Marvin Lewis is a Dead Man Walking

No bridge jumping. It's disappointing to any one who is fan that year after year management misteps and appears clueless to the PR game - both image building to the public and potential employees. There never really seems to be well thought out plan in place. With guaranteed revenue and the power of the NFL can it really be this hard?

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1311907806' post='1006155']
I just think with the bengals you cant expect to win division titles year in and year out. There is a lot of parity in the league, and in a division with the steelers and ravens you have to have a few things go your way and stay fairly injury free and you can make a run.

Its happened twice in the last 6 years and we were a game away in 2 of the last 7.

So thats 4 years in the last 7, over 50% of the time you are having an entertaining playoff chasing season.

Now obviously we all want superbowls. What you have to is hope in 1 or 2 of those years things click and you can make a run at winning the whole thing. We had a shot in 2005, which obviously ended horribly. 2009 was a little different. I think losing Henry that year really hurt things and made our offense very one dimensional.

So are we in a rebuilding mode? Yes...but if we can do exactly what we did last time we were in a rebuilding mode...which was 2003, I will be content. That would mean 2003=2011 surprising everyone, and finishing close to .500. 2004=2012 making a run at things but still being a little too inexperienced. Then maybe 2005=2013, make the playoffs and make a run at a Superbowl. Who knows maybe things will go right and we'll actually win it.

Yeah we all wish this team was in the position where it is a division favorite, but its not the case. So lets rebuild, get experience and try to make a run at things in a year or two. Would that be the end of the world??
[/quote]
This team has far more talent overall than the '03 team. The key lies with Andy.

Hell, we went 4-12 with the players we've lost this offseason, so I'm not really fretting the alternative.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1311908094' post='1006160']
This team has far more talent overall than the '03 team. The key lies with Andy.

Hell, we went 4-12 with the players we've lost this offseason, so I'm not really fretting the alternative.
[/quote]

Exactly, so maybe we make a run in 2012 instead of 2013, i dont know. All I know is there is still some talent, some young guys to hopefully watch grow.

Im very excited to see what Gresh, Simpson, AJ etc can do in hopefully an entertaining offense that isnt as stale as Bob Bratkowski's.

Oh no we lost JoJo!! One guys isnt going to make or break our season, lets go out sign a few other solid roleplayers and enjoy having football!

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1311905705' post='1006087']
I just dont get these people that dread being a bengals fan...yeah is it frustrating sometimes? Yeah...am I still really looking forward to this season and hoping for the best. Yes.

All these people saying we are never gonna win, blah blah...go fucking root for a different team. No one needs you here.
[/quote]

Don't know how old you are or how long you've been a Bengals fan, but I've been one since 1968. I watched them when the Bengals were a proud well-run franchise, went to the playoffs regularly and go to to Superbowls. I suffred through the crap since Mike Vrown started running it in the ground and I'm still he for the "glorious rennaissance." Two losing playoff games and three .500 seasons and I'm supposed to be greatful? I'm supposed to just let something the likes of you just tell me to go find another team?

Is Mike Brown your mama or are you just high? Spit the tit and flush the mushrooms. If the last couple of days Isn't enough to make you sick, what would? Maybe you're no a fan, maybe you just don't give a shit. Being a Bengals fan for over forty years doesn't make me any better than anyone else, but it gives me the right to bitch if I want.

You want to hold hands and sing Koombaya and scream like a teenybopper when they sign a middle of the road LBer and say everything's just peach while a top of the line CB walks?, fine, go right ahead that's your opinion. What makes you think you've got the right to say how someone else should feel and tell them to go find another team?

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1311908424' post='1006168']
Don't know how old you are or how long you've been a Bengals fan, but I've been one since 1968. I watched them when the Bengals were a proud well-run franchise, went to the playoffs regularly and go to to Superbowls. I suffred through the crap since Mike Vrown started running it in the ground and I'm still he for the "glorious rennaissance." Two losing playoff games and three .500 seasons and I'm supposed to be greatful? I'm supposed to just let something the likes of you just tell me to go find another team?

