hilarious how bad Chad still sucks!

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316097484' post='1031320']

And a player that deserves these kinds of actions deserves your praise and adulation because???
[/quote]

He's the Bengals all time leading receiver. If you don't understand why I root for him, then you're pretty dense.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316097507' post='1031321']

No I've never said Chad is blameless, I blame the organization more. Remember the whole "we cant let the inmates run the asylum" thing Marvin said about Carson?
[/quote]

No you blame the organization entirely. You even said you hope Chad gets a ring.
How are you laying anything on him then?

This is what I see from some posts here.

"I'm Bengals fan but I'm not going to wear any glasses when it comes to this team. I'm going to point out all their flaws.
But I'm also a (insert players name here) fan. And if that player quits or gives less than his best effort, I'll ignore their
faults and go back to pointing out the team's flaws."

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316095389' post='1031292']

Management is to blame for that. Bench his ass. You don't blame the dog for pissing on the rug, you blame the owner for not correcting the issue.
[/quote]

But he has team mates that you're supposed to be ready to give your all for... That's where I lose my respect for Chad... He didn't do what he did for the TEAM!!!!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316097960' post='1031328']

No you blame the organization entirely. You even said you hope Chad gets a ring.
How are you laying anything on him then?

This is what I see from some posts here.

"I'm Bengals fan but I'm not going to wear any glasses when it comes to this team. I'm going to point out all their flaws.
But I'm also a (insert players name here) fan. And if that player quits or gives less than his best effort, I'll ignore their
faults and go back to pointing out the team's flaws."
[/quote]

That's not true. You only remember the bad stuff.

Lots of these dudes complaining on how Chad was handled are in lots of other threads praising other dudes.

Hell, I like Mike Brown, I just don't like the way he has handled Chad and Carson.

Preferences: I hope the Bengals win the bowl, if not, hope favorite players win bowl (Chad, Harrell, Welker, Crabtree, Amendola.... etc, not Baron Batch though)

If it comes down to Patriots vs. Bengals with the Super Bowl on the line, every single person here, no matter what you think, will be on the Bengals side.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316096945' post='1031310']

And some people want to find any excuse they can to "gnash gnash" their teeth about Mike Brown and the organization. How about being objective and actually looking at the reality? Why does Chad need someone to motivate him to caring about his team mates? How do you really even "fix" a guy who doesn't understand how incredibly lame it is to dog it when your team mates and friends are counting on you?

It's not about him not wanting to be here.. I could honestly not care less.. I do care about what he did as a Bengal.. And even if I wasn't a fan of this team I would have no respect for Chad. I would feel the same way about any athlete who left his team hanging over some childish personal shit.
[/quote]

Are we talking about the same Chad that used to sleep in the training room when he first got here? The guy that busted his ass for 4 or 5 years only to watch his "teammates" turn this organization into the criminal laughingstock of the league? The guy that watched coaches and ownership set the bar way too low and accept poor play? The guy that watched the oline turn to shit knowing the one guy who could get him the ball was not protected?

You act as if Chad and the rest of the players play in a bubble, that they don't know how other teams operate, that they think every organization is the same. You act as if there really isn't a good reason that guys want to leave (JoJo) or will bail at the last second to go somewhere else (Donte Whitner).

Most guys that come here are not high quality players or have other issues. Some come because they are long in the tooth and know they will get a bigger LAST paycheck than staying with a better team running out of cap space.

ALL of the NFL players know what is going on, quit pretending they don't. Chad wanted out because he cares about his legacy and wants to win a ring or at least have some success in the playoffs. He knows it will NOT HAPPEN HERE. That doesn't excuse him for being a total douche bag but the problem should have been taken care of years ago.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316097092' post='1031315']

Sorry but the front office had ample opportunities the fix this PROBLEM long before 2011. I am not defending Chad only blaming the real problem and that is Mike Brown and Marvin. And don't give me the Marvin was powerless BS, he could have walked but stayed for the paycheck and let Chad walk all over him. Chad is an ass but the Bengals sure didn't seem to care except for Carson Palmer.
[/quote]

Why did you cut out the part of my post where i discuss that lewis and brown share blame?

Oh, and sf? It was a LONG time ago when he was sleeping in the facility to be ready and prepared. Like, 2005. He lived off that story for years. Lets not pretend he was still doing that from 2007 to the present because it is untrue.

He. Stopped. Putting. Team. First.

