Bengals softening stance on Palmer? Raiders pushing ‘hard’ for Palmer trade

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318506940' post='1044575']
[b]I never got the opportunity to do what I could have done[/b] but I've had an opportunity most people never get."

Read more: [url="http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/bengals/Forget-trade-deadline#ixzz1af5Dl0YK"]http://www.wcpo.com/...e#ixzz1af5Dl0YK[/url]

[/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1318510336' post='1044593']

irony, but ok
[/quote]

No irony at all. I have told you the name of the guy that said that shit about Carson's Wife.
And Carson isn't saying much of anything. But he sure as hell isn't going to mention his
Wife's name regardless.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1318509364' post='1044585']

Play for a West Coast team? You're probably right. Play for a team with a badass defense, an out of this world receiver focused on football, a great tight end, a running game, and a schedule hand picked to send you into the playoffs? You had that opportunity.

I don't feel sorry for people with tens of millions of dollars, who make informed decisions about their own lives. I can't imagine anyone should.
[/quote]

That "never got the opportunity" quote makes me want to throw up. Really, Carson?

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1318509762' post='1044589']
Palmer dicked all of his fans. Kind of a dickish thing to do. I hope they make the playoffs this year and win just to rub it in Carson's face.
[/quote]

That has been my hope all summer and fall. And I'd like to see it rubbed in Chad's face, as well. I've been waiting and wishing for 35 years to see this team raise a Lombardi trophy, but to have them do it in the next year or two would be sweeter than ever. The only thing that would make it better would be for the network carrying the game to cut away to a shot of Carson's and Chad's faces while the celebration was going on.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318509737' post='1044587']
Palmer said as he went on to talk about hypotheticals. "If I don't play again, I don't. If I do, I do.

Glad to see his heart's still in it ...
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318484760' post='1044552']
Also, why the hell isn't soP suing every dude he cut for their signing bonus back? Why isn't he suing Coles for his bonus? Cause it's a signing bonus.

Don't you think soP would sue CP if he could? That means he can't.

BOOM. ROASTED!
[/quote]

Why would anyone think that Mike Brown could sue for a signing bonus of a player that he cut?

Kurt Warner's signing bonus situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/29/no-word-on-whether-warner-will-pay-back-signing-bonus-money/

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1318513276' post='1044606']

Why would anyone think that Mike Brown could sue for a signing bonus of a player that he cut?

Kurt Warner's signing bonus situation

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/29/no-word-on-whether-warner-will-pay-back-signing-bonus-money/"]http://profootballta...ng-bonus-money/[/url]
[/quote]

Um, you guys do. You say that if a dude doesn't complete his contract, the employer has a right to the prorated bonus.

Also, Warner's situations looks like a roster bonus, not a signing bonus. [url="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cardinals-protected-on-bonus-if-Warner-retires.html"]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cardinals-protected-on-bonus-if-Warner-retires.html[/url]

LMAO, You know what Carson, we gave you 18 months to get ready for your opportunity. Yeah, we let Jon Kitna lead this team to an 8-8 season with the 28th ranked defense so you could learn the trade. Thats right, Jon Kitna ALMOST got us to the playoffs with a really shitty defense. The offense was [b]13th[/b].

So after sitting the bench in 2003 and pocketing $17 million dollars for your first year ($10 mil signing bonus, $7 mil 2003 clipboard holding salary) what the fuck did you do? Well, we had the [b]18th[/b] ranked offense after you, the Heisman Trophy winning golden boy from Californina, stepped in and played worse than Kitna. Reality is you went 6-7 not playing in the last 3 games. The defense was better that year at 19th. The reality is Kitna probably gets the 2004 team to the playoffs. [b] But of course, everything being done was FOR YOU, you know, YOUR OPPORTUNITY.[/b]

The next year you led us to the playoffs and had a great season. The idea you didn't get the OPPORTUNITY is laughable. Look at Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers. [b]Young did not become the starter in San Francisco until he was 30 years old.[/b] 30!!!! Rodgers had to wait 3 years before he became the starter and he had to replace a legend, you had to replace Jon Kitna.

You were given an entire year to get ready and had a playoff caliber team handed to you. Andy Dalton wishes he had it so good.

And as far as Barry Sanders is concerned (and LOL at certain posters)

[quote]

