hilarious how bad Chad still sucks!

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1316081555' post='1031223']
[b]The Ocho is almost Chad's Mr. Hyde ... It's a shame really ... because he had 5 pro bowls as Johnson, then he created this persona "reality" 'monster' that consumed his talent & effort and made him a shameless media whore. [/b]

[b]I guess there is always b-list [i]Celebrity Big Brother [/i]in 2019 instead of Canton[/b]
[/quote]

THIS!! ^^^^ The "Johnson" Chad was amazing. I miss him but I also love this quote from Whitworth... "We have a football team right now and there is not one guy in this locker room I would trade for anybody in the world, and every time we go on the field we are all in and we are playing together." TEAM... TEAM.... TEAM!

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316091960' post='1031264']

No people reveling in a former player who wanted out not having a perceived amount of success is typical corey dillion like teeth gnashing. Corey of course has a hard time hearing you with a ring in his ear. It's irrelevant to the Bengals successes anymore and really rather sad that someone would root for his failure. I make no bones about being a Chad fan, I hope he gets his ring as I dont see us winning this year so...

Now insert all the player above team talk, none of it matters to this years team, and we all know Chad was never a leader, I will always maintain that this organization failed when they let him get away with that stuff to begin with.

"I want to be better than Rice...[b].but you have to help me[/b]." ... They didnt, they let him get away with stuff rather than doing the hard thing and disciplining him to help him. Chad is a big kid, and sometimes kids need discipline.[/quote]

Chad signed 2 contract extensions from the time he was drafted. He had signed one 1 year prior to
wanting out. He only started "wanting out" after the CBA was signed and he saw all that money
being thrown around. But leave it to a "fan" like you to see it as being the team's fault.

And leave it to a "fan" like you to try and equate Chad to other players. Stupid.

AND LMFAO @ blaming the team for Chad and not Chad for being Ochocinco. Good Lord.

"I'm a (insert player's name here) fan! No matter what they do or say, or how they effect MY team,
the team is wrong and the player is right! And fans that point that out are just teeth gnashers!"

I don't ever "want" to see ANY other team win the Super Bowl. If you are such a Chad fan
and don't see this team winning, do us all a fucking favor, including yourself.

Good Lord, you're stupid.

[quote]Yet they went undefeated in the regular season and got to the superbowl post that so the notion that it was the reason they won is pretty silly at this point.
[/quote]

The whole thing was they haven't won any Super Bowls since. You know, Super Bowls? That was what was said.
The Patriots haven't won any Super Bowls. And the ones they did win were nail biters. If you think they didn't
benefit from cheating, then why the hell did they cheat in the first place? And why haven't they won a Super Bowl since?
That's what was said. Argue that point.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316091960' post='1031264']

No people reveling in a former player who wanted out not having a perceived amount of success is typical corey dillion like teeth gnashing. Corey of course has a hard time hearing you with a ring in his ear. It's irrelevant to the Bengals successes anymore and really rather sad that someone would root for his failure. I make no bones about being a Chad fan, I hope he gets his ring as I dont see us winning this year so...

Now insert all the player above team talk, none of it matters to this years team, and we all know Chad was never a leader, I will always maintain that this organization failed when they let him get away with that stuff to begin with.

"I want to be better than Rice...[b].but you have to help me[/b]." ... They didnt, they let him get away with stuff rather than doing the hard thing and disciplining him to help him. Chad is a big kid, and sometimes kids need discipline.

Yet they went undefeated in the regular season and got to the superbowl post that so the notion that it was the reason they won is pretty silly at this point.
[/quote]

Didn't Chad admit to dogging it here for [i][b]YEARS[/b][/i]? How do you rationalize that when reconciling it with the fact you claim to be a Bengals fan? How can you reconcile it with Chad being a competitor, or in any way being someone you would want to root for in sports?

Regardless of anything else he did, any respect for him as an athlete and competitor went out the window when he admitted to betraying his team mates, coaches and fans by intentionally "not even trying".

Looking past this shows an obvious bias, and frankly is kind of pathetic.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316094900' post='1031289']

Didn't Chad admit to dogging it here for [i][b]YEARS[/b][/i]? How do you rationalize that when reconciling it with the fact you claim to be a Bengals fan?
[/quote]

Management is to blame for that. Bench his ass. You don't blame the dog for pissing on the rug, you blame the owner for not correcting the issue.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316095389' post='1031292']

Management is to blame for that. Bench his ass. You don't blame the dog for pissing on the rug, you blame the owner for not correcting the issue.
[/quote]

This applies to you too.

"I'm a (insert player's name here) fan! No matter what they do or say, or how they effect MY team,
the team is wrong and the player is right!"

Chad wasn't some puppy that came in pissing on the rug.
He was a 7 year old dog when he started pissing on the rug.

