hilarious how bad Chad still sucks!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316217076' post='1031965']

Bash on Chad in one post, when he was a Bengal. And Bash on the Bengals in another
when Chad's not a Bengal. Or was that fans here that you were bashing on?

I probably should have also posted the post you made back in January about going to go root for the Eagles too, huh?
And saying shit about Mike Brown.

Seems like all you want to do is talk shit about the Bengals or their players, dude.

Your post are the true definition of a troll, dude. And that won't be accepted here, dude.

I don't think anyone will miss you, dude.

[b]Also, I wish to God this site allowed me to see who gave you positive rep for that shit.[/b]

I do everything in my power to help fans here and this site. You've made 23 fucking posts
and a few of them have been pretty worthless. Yet, I'm as much of a troll as you'll ever be?
And someone actually put the effort into it to give you "props" for saying that?

Seriously, fuck you whoever did that. And fuck you whoever will do it after this post.
[/quote]

That exists, I told go to add that to this forum. Cause I always run out of plus ones, this would be cool to have instead.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316212427' post='1031936']

One last time. Marvin benched Chad for a Stealers game once. Remember? It had zero effect.
Marvin got on to Chad quite a bit in the media. It had zero effect. I'm sure Marvin had plenty to
say to Chad in private. It had zero effect. Chad is an attention whore. Cincy is a small market team.
Chad went to a team that is in a big market, that is a media darling.

Still, yet, here you are bashing on Marvin for not benching a player such as Chad. Then out of the
other side of your mouth you say Chad is one of your favorite players. You wish him well. You'd like
to see him win a ring. Why is it that he gets no bashing? All he gets is your well wishes.
[/quote]

I'll give my honest answer to that question, Old. I wish him well and hope he gets a ring because he was the first player in a long time to bring some flash to Cincinnati. He damn near broke all receiving records, he was in the pro-bowl damn near every year. And on top of all of that, he took an enjoyable Bengals game watching experience and turned it into an exciting experience. He gave this team some swagger and put a dead ass team on the front page. A media darling if you will. God bless him. I don't agree with everything he did towards the end, but I'm not going to hate on him for it. He brought way more good times than bad. I think Carson's departure says tons about problems that this team has. It's not right to lay all the blame on 85. He wasn't an angel but her surely wasn't the root of all evil that some make him out to be.
MULLY

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316215077' post='1031950']

There's probably one or two players on that team that even owns a Super Bowl ring.
They haven't won one since 2004.
Try again.

Oh and who considers it beneath them?
[/quote]
He said Championship rings. They did get an AFC Championship ring a few years back... and a trophy.

I can't believe this thread is so long. Chad was good (with reservations) I'm really glad he's gone - we need old school football players, not divas - Tedy is not so far off - why don't you all just forget about Chad (wifm) and just move on with Bengals Football - I'm trying to be nice here.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316206957' post='1031880']

On Wednesday night, Ochocinco put on a show. [b]By his own admission, he practiced harder than he has in at least four years (“No doubt,” he said, without hesitation).[/b]

The challenge of pleasing his new coach and quarterback is evident. The greater issue is that Ochocinco is finally with a team where winning is an expectation, not a foreign concept.

“It’s everything,” Ochocinco said, “not just what you see on the field, it’s how we work in meetings. Every little thing has to be right or you’re getting ripped. Everybody gets ripped, even Tom [Brady], me, everybody. In Cincinnati, nobody ever said anything to Carson [Palmer]. Not here, because that’s the expectation. I love it. They expect perfection. You don’t hear the coaches saying, ‘Good play.’ That’s what you’re supposed to do.”

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole-haynesworth_ochocinco_patriots_080411"]http://sports.yahoo....patriots_080411[/url]
[/quote]
[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316207070' post='1031882']

Yeah see I take that as nobody pushed him like they do in NE.
[/quote]

Sorry about that.. I guess that's the article. I started trying to find it yesterday, and then sure enough, just as a I bragged about my job, I got slammed and couldn't really fuck with it. I still contend that he meant he wasn't trying here, whether that's what he realized he was saying or not. I find it strange the mention of "4 years" by the reporter supposedly asking the question, Why 4 years? What happened 4 years ago that would mean he wasn't practicing as hard as before that?

Marvin was still the coach, and he has known only one OC, From all accounts I have read/heard from people outside the organization is that Marvin runs a pretty demanding practice and training camp.. From what I gather it's one of the tougher programs going.. Supposedly he has lightened it up a little to try and reduce the injury bug that has plagued us, but as far as I can tell, it's not cupcake.

Why 4 years? You would think if it was systemic it would have been longer than that, 4 years seems personal.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316261468' post='1032027']

Why 4 years? You would think if it was systemic it would have been longer than that, 4 years seems personal.
[/quote]

Pics from 4 years ago ...

