Carson's eventual landing spot

It does seem like MB will finally relent and trade Carson after the season so it's kind of interesting to watch some of these other QB situations play out.

The 2 spots that are shaping up as realistic possibilities are Seattle and Miami.

In Seattle, it looks to me like they've done enough in FA to take themselves out of the Andrew Luck chase. Sidney Rice, Robert Gallery, Zach Miller, etc. Plus re-signing some of their own key vets like Mebane, Hill, etc. In that weak division, they should win 6-8 games. Tavaris Jackson is not likely the long-term answer. They are built to be somewhat of a win now team except for QB and I could easily see them deciding Carson is better than any of the QB prospects available mid-1st round.

Miami on the other hand looks like a team that, whether on purpose or not, could be tanking. If they don't upgrade from Henne-Matt Moore, that team looks like a 4 or 5 win type team. They could definitely end up filling their gaping hole at QB in the draft. Still, they didn't trade for Orton (which could have led to a contract extension) so they still have their full complement of picks and no sure thing lined up at QB for 2012.

Some other possibilities:

San Fran (depends on how Kaepernick develops this year and whether they think he's their guy long term or not)
Oakland (they don't seem sold on Campbell long term)
Buffalo (doesn't really fit Chan Gailey's style so I don't see it)

Other than those teams, most everyone else either has an established franchise QB or a young guy who is the heir apparent at the position. I'd rank the 5 teams above in the order I mentioned them as most likely to least likely.

Thoughts?

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1312347782' post='1010039']

Some other possibilities:

San Fran (depends on how Kaepernick develops this year and whether they think he's their guy long term or not)
Oakland (they don't seem sold on Campbell long term)
[b]Buffalo (doesn't really fit Chan Gailey's style so I don't see it)

[/b]Other than those teams, most everyone else either has an established franchise QB or a young guy who is the heir apparent at the position. I'd rank the 5 teams above in the order I mentioned them as most likely to least likely.

Thoughts?
[/quote]
That would be epic to trade him to Buffalo for a bucket of hot wings.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1312354221' post='1010050']
[img]http://www.kidplanetblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/couch-300x233.jpg[/img]

That's his landing spot and he's gonna have to get used to it.
[/quote]
Thank you. I wanted to post that myself but was far too lazy to do it from my phone.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1312377408' post='1010102']
Yep and for a 2nd round pick.
[/quote]

as long as he stays healthy I think they could grab a first rounder from any of those 3 teams. Well, San Fran and Miami. I like Tavaris Jackson and think he'll do ok in Seattle.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1312354221' post='1010050']
[img]http://www.kidplanetblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/couch-300x233.jpg[/img]

That's his landing spot and he's gonna have to get used to it.
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312377627' post='1010105']
as long as he stays healthy I think they could grab a first rounder from any of those 3 teams. Well, San Fran and Miami. I like Tavaris Jackson and think he'll do ok in Seattle.
[/quote]

Tavaris sucks dick.

I doubt it will wait till April. IF, that a big IF, MFB actually has a master plan, it will be wait until the inevitable "contender looses their #1 QB and are desperate to save their season" and then ask a mint for him and they might be willing to pay it. Once the season starts, all the contingencies are in place and CP might be perceived as the best option.

For instance, Who will be throwing the ball in SD if Rivers goes down for the season? SD may want CP even if he's not schooled in their system if the backup can't throw the rock good enough.

Then again........maybe I'm giving MFB too much credit. :wacko:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312377627' post='1010105']
[/quote]

Not if the 49ers are in on the Luck sweepstakes.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1312380674' post='1010128']
Why does it seem like that will happen?
[/quote]

I had meant to ask that same question. I'm not aware of any developments that point to a trade ever happening.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1312381196' post='1010129']
I had meant to ask that same question. I'm not aware of any developments that point to a trade ever happening.
[/quote]

IMO, past precedent.

He traded Boomer once they thought Klingler was ready.

He dumped Pickens once they drafted Warrick (don't remember if he was cut or traded to titans)

He traded Dillon once Rudi emerged.

He traded Chad once Simpson was ready and they drafted Green.

There's plenty of reason to think that once they think Dalton is ready, that they'll move on Carson.

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1312381381' post='1010130']
Luck may not go pro next year. He will only be a junior
[/quote]

He will be a 4th year junior, which means there is a good chance he will have finished his degree. I can see wanting to stay to get a degree from Stanford even if I'm draft eligible and can make tons of money in the NFL. Once I have that degree, I can't imagine staying longer.

He might, but I think the odds are against it this time. Especially with Harbaugh gone.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312381557' post='1010131']
IMO, past precedent.

He traded Boomer once they thought Klingler was ready.

He dumped Pickens once they drafted Warrick (don't remember if he was cut or traded to titans)

He traded Dillon once Rudi emerged.

He traded Chad once Simpson was ready and they drafted Green.

There's plenty of reason to think that once they think Dalton is ready, that they'll move on Carson.
[/quote]

None of those other dudes retired though. They played through the disgruntledness. What difference does it make if he keeps Carson around or not? He isn't helping Dalton or even making the situation better.

Archived