Is Mike Brown your mama or are you just high? Spit the tit and flush the mushrooms. If the last couple of days Isn't enough to make you sick, what would? Maybe you're no a fan, maybe you just don't give a shit. Being a Bengals fan for over forty years doesn't make me any better than anyone else, but it gives me the right to bitch if I want.

You want to hold hands and sing Koombaya and scream like a teenybopper when they sign a middle of the road LBer and say everything's just peach while a top of the line CB walks?, fine, go right ahead that's your opinion. What makes you think you've got the right to say how someone else should feel and tell them to go find another team?
[/quote]

What would make me sick about the last couple days? That we traded a drama queen like Chad Ochofuck face? That we didnt sign an injury ridden CB to a 10 mil a year deal??

That we arent trading carson for a 4th rounder?

Nobody is stoked about what we have done recently, but a lot of people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Sports are supposed to be fun and give you something to look forward to. But if all the bengals are doing is making you upset and bitchy maybe you should look for a better way to spend your spare time. Just throwing it out there. Dont think anyone will miss you.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1311908872' post='1006177']
What would make me sick about the last couple days? That we traded a drama queen like Chad Ochofuck face? That we didnt sign an injury ridden CB to a 10 mil a year deal??

That we arent trading carson for a 4th rounder?

Nobody is stoked about what we have done recently, but a lot of people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Sports are supposed to be fun and give you something to look forward to. But if all the bengals are doing is making you upset and bitchy maybe you should look for a better way to spend your spare time. Just throwing it out there. Dont think anyone will miss you.
[/quote]

Disagreeing with me's fine. That doesn't bother me a bit. I like seeing other points of view. What pissed me off was being told to go root for another team. That is something I would never do to another Bengals fan.

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1311909119' post='1006180']
Disagreeing with me's fine. That doesn't bother me a bit. I like seeing other points of view. What pissed me off was being told to go root for another team. That is something I would never do to another Bengals fan.
[/quote]

I wasnt talking directly to you or anyone in particular. All I was saying was I dont get why people spend so much time complaining and bitching about something thats supposed to be fun and entertaining.

Even when I am so frustrated with the reds or bengals, I still look forward to going to the games, rooting them on with other fans win or lose. Yeah I get just as frustrated as the next guy, go in the reds game forum and look at some of the yelling i do during games there. But at the same point I try to stay optimistic and root on my teams. The day I dont look forward to a season starting or watching the games is the day Ill look for a better time to spend my free time. Just thinking its the smart thing to do. (although that will never happen I dont think).

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1311909119' post='1006180']
[/quote]

Your mother wears combat boots. Go root for the Stealers.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1311909984' post='1006207']
I wasnt talking directly to you or anyone in particular. All I was saying was I dont get why people spend so much time complaining and bitching about something thats supposed to be fun and entertaining.

Even when I am so frustrated with the reds or bengals, I still look forward to going to the games, rooting them on with other fans win or lose. Yeah I get just as frustrated as the next guy, go in the reds game forum and look at some of the yelling i do during games there. But at the same point I try to stay optimistic and root on my teams. The day I dont look forward to a season starting or watching the games is the day Ill look for a better time to spend my free time. Just thinking its the smart thing to do. (although that will never happen I dont think).
[/quote]

+ infinity

Life's too short to get upset over football.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1311910299' post='1006216']
How so? He's gotten rid of his biggest headache. I don't like Marvin but he can motivate guys when theyre willing. He has a team that's willing to be motivated and should stand together this season without a diva wr and a pussy for a qb.
[/quote]

How dare you be optimistic!

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1311908424' post='1006168']
it gives me the right to bitch if I want.
[/quote]

Much as we have the right to tell you to quit whining. If you've really been following the NFL that long you should probably have figured out that teams - particularly the smaller-market ones - periodically lose their star players to free agency.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311910388' post='1006218']
+ infinity

Life's too short to get upset over football.
[/quote]

Well...dont get me wrong I get plenty upset. But at the end of the day instead of bitching thinking we will never be good I try to think of what we can do to get better and what I look forward to that will entertain me.

