[/quote]

Football, basketball, or both?

:tease:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300726689' post='978686']
Can someone answer this please?

:ninja:
[/quote]

:24:

Weston is NOT The Wretched Mass. I've posted with Weston (guru) on another board since before this board existed.

I used to read just about every thread posted on the board, but I just don't have time to these days, so I must have missed most of what brought this all on.

Any chance EVERYONE can just kind of wipe the slate clean, and start over? Assuming there will be a season, chances are it's going to be a long one for the Bengals. Hopefully we can all step back and get a little perspective, and try to keep the board enjoyable.

I made comments about a couple of members in the J&D forum recently that I regret, and I apologize. I have to stay out of that forum, because it's real life issues and it can breed hostility. The Bengals forum by nature is going to have disagreement and debate, but it shouldn't breed hostility the way real life issues can. We all just want the team to win, shouldn't be that hard to get along.

The other day I was reading through some of the old GB hall of fame threads. I read the thread "Fan on the Field" and a lot of us had a lot of fun in that thread. It was like we were all in a bar having a few drinks and a good laugh. There were some disagreements but no personal shots. There has definetly been a change in the overall culture of this board. I saw posts from members that I remember from years ago but never see around anymore. The post by go about michael weston was probably the worst personal attack of a member that I have ever read on any message board.

I think many members may feel that the site owner can rip away all he wants but the rest of us will be censored. That will never work and will destroy this site. IMO, and I dont want it to be taken personally, but sometimes go and dan come across as being more knowledgable about football than anyone else on this board, and tend to be condescending towards other members who don't agree with their logic. I saw a major shift here when all the shit about Brat started happening.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1300749005' post='978842']
...[b]I remember when Go started this place when it was a just a black screen.[/b]
[/quote]

...then you found this: [IMG]http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy35/mjmoore530/on-off-switch.jpg[/IMG]

;)

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1300749005' post='978842']
Backer I am with ya on staying out of the jesus forum....unless you agree with some...you get bashed...I remember when Go started this place when it was a just a black screen.
[/quote]

i've only been there once. i had my fill of that place in about 5 minutes and realized if i stayed there, bad times would prevail (on my behalf). accordingly, i've never returned. i have no need for that BS in my life.

it's not my decision to make, but it sounds like that forum is a big source of trouble that quite likely has a carryover affect onto this forum. if that's the case, that's too bad.

i'll leave it at that.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1300750027' post='978848']
it sounds like that forum is a big source of trouble that quite likely has a carryover affect onto this forum. if that's the case, that's too bad.

i'll leave it at that.
[/quote]

It was the reason this thread was created, but it is not the big source, at all.

Very few members here even post in that forum. Vitriol in this forum is just as
bad as it is there anymore. They kind of mirror one another really.
It is not a carryover though. I mean I have seen fuck you matches in this
forum over potential draft picks, by people that I have never even seen in
the political forum.

There are only about 10 members or so that post in the political forum on a consistent basis.
If even that many. You could shut that forum down altogether and it wouldn't solves the issues
in this forum one bit.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300753665' post='978860']
It was the reason this thread was created, but it is not the big source, at all.

Very few members here even post in that forum. Vitriol in this forum is just as
bad as it is there anymore. They kind of mirror one another really.
It is not a carryover though. I mean I have seen fuck you matches in this
forum over potential draft picks, by people that I have never even seen in
the political forum.

There are only about 10 members or so that post in the political forum on a consistent basis.
If even that many. You could shut that forum down altogether and it wouldn't solves the issues
in this forum one bit.
[/quote]

thanks for the clarification!

There are a few members here whose posting styles are not conducive to a harmonious board. In every post seemingly, there's a combative tone and until that stops the problem will not go away (due to frequency of their posts). Quite sad...

I propose that next time someone makes such a post, reply to their post and write "DOUCHEBAG ALERT!"....this will alert the poster that they are possibly being a douchebag and hopefully force them to re-examine their style and apologize. If it does not cause them to re-examine their style, they are most likely indeed a douchebag and as a result, will not apologize in order to rid negative energy and then will be known as the resident douchebag of this fine board.

