecscape.
It's none of that if people have to wade through fuck you matches.

I would rather have a sense of community and comradery than a place
to blow off steam and be condescending, sarcastic asshole all the time.

Save that shit for your Wife and kids. They have to put up with it. We don't. lol

You get what I am saying though?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300667969' post='978536']
No. That isn't the problem.

You don't have to be PC.

But you should show some respect and treat others the way you would treat yourself.

This site used to feel like you were around "your boys". Talking about the Bengals and
everything else under the Sun. That's when it was a great place. That's when it attracted
a lot of people very quickly.

This site has lost a lot of good people because of the condescending, sarcastic asshole shit.
I include myself in that catergory. I have actually worked on being better recently though.

We are trying to attract people, good people. The more people here equals more hits which
equals Go doesn't have to foot the bill.

We aren't going to start censoring or over moderating this site. That is one of the things
that makes this site great. But like the title says, play nice. And realize there is a real
person on the otherside of those typed words. Even the thickest skin wears thin after
it is grated on for so long.

This site is for entertainment. It is for info. It is for fun. An ecscape.
It's none of that if people have to wade through fuck you matches.

I would rather have a sense of community and comradery than a place
to blow off steam and be condescending, sarcastic asshole all the time.

Save that shit for your Wife and kids. They have to put up with it. We don't. lol

You get what I am saying though?
[/quote]

Old, I'm going to be me. I'm going to tell you what I think, like it or not. But don't let what I say get under your skin. If you do, sorry, your fault. Do you get what I'm saying?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1300668581' post='978540']
Old, I'm going to be me. I'm going to tell you what I think, like it or not. But don't let what I say get under your skin. If you do, sorry, your fault. Do you get what I'm saying?
[/quote]

no one's saying change the way you think. It's the manner and context that its' being delivered that is the topic.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1300668581' post='978540']
[/quote]

No one is saying you can't be you. Or say what you think. You don't have to
be a condescending, sarcastic asshole though. You even said that is not
the "normal" you. So why be that way here? Because we are a bunch of
faceless IDs?

You don't have to call someone an idiot. It is much more effective to
prove they are an idiot by posting facts against what they state.

The degrading and demeaning needs to stop. The pissing matches
and flame wars aren't doing this place any good either.

I already said that even the thickest skin wears thin after awhile.
If you degrade and demean that skin away, that is YOUR fault.
And that shit just won't be tolerated around here anymore.
Go said as much in his original post. Mods and other members
here are echoing it. We would probably have a lot more people
voicing valuable opinions and insight if there wasn't so much of
the degrading and demeaning going on. All of the bullshit to sift
through and shit has ran it's course here. It's over. Done.

Learn how to show some tact. That's all.

Lucid said this the other day. Wise words that need to be adhered to.

[quote]
The internet is a strange place where people feel comfortable letting their darker sides out for a stroll, confident in the lack of real world repercussions. We should all strive to remember that behind these posts are real people with lives and loved ones and feelings.. Feelings often which bleed over from our real lives and onto this medium.. It's easy to make others here a virtual punching bag because they can't punch back.

Maybe this should remind us all, that civility in the face of opposition is supposed to be one of our nobler traits as Americans... Lets try to remember that next time we want to project our frustrations with the world on our supposed brethren here.
[/quote]

You get what I am saying now?

i came back, saw 119 replied and 5-6 pages and thought" welll that couldnt have gone very well"

but better than expected now.

aside from freak, everyone else who "called me out" is someone who has been suspended from here.. so lets call that a "bias opinion"...