For example reds just got swept by the mets. I am pissed at the way they are playing. But I still enjoying watchign votto and those guys play and am really looking forward to going to the game tomorrow. Still think they can make a run next year. No point sulking for days saying oh the reds suck, they'll never win a world series, bitch bitch bitch.

I just dont get these people that dread being a bengals fan...yeah is it frustrating sometimes? Yeah...am I still really looking forward to this season and hoping for the best. Yes.

All these people saying we are never gonna win, blah blah...go fucking root for a different team. No one needs you here.
[/quote]

This. A lot of this.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1311908094' post='1006160']

[/quote]
Defensively yes, offensively NO. O line was way better in 2003 and Kitna put up pro bowl numbers. Still had Cory Dillon and Rudi was in his prime.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311906810' post='1006131']
I have been a Bengals fan all my life and I'm 42 years old. So it isn't built into everyone's thinking.

And yeah, re-signing a coach that has won 2 division titles in the last 6 years is a do nothing move
that should make you devoid of all hope. Do you really believe what you type?
[/quote]

Do you? I don't expect them to win the division.

Let see you put up something to back your expectations for this year.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1311909984' post='1006207']

[/quote]

Big assumptions made by you.

People are displaying their frustrations at the state of the team.

I'll be at my 10/11 games this year. Cheering them on. But this team as it appears today is not a quality effort,imo.

The games will not be as fun. It's just the typical Bengal Bullshit of not being able to compete for a division year in and year out.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1311910451' post='1006220']
Much as we have the right to tell you to quit whining. If you've really been following the NFL that long you should probably have figured out that teams - particularly the smaller-market ones - periodically lose their star players to free agency.
[/quote]

Bullshit. We were getting superbowl love this time last year.

Our top players aren't leaving because of market size. They are leaving because of the organization.

Do you follow the nfl?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1311934981' post='1006353']
Bullshit. We were getting superbowl love this time last year.

Our top players aren't leaving because of market size. They are leaving because of the organization.

Do you follow the nfl?
[/quote]

Scharm, if it was just the organization that would be convenient. IF there was more money, more advertising dollars, an ocean named Pacific next door, etc... I have no motivation to actually pull up every single excuse given over the year but it is not one single thing. It is just convenient for a player and their agent to blame the organization IMHO.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1311940316' post='1006367']
Scharm, if it was just the organization that would be convenient. IF there was more money, more advertising dollars, an ocean named Pacific next door, etc... I have no motivation to actually pull up every single excuse given over the year but it is not one single thing. It is just convenient for a player and their agent to blame the organization IMHO.
[/quote]

It has to say something to you that the bengals have all this money to spend and yet we lost a player we've had for the last 5 years. We have all this money and it dosen't seem like we are in the running for anyone of any quality. Anyone who cant see this is in denial or else just watched for entertainment.

[/quote]

oh piss off with that go root for a different team bullshit

some of us are tired of this garbage for as long as its gone on and are desperate for a consistently winning team and tired of the F/O being so damned stubborn to fix their issues

it isnt frustrating sometimes, its frustrating all the time because its the same damn shit that never changes

seriously dont tell me to root for another team, fuck you with that

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311906024' post='1006099']
I always love how the ones who don't jump off the bridge are automatically Kool-Aid drinkers.
[/quote]

Well in your case...

you always rationalize everything

im sorry but some things are not ok with this team and should not be rationalized and the team should be held accountable for them

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1311941029' post='1006369']
It has to say something to you that the bengals have all this money to spend and yet we lost a player we've had for the last 5 years. We have all this money and it dosen't seem like we are in the running for anyone of any quality. Anyone who cant see this is in denial or else just watched for entertainment.
[/quote]

I don't get this. Joseph is not a 9.75 million per year corner. Way overspending for one guy, to me, is for those who watch for entertainment.

Archived