Years ago.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316097885' post='1031326']

He's the Bengals all time leading receiver. If you don't understand why I root for him, then you're pretty dense.
[/quote]

Why don't you go fuck yourself? You have become less than entertaining lately.. And frankly your inane mindless babble was pretty much the only thing you had going for you. I think you should go back to doing that, you are better at it.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1316098677' post='1031335']
LOL @ the people in this thread who think Chad needed to be treated like a child. That's pathetic.
[/quote]

This is what people who have never managed anyone say. In real life, you run into all types. Good managers know how to deal with all kinds of personalities.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316098798' post='1031337']

Why don't you go fuck yourself? [b] You have become less than entertaining lately..[/b] And frankly your inane mindless babble was pretty much the only thing you had going for you. I think you should go back to doing that, you are better at it.
[/quote]

Why does everyone keep saying this? I didn't realize I was here to say jokes and shit, I am here to talk Gridiron. NFL style. Hardcorps.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316098798' post='1031337']

Why don't you go fuck yourself? You have become less than entertaining lately.. And frankly your inane mindless babble was pretty much the only thing you had going for you. I think you should go back to doing that, you are better at it.[/quote]

lucid, sois is a lot easier to take if he's on ignore!

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316098657' post='1031333']

Are we talking about the same Chad that used to sleep in the training room when he first got here? The guy that busted his ass for 4 or 5 years only to watch his "teammates" turn this organization into the criminal laughingstock of the league? The guy that watched coaches and ownership set the bar way too low and accept poor play? The guy that watched the oline turn to shit knowing the one guy who could get him the ball was not protected?

You act as if Chad and the rest of the players play in a bubble, that they don't know how other teams operate, that they think every organization is the same. You act as if there really isn't a good reason that guys want to leave (JoJo) or will bail at the last second to go somewhere else (Donte Whitner).

Most guys that come here are not high quality players or have other issues. Some come because they are long in the tooth and know they will get a bigger LAST paycheck than staying with a better team running out of cap space.

ALL of the NFL players know what is going on, quit pretending they don't. Chad wanted out because he cares about his legacy and wants to win a ring or at least have some success in the playoffs. He knows it will NOT HAPPEN HERE. That doesn't excuse him for being a total douche bag but the problem should have been taken care of years ago.
[/quote]

You sure seem to be assigning a lot of "actions" to me I haven't actually exhibited.. Show me once where I said ANYTHING bad about Joseph leaving.. Or any player for that matter... Show me where I ever intimated pretty much ANYTHING you attribute to me in that entire post.

Like I said, I rooted for Dillon when he went to NE. I don't give him or Chad any sympathy for the time they spent here.. They signed the fucking contract extension that kept them here. And Dillon played for a team that was FAR more of a joke than any team Chad had to be a part of.. He still never dogged it on the field and betrayed his team mates.

I loved Chad Johnson... But he isn't really the guy I thought he was. Anyone who does what he did is missing a key part of what is to be a competitor and a true champion. He has no heart. Don't you think those "bad" Bengal teams chad was on might have been better if their supposed best offensive weapon was actually trying?

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1316098672' post='1031334']
Why did you cut out the part of my post where i discuss that lewis and brown share blame?

Oh, and sf? It was a LONG time ago when he was sleeping in the facility to be ready and prepared. Like, 2005. He lived off that story for years. Lets not pretend he was still doing that from 2007 to the present because it is untrue.

He. Stopped. Putting. Team. First.

Years ago.
[/quote]
Well, when you give 100% and the rest of the team doesn't or it isn't expected of you, almost all players will play down to expectations.

How many of you guys ever did two a days? How many of you stayed after it was over and did even MORE to be the best? Better yet, how many of your teammates did? Thats right, players PLAY UP AND DOWN TO EXPECTATIONS. That is why GREAT coaches are so valuable. That is why guys like Lombardi, Bryant, Hayes, Wooden and Bud Wilkinson are considered gods. They didn't expect ANYTHING, they DEMANDED it. Our coaches have NEVER demanded shit like they do at other organizations. And lets stop with the , "they are professional athletes,they should not have to be motivated to do ....." Nonsense.

Chad is living the nightmare of finally being held to an EXTREMELY high standard. He is expected to know the plays to perfection, give 100% and be a TRUE teammate. The punishment for not reaching this level of play is watching the greatest show on turf from the bench most of the game.

This was never DEMANDED of him here period. If he doesn't reach the bar, he could get his walking papers, that how the Patriots roll. Just ask Randy Moss what happens when you put yourself first there. No hand wringing, just released his ass onto the pavement. That would never happen here.

