JERK Line

Anyone use this in the past? We have had season tickets for 8 years and moved a few rows closer to the field this year. We were excited until we started watching the game Sunday. Evidently the guy behind us thinks the defense actually relies on him to pound the ever loving crap out of the back of my seat, even if I am sitting in it. I know the dude is a season ticket holder as well but this is just BS. He is a loud obnoxious idiot that literally tries to break the backs of chairs as he chants "defense". I am really torn as to whether or not I should report him. I asked him nicely not to hit my chair and he just kept going. I could care less if he hit the chairs in his own row.

Thoughts??? What would you do in this situation?

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1317223426' post='1037477']
Anyone use this in the past? We have had season tickets for 8 years and moved a few rows closer to the field this year. We were excited until we started watching the game Sunday. Evidently the guy behind us thinks the defense actually relies on him to pound the ever loving crap out of the back of my seat, even if I am sitting in it. I know the dude is a season ticket holder as well but this is just BS. He is a loud obnoxious idiot that literally tries to break the backs of chairs as he chants "defense". I am really torn as to whether or not I should report him. I asked him nicely not to hit my chair and he just kept going. I could care less if he hit the chairs in his own row.

Thoughts??? What would you do in this situation?
[/quote]
You spent your hard earned money, you asked him politely to stop... game on.

Some idiots will continue to be idiots unless it's blatantly proven to them that it's not okay to be so.

I say you ask him one more time to clap, bang on his own chair, or pay you full ticket price for the use of yours. After that, call the jerk line.

Making noise for the defense doesn't mean it's cool to use the seat you pay for to do it.

I promise I clap and yell louder than wangs slapping a seat anyway.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1317223941' post='1037480']
If you asked and he still did it, then fuck him.
[/quote]
[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1317224312' post='1037481']

Some idiots will continue to be idiots unless it's blatantly proven to them that it's not okay to be so.
[/quote]

These two... you gave him a chance to quit being a jackass last week. He continued.

You paid good money to have those seats - no reason to accept some idiot ruining your experience. Report his ass.

He was about 7 rows in front of us the past 2 seasons so I knew he existed.....I could tell he was on the obnoxious side even then......I tried to strike up a conversation at half time and he seemed ok.....I sat down a couple times and he actually clapped my arm resting on the seat back.....he thinks he is really cool and that is what is kind of funny about it.....the ironic thing about the entire deal is that our seats were probably available this year because he annoyed the living shit out of the people last year and they moved or either cxld season tickets.....thanks for the feed back......

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1317227563' post='1037498']
He was about 7 rows in front of us the past 2 seasons so I knew he existed.....I could tell he was on the obnoxious side even then......I tried to strike up a conversation at half time and he seemed ok.....I sat down a couple times and he actually clapped my arm resting on the seat back.....he thinks he is really cool and that is what is kind of funny about it.....the ironic thing about the entire deal is that our seats were probably available this year because he annoyed the living shit out of the people last year and they moved or either cxld season tickets.....thanks for the feed back......
[/quote]
I would tell him plain and simple — "Stop smacking my chair or I will call the jerk line." Any response other than "Sorry, didn't realize I was annoying you." gives you complete license to report his ass without any guilt for turning in a "fellow fan". Your section will thank you.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1317224312' post='1037481']

[/quote]

What he said X2. [b] Game on[/b]. This has happened in the past and the individuals who were season ticket holders lost their seats because of repeated (at least 3 times that I am aware of) abuse by people in their seats. If it is already a season ticket holder the process will be alot easier IMHO to get rid of them if the behavior repeats itself. However, if you have never reported them before then you will have to "deal" with this for a few more times of banging on seat and calling Jerk Line before anything is done.

Or... you could get there early and spread vegetable oil all over his seat or something else...

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1317223426' post='1037477']
Evidently the guy behind us thinks the defense actually relies on him to pound the ever loving crap out of the back of my seat, even if I am sitting in it
[/quote]
My first thought is why are you sitting when the defense is on the field anyways.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1317232775' post='1037524']
Or... you could get there early and spread vegetable oil all over his seat or something else...
[/quote]

Use honey - that is sticky as shit and he will never get it off.

Im willing to bet if you called the jerk line because I guy is cheering to loud, that they would laugh at you. Best thing to do is ask him to stop pounding on the back of your chair. If that doesn't work, switch your wife seats

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1317235717' post='1037546']
He probably doesn't want to work. He just wants to bang on the seat all day.
[/quote]

Nice

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1317245056' post='1037595']
Im willing to bet if you called the jerk line because I guy is cheering to loud, that they would laugh at you. Best thing to do is ask him to stop pounding on the back of your chair. If that doesn't work, switch your wife seats

Nice
[/quote]

He isn't complaining that the guy is cheering too loud. He is complaining that he is banging on his seat. And he already asked him to stop and he didn't, plus I am sure his wife doesn't want to deal with some belligerent ass banging on her seat either.

Reading comprehension is key.

Archived