Barry Sanders has formally offered to repay his signing bonus if the Detroit Lions will release or trade him this season, according to his agent. The Lions have refused.
David Ware, one of Sanders' representatives, said that he renewed the request on Monday. Sanders announced his retirement in July.
Asked if this is a signal that Sanders still wants to play in the NFL, Ware said Tuesday, "I think he's ready to consider it, in the right situation. But the right situation is not the Detroit Lions. His career is finished there."
Sanders "definitely would return," if the Lions would accommodate him, a source close to the running back said.
"We're trying to get him back on the football field, where he belongs," Ware said.
But his father, William Sanders, told the Associated Press that his son hasn't indicated whether he'll come back to football. "I was hoping he'd never quit," he said. "I don't know what he's going to do. ... I keep my fingers crossed."
The Lions filed a formal grievance last week to recover a $5.4 million share of the $11 million signing bonus they gave Sanders two years ago on a new five-year contract.
Sanders did not collect a $1.7 million deferred payment due this fall on the original bonus. The club contends it has contract language that specifically requires Sanders to repay a prorated portion of his bonus for any of the years he does not play.
"We think this thing could go either way with an arbitrator," Ware said. "The fact that the Lions have pursued this course has burned any bridge, any possibility, that he would return to the club. But Barry will write the check right now if they'll let him go or trade him."
Ware said Sanders' request has been made to three Lions officials, including club owner William Clay Ford.
"They've told us that if Barry ever plays again, he'll play for the Lions or nobody," Ware said. "That's not going to happen, so we're offering a pretty good deal: More than $5 million, plus they can get compensation for him."
Sanders was unavailable, but Ware said, "Barry has signed off on this."
The Lions would not confirm whether Ware had contacted them on this matter.
"Our positions remains the same -- that we honored his retirement wishes and we expected the repayment of the prorated portion," Lions spokesman Bill Keenist said Tuesday.
Chuck Schmidt, the Lions' chief operating officer, told the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News that the Lions will not trade Sanders. "When Barry signed that contract, everybody agreed he would retire a Detroit Lion," Schmidt said. William Sanders told AP he doesn't blame the Lions for taking the stand they have. "I wouldn't release him either if I had a Barry Sanders on a contract," he said.[/quote]

And here's why the Bengals aren't going after Palmers signing bonus

[quote]Since all of Palmer’s signing bonus money has been counted toward years he has played under his current deal, which runs through 2014, Palmer could retire without having to forfeit to the Bengals any money that he previously has received.[/quote]

Needless to say, if that weren't the case, Mike Brown would have the right to go after signing bonus money.

But I thought Old said Barry Sanders didn't ask to be traded?

Seems like the exact same stance.

Wow, you bitches are arguing for an evil corporation. This is insane, why don't you guys go throw on some riot gear and fire hose some Occupy Wall Street hippies while you are at it?

Man I hope we trade Palmer for something worthwhile....and so we can stop the madness with these threads!
C'mon Mikey...pull the trigger! Show us all how you were just holding out for the right deal from some other team and get busy raping them!

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318514014' post='1044617']
But I thought Old said Barry Sanders didn't ask to be traded?

Seems like the exact same stance.

Wow, you bitches are arguing for an evil corporation. This is insane, why don't you guys go throw on some riot gear and fire hose some Occupy Wall Street hippies while you are at it?
[/quote]

When he retired, he wasn't asking for a trade. Period.
Only after the Lions went after his signing bonus did his Agent, who himself said "he never once said anything about wanting to be traded", played that card.

And fuck you and the bitches and evil corporation bullshit.

Carson Palmer is a lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless,
dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit!

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Fuck him and fuck you too.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1318514504' post='1044621']
Man I hope we trade Palmer for something worthwhile....and so we can stop the madness with these threads!
[/quote]

I would love to see us trade him for a few reasons.

So I could root against him and watch him fail. So I could root against his team in hopes
of a higher draft pick from his new team. So Sois would go to another board and follow his hero.

I don't care if they trade him for one reason.

So Jamie and Sois has something to bitch about and I can laugh at them.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318514632' post='1044622']

When he retired, he wasn't asking for a trade. Period.
Only after the Lions went after his signing bonus did his Agent, who himself said "he never once said anything about wanting to be traded", played that card.

And fuck you and the bitches and evil corporation bullshit.

Carson Palmer is a lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless,
dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit!

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Fuck him and fuck you too.
[/quote]

Quoting the Clark Griswold rant is top shelf!
[media]http://vimeo.com/8383465[/media]

If something has Palmer in the title, it's almost a certainty that it will hit almost 10 pages.

Just trade him and be done with it Mike. We don't need Carson's ghost around here anymore. We have our man. I'm sure even the team would feel better once he is gone..for good.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1318515371' post='1044630']If something has Palmer in the title, it's almost a certainty that it will hit almost 10 pages. Just trade him and be done with it Mike. We don't need Carson's ghost around here anymore. We have our man. I'm sure even the team would feel better once he is gone..for good.[/quote]

I have been saying the same thing for a while. I know lots of folks are pissed about Carson. But QB's tend to stay around too long, not leave too early.

If the team wasn't at the point to find his replacement it was close. I think we should condsider ourselves lucky we didnt have to go through a Favre-Rogers or Montana-Young drama situation.

Let Carson go. Get rid of the ghost. Move on Mike, its time.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1318516208' post='1044638']

I suggest entitled Carson has too.
[/quote]

Carson worked for everything he got. Worked for his scholly, worked for his Heisman, worked for his draft position, worked for his contract extensions...

Seems to me the only dude who thinks he hit a triple but was actually born on 3rd base is soP.

I would bet my soul that soP made promises he didn't keep. I'd want out too.

GO CARSON!!!

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318516349' post='1044639']

Carson worked for everything he got. Worked for his scholly, worked for his Heisman, worked for his draft position, worked for his contract extensions...

Seems to me the only dude who thinks he hit a triple but was actually born on 3rd base is soP.

I would bet my soul that soP made promises he didn't keep. I'd want out too.

GO CARSON!!!
[/quote]

We're arguing over the rich and famous and both hold those titles. It makes your blue collar argument look silly.

Archived