I like Chad and the way he approached the game earlier in his career. He gave it his all. I will always root for him to do well. He did a lot of good for this organization and was the only player who actually got national attention and drew positive attention to the team. Like Doc said this morning on the radio.....Chad played hard here and to act like this is a much better team without him is kind of crazy. He went to the probowl six times. 5 more than Whit and 6 more than Ced, the two players who said this is a better team without him. You can't deny his talent.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316099165' post='1031343']

You sure seem to be assigning a lot of "actions" to me I haven't actually exhibited.. Show me once where I said ANYTHING bad about Joseph leaving.. Or any player for that matter... Show me where I ever intimated pretty much ANYTHING you attribute to me in that entire post.

Like I said, I rooted for Dillon when he went to NE. I don't give him or Chad any sympathy for the time they spent here.. They signed the fucking contract extension that kept them here. And Dillon played for a team that was FAR more of a joke than any team Chad had to be a part of.. He still never dogged it on the field and betrayed his team mates.

I loved Chad Johnson... But he isn't really the guy I thought he was. Anyone who does what he did is missing a key part of what is to be a competitor and a true champion. He has no heart. Don't you think those "bad" Bengal teams chad was on might have been better if their supposed best offensive weapon was actually trying?
[/quote]
The whole quote isn't aimed at you. I totally agree with your perspective of Chad. My point is great organizations would have stopped Chad "Ochocinco" long before it got to the point of it being a circus.

Players play up to expectations and our organization has always set the bar low.

EDIT: Totally agree with Dillon. He and James Brooks are my favorite past Bengals. Cory was totally wasted here and was the only reason I went to games in the late 90s early 00s. Chad did not take the classy route to show his displeasure but Carson DID and what did it get him? Cory was a rare bread. Gave 100% even when the team was pure garbage UNTIL THE LAST SEASON. Even a guy like Cory had his limits.

Could the bad Bengals teams Chad was on been better if he gave 100%? Hard to say, you have to have talent in the NFL to win and we lacked talent on those teams. Could have been a bit better at the WR position but the NFL is about position coaches making their little group of players GREAT.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316098657' post='1031333']You act as if Chad and the rest of the players play in a bubble, that they don't know how other teams operate, that they think every organization is the same. You act as if there really isn't a good reason that guys want to leave (JoJo) or will bail at the last second to go somewhere else (Donte Whitner).[/quote]

Why did Hall and Whitworth sign extensions here? They could get large contracts with any team in FA.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1316100820' post='1031350']

Why did Hall and Whitworth sign extensions here? They could get large contracts with any team in FA.
[/quote]
Nonsense. Many teams are already at or near the salary cap. Yeah, there are some teams out there that have money but both players can get more here considering how much space ( a shitload) we have. Keep in mind we had planned to pay Carson this year and resign JoJo so that was money we did NOT expect to have. We did get some decent FAs out of the deal since teams had to make space to sign franchise players.

I guess what I'm getting at is it doesnt seem to bother people that there was this "will chad be able to exist in the patriots way" type of stuff to which he said he would. Why is there not a "bengals way" in which this stuff isnt allowed to exist?

That bothers the hell out of me.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316101710' post='1031354']
I guess what I'm getting at is it doesnt seem to bother people that there was this "will chad be able to exist in the patriots way" type of stuff to which he said he would. Why is there not a "bengals way" in which this stuff isnt allowed to exist?

[/quote]
Great Point.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316101710' post='1031354']

[/quote]

Sure. Me too. I would be stunned to find thise that feel differently. Maybe, belatedly, marvin is finally instilling that like i thought he would back in 2003. Maybe it will be easier to do that without chad. Whit and ced are saying as much.

At any rate, i still find the revisionist history with chad perplexing. From 2003 to 2006, a beast. With warts (playoff in 2005 chief among them). But when end zone shenanigans started, and the ocho persona, and the endless self-promotion, it was a gradual toxin to the team. He owns that, as does his coach and the owner.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1316102171' post='1031357']
Sure. Me too. I would be stunned to find thise that feel differently. Maybe, belatedly, marvin is finally instilling that like i thought he would back in 2003. Maybe it will be easier to do that without chad. Whit and ced are saying as much.

At any rate, i still find the revisionist history witj chad perplexing. From 2003 to 2006, a beast. Witj warts (playoff in 2005 chief among them). But when end zone shenanigans started, and the ocho persona, and the endless self-promotion, it was a gradual toxin to the team. [color=#ff0000]He owns that, as does his [b]coach and the owner.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I completely agree with that, I just dont see a few folks putting any of it on the coach or owner.

Archived