What The Hell Just Happened To Gas Prices In Cincy?

Bunghole

WTF?
When I drove home from work yesterday, gas prices in West Chester were $3.81/gal.
When I drove into work this morning gas prices in West Chester were $4.15/gal!

What in the world happened to cause a 34 cent jump in prices in 12 hours?

For fuck's sake!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1304084052' post='987982']
WTF?
When I drove home from work yesterday, gas prices in West Chester were $3.81/gal.
When I drove into work this morning gas prices in West Chester were $4.15/gal!

[b]What in the world happened to cause a 34 cent jump in prices in 12 hours? [/b]

For fuck's sake!
[/quote]

They decided they wanted more money.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1304136637' post='988904']
hm... got gas for $3.47....today.. havent seen it above $3.69 anywhere yet...

suckers...
[/quote]

I am going to drive out to Colorado to save some money.......

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1304136637' post='988904']
hm... got gas for $3.47....today.. havent seen it above $3.69 anywhere yet...

suckers...
[/quote]
Just saw the other day only two states had a lower average gas price than Colorado. I think Ohio had the 10th highest average price.

DC has been $4.00+ in multiple places for weeks. There is a station in DC that has been over $4.00 for over 2 years.

I remember when I wouldn't need more than $30 to fill my car up. The past 2 fill ups, and my car gets about 30 MPG, at least $40.

$3.59 last fill up... boooo

need some more king sooper rewards points...

but i only fill up bi weekly normally, round trip to work is 28 miles, so about a gallon a day.. 10 work days.. boom ..every two weeks normally..

my wife however is 35 miles EACH WAY... gets gas every 4.5 days.... brutal..

$300/mo on gas basically.. at high end prices

1 US gallon = 3.785 liters
1€ = $1.4835

Gas near me costs about:
1.60€/liter
or
$8.90/gallon

This is a function of the dollar being in the toilet more than the high cost of fuel. Real cost is more in line with $4-6/gallon

Unrelated news.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/28/us-exxonmobil-idUSTRE73R35O20110428

[quote][size="5"][b]Exxon's profit soars 69 percent, tops Street[/b][/size]

By Anna Driver

HOUSTON | Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:15am EDT

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp's quarterly profit rose a better-than-expected 69 percent as the world's largest publicly traded oil company benefited from higher crude prices and improved earnings in its chemical and refining businesses.

In the first quarter, the average U.S. oil price was $95 per barrel, about 20 percent higher than a year earlier, a factor that has lifted earnings at most oil companies.

Since then, prices have climbed above $100 per barrel in a rally fueled by improved world demand for fuel and unrest in the Middle East and North Africa.

"It looks like chemical was really strong," Phil Weiss, oil analyst at Argus Research, said. "And production came in on the higher side relative to my expectations, especially gas."

Exxon shares were likely not responding to the earnings beat because it was driven by chemicals, which is not the company's primary business, Weiss said.

Shares of Exxon edged slightly lower in premarket trading.

Low natural gas prices and an improvement in global economies have boosted results for chemical companies, while refiners are profited from higher fuel demand.

The Irving, Texas, company reported a first-quarter profit of $10.65 billion, or $2.14 per share, up from $6.3 billion, or $1.33 per share, a year earlier.

Analysts on average had expected Exxon to report a first-quarter profit of $2.07 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Revenue rose 26 percent to $114 billion.

Oil and gas output rose 10 percent to 4.82 million barrels oil equivalent per day.

Profit in Exxon's chemicals unit rose 21 percent to $1.5 billion. Refining profit grew to $1.1 billion, up from $37 million a year earlier.

Shares of Exxon fell slightly to $87.56 in premarket trade from a New York Stock Exchange close of $87.78.[/quote]

My whole issue isn't so much that gasoline prices are rising, because they invariably will do that. But we as consumers are generally used to smaller, more incremental increases in prices. This whole "I went to bed and it was $3.81 and when I woke up it was $4.15" shit is ridiculous though.

Archived