I think it is funny some of you blame the team for not benching Chad.
And then still support Chad when the team gets rid of him.

"Blame the team, not Chad! I hope he gets a ring for not being a Pro while he played for my team!"

I seriously don't understand some of you people here.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316095325' post='1031291']
One thing I don't get about the whole machine comment, is that Carson Palmer threw 6 TD's and 400 yards in one game. I mean, that's spectacular to me. He acts like nothing good every happened in Cincy.
[/quote]
That's because Chad only had one catch for 14 yards in that game, too.

[/quote]

Chad's not a dog.. He's a professional athlete. And there is no excuse for laying down on your team mates and coaches regardless of what management did or didn't do. It's a pride issue. Either you have it or you don't. I'm not rooting for him to fail because he left my team. I'm rooting for him to fail because he betrayed my team and me by not actually doing his part to help the team succeed, all the while whining about just wanting to win.

IMO, what he did is the cardinal sin in sports. You don't piss on your team mates because you are sulking like a child. Why would you root for someone like that?

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1316040426' post='1031101']

Does it ever get tiring, swinging from the nuts of every organization with a recent SB victory? I'm pretty sure the Stoolers and Boston Patriots both have forums where such knob-polishing is welcomed and encouraged.

This shit's hilarious. All the hater sad-sacks have removed their feet from their collective mouths and, after distancing themselves as quickly as possible from an off-season of the most pathetic doom and gloom predictions imaginable, are frantically casting around for something else to bicker and bitch and moan about.

Yeah.. Go on and argue about effing Chad OchoWhoever and leave the rest of us alone, that's great. I'll be busy enjoying watching the "Worst Team in the League" further embarrass you.
[/quote]

Gee, all I basically said was he hasn't been there long, its been one game and their playbook is a bit complicated. I am glad Chad is gone but I am not a total hater like you and others who think just because a guy left the Bengals they sucked.

And you are correct, you won't catch me sucking off Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis like you. They have accomplished little during their tenure and any other organization would have fired Marvin last year. Mike Brown is the among the worst owners in the NFL and no amount of trash talking from a douche bag like you can change the last 20 years of EPIC FAILURE. Blowing Marvin and Mike doesn't change Marvin's 61-67-1 record with no playoff wins.

If being a Bengals fan means I have to put on rose colored glasses and pretend we are great like you do, then yeah, maybe I should find another team that expects a little more. BTW, who allowed Chad to be a total douche here? Who allowed him to free lance and take off plays? Who never sat him when he acted the bitch or didn't block? Why did he never miss a start even after watching a DB run back an INT with his hands on his hips? Was that Bill Bellicheck? The Steelers coaching staff? Chad got away with murder here because Mike Brown and Marvin let him just as they made every excuse in the book for Chris Henry.

Great teams start at the top, not at the wide receiver or QB position.

The Bengals can never embarrass me. Anyone here that gets embarrassed by the Bengals needs therapy. They are nothing more than a sports team that happens to play 38 miles from my home. I would never allow any sports team to EVER upset me unless it was one I was coaching. Yeah, I am happy when they win but am so used to the losing it really doesn't bother me anymore.

Well, he did do more good than harm for the Bengals. That's why I can root for him. He entertained me a lot. That's all I really ask for in athletes. I don't need them to be boy scouts or whatever. Just entertain me with your badass skills. If I want to see a bunch of dudes out there just to get along and be friends, I'll watch my flag football highlights on youtube.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316094900' post='1031289']

Didn't Chad admit to dogging it here for [i][b]YEARS[/b][/i]? How do you rationalize that when reconciling it with the fact you claim to be a Bengals fan? How can you reconcile it with Chad being a competitor, or in any way being someone you would want to root for in sports?

Regardless of anything else he did, any respect for him as an athlete and competitor went out the window when he admitted to betraying his team mates, coaches and fans by intentionally "not even trying".

Looking past this shows an obvious bias, and frankly is kind of pathetic.
[/quote]

Because I believe it was the organization that failed him by not disciplining him. This whole money argument is silly. Look at what he has tweeted since being there, "ive landed in heaven", "im in awe", nothing about getting a new contract. It's part of a narrative to absolve the organization, whenever any player wants out.

No different than the bias going on against him when he's no longer part of the team, which I find even more sad. Its about the Bengals, yet some cant seem to move on from a player who is no longer here and want to gnash at him.

[/quote]

Exactly. If Marvin wasnt allowed to bench him, then you have to blame Mike for not allowing that. I know that's hard to blame mike around here.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1316041638' post='1031108']

Its been quite a while for the Pats have had a SB victory
[/quote]
LOL. Yeah, and its been quite awhile since we have had a playoff victory. Don't compare the two. The Patriots were playing for perfection only 4 years ago and were 14-2 last year. We haven't sniffed real success for 20 years.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316096630' post='1031304']

Because I believe it was the organization that failed him by not disciplining him. This whole money argument is silly. Look at what he has tweeted since being there, "ive landed in heaven", "im in awe", nothing about getting a new contract. It's part of a narrative to absolve the organization, whenever any player wants out.