as for weston, to be perfectly honest with you, aside from being removed from here more than once, only to have to continuously create new names i gave up and let you back, my intention is for you to not post here at all. of all of the bitching and things i have mentioned, the attacks, etc. you may be one of the worst human beings I have ever come across in my life, which is laced with terrible people, your personality, thought process, and general existance is one i wish i could rid my life of, and i tried, but you are a persistent cancer i cannot seem to beat. You post here because i am too lazy to keep chasing down the account and IP's you use to create new accounts. I truly loath your existence. Maybe its somehow a misunderstanding or a misread of your person, but as far as im concerned you do not count here, every time you post it frustrates me, and the fact that you council people in anything is not only shocking but unfortunate for those you come in contact with, as i just assume their lives are far far worse off after meeting you as i know mine is...i have never been so personally insulted by anyone in my life, even accounting for andre smiths boy who PM'd me cursing my dead mother and wishing the same actions on my wife and kids... well i kinda hate that guy more... but he isnt smart enough to create more accounts under different IP's, he is barely smart enough to use a mouse and keyboard.so I hate one person more than I personally hate you...i have a decent amount of doubt that the situation will change....and it only effected me, not the general public or a general member... so chasing ghosts for my own personal reasoning is less constructive than the ghost chases for the "good of the board" as i assume other dont feel the same way, for obvious reasons.

i feel like this post is counter productive.... :Harassment_emoticon:

buuuut this isnt about football or common courtesy its about something personal, its actually about the topic at hand.... lines were crossed, hell lines were painted over and shit on at some point, and the reason the situation continues is explained above...

to dive into the other comments towards me further and not mash it with my other problem ....

I feel that someone thinking posting completely ridiculous photoshops, over the top comments that can really only be taken as jest and stick poking fun, as BBR correctly saw it, and call it an "attitude" is a bit silly..

who the hell takes that seriously?

who takes offense to it?

i mean honestly... it had like 10 photoshops of just hilariously silly things..

i still like bob, bob is happier where he is, im happy for him and his family that he moved on quickly after being the last OC released in an offseason of hell...

and housh was never the best WR in the league that he was made to be, chad doesnt walk on water, willie anderson totally started to suck, ask the ravens, and every other nfl team who didnt sign him for peanuts... and JT was hardly the sole cause of any problem anywhere..

kinda seems like the hatred mentioned is me trying to prove a point that a coach, or player isnt the best to ever grace the field or worst to ever touch the pigskin no matter what happens on the field...

the world didnt end and the team isnt 19-0 superbowl bound...

i feel that i was probably accused of sucking jt or bobs nuts(as i was daily, at the time) before i "lashed out and called people idiots"...

not that it makes it right for my reaction to be worse that the original poor reaction, but id bet 99 times out of 100 i had a rational comment that the populous just disagreed with, thus making my comment acceptable to be attacked..

i mean i am being "crucified" over my responses to threads or comments such as "jt plays on roller skates" "sign willie anderson now!(2 years removed from a knee he couldnt practice on and being cut from a team with oline holes and his paycheck being under 2 mil a year and them him sitting at home for a year)."give Tj whatever he wants" and "bob shouldnt even be coaching in the NFL"

fans get overly emotional, give players or coaches too much credit and too much blame, my emotions in 99.9% of my conversing here are non existant. i mean the same people who were bonerifically stoked about palmer and simpson and caldwell for 2011-2012 and they were gonna light shit up, are the same ones saying palmer is shit and fuck him and he sucks anyway..

emotional fans are part of football, emotional fans getting overly emotional about the good or bad and ranting about it non stop are the problem..and then those posts and threads are what start the harsher arguments and problems...

hell i was called out by someone for NOT posting my thoughts on palmer, and i explained there are lots of answers we dont and may never know, so i dont have an opinion until i know more about it, as info came out, i totally get where palmer is coming from, i know where the team is coming from.. i call things how i see them, whether i love or hate the player...

i have no crazy man love for anyone.. i loved chad, i own 2 chad jerseys, and got 3-4 things autographed by him at camps, nicest guy in person, but he hasnt been putting in the effort or producing for years, so i want the guy gone.... carson is a good qb, he is pissed, i understand why for the most part, im not furious and ranting that a QB i love and want on my team more than most any other QB is demanding to leave and hates the place.. life sucks, bad things happen... i hated to see bobs job taken and family upset and disgruntled and put in a bad spot in a bad economy in a horrible offseason later than all other coaches with then maybe 1 -2 OC opening in the whole league... that was FUCKED UP.. and with all the mike brown suppporting i do.. i said it was fucked up.. and all the marvin supporting i do.. i called out mike and marvin on fucking up carsons situation...