Then Go can put the shiny tag underneath their username....like how some posters have "ELITE SUPPORTER" or whatever...the douchebag's will say "DOUCHEBAG" and noone will pay much attention to him/her because.....well......they're a douchebag.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1300754710' post='978869']
There are a few members here whose posting styles are not conducive to a harmonious board. In every post seemingly, there's a combative tone and until that stops the problem will not go away (due to frequency of their posts). Quite sad...

I propose that next time someone makes such a post, reply to their post and write "DOUCHEBAG ALERT!"....this will alert the poster that they are possibly being a douchebag and hopefully force them to re-examine their style and apologize. If it does not cause them to re-examine their style, they are most likely indeed a douchebag and as a result, will not apologize in order to rid negative energy and then will be known as the resident douchebag of this fine board.

Then Go can put the shiny tag underneath their username....like how some posters have "ELITE SUPPORTER" or whatever...the douchebag's will say "DOUCHEBAG" and noone will pay much attention to him/her because.....well......they're a douchebag.
[/quote]

"DOUCHEBAG ALERT!"

Come on everyone, join in.

This is fun!

:ninja:

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1300754710' post='978869']

[/quote]

yeah I can see people wanting that as a badge of honor

LOL at this thread.
The biggest asshat on the site is complaining that people being asshats has ruined the site.

When I first came here I (for some reason) liked that it was basically no holds barred (as opposed to my other team's forum - which is heavily modded and overseen. The admins aren't self serving dicks and they don't put up with self serving nonsense from members). Upon reflection the other forum wins out over the long haul due to those very actions..

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1300818269' post='979025']
When I first came here I (for some reason) liked that it was basically no holds barred
[/quote]

Ok, time to really weigh in... Bengals666, that is why I like it here. You can say anything. Go talks shit, but he never bans anyone (maybe like 1 or 2 dudes ever) and he always takes it. He made this thread and there have been lots of people putting him down and talking shit back to him. Did he close the site? Did he lock the thread? Did he ban anyone? Hell no.

I appreciate this style of board, there isn't another like it. Sure, he made this thread but at the end of the day, he does a bad ass job here. He lets us do what we want. I think if the overall userbase doesn't like the tone, the mods can step their game up and send PM's to dudes and tell them to cut their shit out.

Pretty much though, I don't think anyone here hates anyone else. There have been plenty of dudes that blast me, including Go, but I don't hate anyone. I pretty much give everyone a fresh chance in each thread. I could verbally castrate you in one thread and then be your friend in the next thread. I think some of you sensitive dudes need to learn how to use the internet better.

Right now everyone's hostile cause:

1. The Bengals suck
2. Franchise QB is bailing
3. soP is as inept as ever
4. Lockout
5. offesason
6. high hopes for the season crashed and burned
7. faggot ass stealers in the super bowl

I don't think a situation like that has ever happened. At least not all five things at once. Everything will be better after there is something else to talk about. :rsju31uh9: :icon15: :morning1: :steelerssuck: :bengalscheer:

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1300819869' post='979033']
Ok, time to really weigh in... Bengals666, that is why I like it here. You can say anything. Go talks shit, but he never bans anyone (maybe like 1 or 2 dudes ever) and he always takes it. He made this thread and there have been lots of people putting him down and talking shit back to him. Did he close the site? Did he lock the thread? Did he ban anyone? Hell no.

I appreciate this style of board, there isn't another like it. Sure, he made this thread but at the end of the day, he does a bad ass job here. He lets us do what we want. I think if the overall userbase doesn't like the tone, the mods can step their game up and send PM's to dudes and tell them to cut their shit out.

Pretty much though, I don't think anyone here hates anyone else. There have been plenty of dudes that blast me, including Go, but I don't hate anyone. I pretty much give everyone a fresh chance in each thread. I could verbally castrate you in one thread and then be your friend in the next thread. I think some of you sensitive dudes need to learn how to use the internet better.

Right now everyone's hostile cause:

1. The Bengals suck
2. Franchise QB is bailing
3. soP is as inept as ever
4. Lockout
5. offesason
6. high hopes for the season crashed and burned
7. faggot ass stealers in the super bowl

I don't think a situation like that has ever happened. At least not all five things at once. Everything will be better after there is something else to talk about. :rsju31uh9: :icon15: :morning1: :steelerssuck: :bengalscheer:
[/quote]

Good ass post!!

Archived