No different than the bias going on against him when he's no longer part of the team, which I find even more sad. Its about the Bengals, yet some cant seem to move on from a player who is no longer here and want to gnash at him.
[/quote]

And some people want to find any excuse they can to "gnash gnash" their teeth about Mike Brown and the organization. How about being objective and actually looking at the reality? Why does Chad need someone to motivate him to caring about his team mates? How do you really even "fix" a guy who doesn't understand how incredibly lame it is to dog it when your team mates and friends are counting on you?

It's not about him not wanting to be here.. I could honestly not care less.. I do care about what he did as a Bengal.. And even if I wasn't a fan of this team I would have no respect for Chad. I would feel the same way about any athlete who left his team hanging over some childish personal shit.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316096945' post='1031310']
How do you really even "fix" a guy who doesn't understand how incredibly lame it is to dog it when your team mates and friends are counting on you?
[/quote]

1. Bench him.
2. Try to trade him for something (ideally, don't wait three years for this situation to fester).
3. Cut him.

Easy. Except for Marvin and soP.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1316050322' post='1031180']
[b]Just amazed at the defense of a guy who had a massive part in this team's downward spiral since the middle of 2006[/b]. Ever since he adopted the fuckin' ochocinco persona and stopped working like he did when he was coming up, it became a distraction. Hell, his bizarre behavior at halftime of the '05 playoff game helped knife a winnable game.
[/quote]
Sorry but the front office had ample opportunities the fix this PROBLEM long before 2011. I am not defending Chad only blaming the real problem and that is Mike Brown and Marvin. And don't give me the Marvin was powerless BS, he could have walked but stayed for the paycheck and let Chad walk all over him. Chad is an ass but the Bengals sure didn't seem to care except for Carson Palmer.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316095325' post='1031291']One thing I don't get about the whole machine comment, is that Carson Palmer threw 6 TD's and 400 yards in one game. I mean, that's spectacular to me. He acts like nothing good every happened in Cincy.[/quote]

And so does the media. Schefter made it sound like we've been running the wing t in Cincy, and the Patsies run some offense designed by the rocket scientists at NASA. Just like some of the posters on here, they are trying to "reinterpret" history to fit their narrative. Such frigging bullshit.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316096945' post='1031310']

And some people want to find any excuse they can to "gnash gnash" their teeth about Mike Brown and the organization. How about being objective and actually looking at the reality? Why does Chad need someone to motivate him to caring about his team mates? How do you really even "fix" a guy who doesn't understand how incredibly lame it is to dog it when your team mates and friends are counting on you?

It's not about him not wanting to be here.. I could honestly not care less.. I do care about what he did as a Bengal.. And even if I wasn't a fan of this team I would have no respect for Chad. I would feel the same way about any athlete who left his team hanging over some childish personal shit.
[/quote]

I think he would have got in line real quick if he wasnt allowed to play.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316097273' post='1031317']

I think he would have got in line real quick if he wasnt allowed to play.
[/quote]

Marvin benched him against the Stealers once. It had zero effect.

I know, I know. He should have done more. Chad is blameless.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316096840' post='1031309']

you really shouldn't bother.
[/quote]

Can't help it. See my sig where Calvin is pissing?

Can't stand iddy-its.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316097082' post='1031314']

[b]1. Bench him.[/b]
[b]2. Try to trade him for something (ideally, don't wait three years for this situation to fester).[/b]
[b]3. Cut him.[/b]

Easy. Except for Marvin and soP.
[/quote]

And a player that deserves these kinds of actions deserves your praise and adulation because??? There are plenty of "bad asses" in the NFL that don't act like children, and don't need to be taught not to betray their team mates.

Although I didn't appreciate Dillon throwing his pads in the stands, I never gave that guy 1 ounce of shit for leaving and becoming a Patriot.. I rooted for him to get that SB ring because he deserved it.. Despite how he might have felt about the Bengals and their management, he never gave less than 100% on the field, and he never let down his team mates.

That's the difference between the two. One is a self centered child, the other is a fucking warrior you can go to war with... Dillon may be an asshole, but he can play for my team any fucking day.. Chad.... Chad can go fuck himself.. I would rather have a guy that I can depend on who has marginal talent, than some narcissistic prick with arrested emotional and mental development who doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself.

But maybe that's just me.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316097402' post='1031318']

Marvin benched him against the Stealers once. It had zero effect.

I know, I know. He should have done more. Chad is blameless.

[/quote]

No I've never said Chad is blameless, I blame the organization more. Remember the whole "we cant let the inmates run the asylum" thing Marvin said about Carson?

Archived