i get more heat, bashing and fucking hatred for saying "this guy isnt the sole problem" or "this guy isnt making or breaking the team on his own" than anyone...

i dont know anymore than most anyone else, whatever i see with my eyes and hear from people i know dont have agendas is all i have to go on..

the only "upper hand" i feel i have in a few arguments is that i know many that i have argued with either dont watch games at all, or watch them completely wasted...at that point i feel that over the years me being there, seeing interactions on the sidelines with players and coaches i probably have a more realistic view of the situation that that particular person...

in that case they probably posted in the gameday thread "fuck palmer he fucking blows cant make a 8 yard pass without it being in the turf" while i watched livings fall on his back like a turtle and palmer tear a tendon in his thumb and go get medical attention...

but thats few and far between...obviously..

my opinion is often unpopular and hated and it gets me into more arguments than i care to be in..

but its tough to argue that my opinion isnt the most calm and neutral, i never want to blow everything up, and just want to fix the most broken parts...i neer hated TJ, i just hated how he was treated like a jerry rice, and its pretty shocking that neither the hawks or ravens use him the same way he was used here.. dude was money is his role here...its undeniable.. but it wasnt cause he was a mega badass..which is evident in seattle and baltimore..

im not going to fall in love with guys with awesome names that do cool things and mistake it for talent and want them around forever.. tj was entertaining playing fired up, dhani jones show was awesome, his bowties are badass and riding a bike to pbs is the shit... none of which applied to football...

i make excuses for guys, i just am bitter and hate guys, im a hater.. etc... when im just not in love with or have some man hate for a single individual, ....

i am not part of the angry mob trying to burn players and coaches at the stake as if a single player or coach can have such a vast effect on the game....

but yes it gets me into hella arguments with super passionate super emotional fans...and maybe i should be the one to walk away more often in such a scenario...

this is why i ahvent been here much, id rather do other things than get into overly emotional arguments.....

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1300679494' post='978574']
i came back, saw 119 replied and 5-6 pages and thought" welll that couldnt have gone very well"

but better than expected now.

aside from freak, everyone else who "called me out" is someone who has been suspended from here.. so lets call that a "bias opinion"...

as for weston, to be perfectly honest with you, aside from being removed from here more than once, only to have to continuously create new names i gave up and let you back, my intention is for you to not post here at all. of all of the bitching and things i have mentioned, the attacks, etc. you may be one of the worst human beings I have ever come across in my life, which is laced with terrible people, your personality, thought process, and general existance is one i wish i could rid my life of, and i tried, but you are a persistent cancer i cannot seem to beat. You post here because i am too lazy to keep chasing down the account and IP's you use to create new accounts. I truly loath your existence. Maybe its somehow a misunderstanding or a misread of your person, but as far as im concerned you do not count here, every time you post it frustrates me, and the fact that you council people in anything is not only shocking but unfortunate for those you come in contact with, as i just assume their lives are far far worse off after meeting you as i know mine is...i have never been so personally insulted by anyone in my life, even accounting for andre smiths boy who PM'd me cursing my dead mother and wishing the same actions on my wife and kids... well i kinda hate that guy more... but he isnt smart enough to create more accounts under different IP's, he is barely smart enough to use a mouse and keyboard.so I hate one person more than I personally hate you...i have a decent amount of doubt that the situation will change....and it only effected me, not the general public or a general member... so chasing ghosts for my own personal reasoning is less constructive than the ghost chases for the "good of the board" as i assume other dont feel the same way, for obvious reasons.

i feel like this post is counter productive.... :Harassment_emoticon:

buuuut this isnt about football or common courtesy its about something personal, its actually about the topic at hand.... lines were crossed, hell lines were painted over and shit on at some point, and the reason the situation continues is explained above...
[/quote]

:13:

Archived