[img]http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/chad_johnson2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.blackknightassociation.com/Images/chad%20johnson.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2010/08/12/ochocincox-large.jpg[/img]

[img]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/images/06/11/johnson_clicks.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316261468' post='1032027']

Sorry about that.. I guess that's the article. I started trying to find it yesterday, and then sure enough, just as a I bragged about my job, I got slammed and couldn't really fuck with it. I still contend that he meant he wasn't trying here, whether that's what he realized he was saying or not. I find it strange the mention of "4 years" by the reporter supposedly asking the question, Why 4 years? What happened 4 years ago that would mean he wasn't practicing as hard as before that?

Marvin was still the coach, and he has known only one OC, From all accounts I have read/heard from people outside the organization is that Marvin runs a pretty demanding practice and training camp.. From what I gather it's one of the tougher programs going.. Supposedly he has lightened it up a little to try and reduce the injury bug that has plagued us, but as far as I can tell, it's not cupcake.

[/quote]

Then why talk about how the Pats run things? That's why I disagree.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1316190231' post='1031709']

See I kind of take it to mean that he hadnt been pushed here like he has been in NE. I dont know that one could argue that he hasnt worked looking at the offseason training videos he has posted, now one may argue that he hasnt worked with his teammates and I'd agree. But I took those comments to mean there were different levels of expectations between the clubs.
[/quote]

In my opinion, a professional shouldn't have to be pushed. He should be busting balls every day to get better. If you're playing at that level and can't motivate yourself, there's a far larger problem than the coaching staff and/or organization.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1316270628' post='1032065']
In my opinion, a professional shouldn't have to be pushed. He should be busting balls every day to get better. If you're playing at that level and can't motivate yourself, there's a far larger problem than the coaching staff and/or organization.
[/quote]

Ok but that dynamic does exist.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1316270628' post='1032065']
[/quote]

:41:

Just seeing those pictures reminds me how exciting he was to watch on and off the field. I was at the game where he came out with the Ocho Cinco nameplate. He made being a Bengals fan extremely fun. No matter how big of a dickbag he turned into, he made our team a lot more enjoyable to watch.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316273004' post='1032072']
Just seeing those pictures reminds me how exciting he was to watch on and off the field. I was at the game where he came out with the Ocho Cinco nameplate. He made being a Bengals fan extremely fun. No matter how big of a dickbag he turned into, he made our team a lot more enjoyable to watch.
[/quote]

I disagree. I NEVER liked that shit.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1316273803' post='1032074']

[/quote]

I didn't have a problem with his celebrations until the jacket. Up until then, none of his celebrations were about himself. The jacket was premature and epitomizes what he could have been, and at the same time what he likely never will be at this point.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316274923' post='1032078']

I didn't have a problem with his celebrations until the jacket. Up until then, none of his celebrations were about himself. The jacket was premature and epitomizes what he could have been, and at the same time what he likely never will be at this point.
[/quote]

Sometimes I think he may not get into the HOF because of that celebration!

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1316273803' post='1032074']

[/quote]
To each his own.

I think his own talking motivated him. He couldn't let himself down after he talked. I think it worked well for him the first couple of years. Just unfortunate his team had no defense to fall back on or he would have had some playoff wins.

I obviously haven't read through the entire thread (it's at 400 something responses), but I think Chad's being criticized too quickly. he just got into camp a couple of weeks ago. it's no different than the TO/Bengals experiment last season. TO's play picked up as the yr went on as well. they trade for him as a dominant #1 WR at this point in his career. just as a quality contrubitor

[quote name='bengalsfan2011' timestamp='1316284908' post='1032118']
I obviously haven't read through the entire thread (it's at 400 something responses), but I think Chad's being criticized too quickly. he just got into camp a couple of weeks ago. it's no different than the TO/Bengals experiment last season. TO's play picked up as the yr went on as well. they trade for him as a dominant #1 WR at this point in his career. just as a quality contrubitor
[/quote]

And another illustration that people aren't piece parts like in video games.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316217076' post='1031965']

Bash on Chad in one post, when he was a Bengal. And Bash on the Bengals in another
when Chad's not a Bengal. Or was that fans here that you were bashing on?

I probably should have also posted the post you made back in January about going to go root for the Eagles too, huh?
And saying shit about Mike Brown.

Seems like all you want to do is talk shit about the Bengals or their players, dude.

Your post are the true definition of a troll, dude. And that won't be accepted here, dude.

I don't think anyone will miss you, dude.

Also, I wish to God this site allowed me to see who gave you positive rep for that shit.

I do everything in my power to help fans here and this site. You've made 23 fucking posts
and a few of them have been pretty worthless. Yet, I'm as much of a troll as you'll ever be?
And someone actually put the effort into it to give you "props" for saying that?

Seriously, fuck you whoever did that. And fuck you whoever will do it after this post.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're a troll, and lets face it, most any post about something as frivolous as a friggin' football team is pretty worthless by definition. So if I make you mad, pat your ass and get glad, 'cause your fulminating and fuming doesn't phase anybody but you.

Archived