Jerome Simpson Signs with Vikings, Suspended 3 Games to Start Season

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1333511172' post='1115294']
Someone did research and for a number two receiver, [b]Jerome was pretty high for the number two receiver. [/b]

[/quote]

That probably explains a lot of his inconsistency.
Along with the fact that he is as dumb as a bag of hammers.
:ph34r:

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1333511172' post='1115294']Someone did research and for a number two receiver, Jerome was pretty high for the number two receiver.
[/quote]

If he and Sam Hurd had been teammates, I can pretty much guarantee that he would have been a higher #2 receiver.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1333510647' post='1115290']
We aren't getting Torrey Smith, A.J. Green, or Julio Jones with pick 17 or 21.

and Greg Little had more drops than Jerome last year.
[/quote]

no, but if they chose that route I think Floyd or Jeffery could match Simpson's numbers. Maybe even Wright.

I like Simpson, and would like to see him back. I've been one of his biggest supporters. I just don't see it happening with the length of suspension he's likely to get. If he somehow gets off easy, I see him back.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1333498518' post='1115228']
I never actually considered him going to another team. I bet he comes back here with their offer (after he gets sentenced) and we match, both being minimal.
[/quote]

I believe you will be correct.

[b] [size=6]Despite recent felony conviction, Jerome Simpson visits the Rams[/size][/b]

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 4, 2012, 6:55 AM EDT

Free agent receiver [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4859/jerome-simpson"]Jerome Simpson[/url] recently [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/jerome-simpson-pleads-guilty-to-felony-drug-charge/"]pleaded guilty to a felony drug charge[/url], but he’s not being shunned in the NFL.

The [i]St. Louis Post-Dispatch[/i] reports that [url="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-talking-to-wr-jerome-simpson/article_1fba05f9-5f5e-5ddb-a57f-1ffd92be684f.html#ixzz1r4Fb3s2J"]Simpson will work out for the Rams today[/url], then head to court in Kentucky tomorrow, where he’ll be sentenced after pleading guilty to charges stemming from the delivery of a package of marijuana to his house.

The good news for Simpson is that he’s expected to do no more than 60 days behind bars, which means he’ll be out in plenty of time for training camp. And if his workout goes well, the Rams may be ready to have him at camp.

What we don’t know is whether Simpson will be available at the start of the season. He is expected to be suspended by the NFL, probably for multiple games.
A second-round pick of the Bengals in 2008, Simpson is coming off a solid season in which he caught 50 passes for 725 yards and four touchdowns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/04/despite-recent-felony-conviction-jerome-simpson-visits-the-rams/

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1333542097' post='1115337']
I'm just not real high on Jerome Simpson.
[/quote]

I'm pretty high on Simpson.

Let me be blunt.

I think a lot of people here think he's a dope and want him to be stoned to death.

I think he is the perfect WR to joint with AJ Green. They seem like they are buds.

And if he does sign with the Rams, we will be jonesing for a new #2. Not to be confused with a 420.

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1333542097' post='1115337']
I'm just not real high on Jerome Simpson.[/quote]

Not real "high" on him either.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1333541927' post='1115333']

I believe you will be correct.[/quote]

IF we draft a WR in the the 1st or 2nd, I expect him gone, long gone.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1333539163' post='1115318']

no, but if they chose that route I think Floyd or Jeffery could match Simpson's numbers. Maybe even Wright.[/quote]

I expect that given the chance there are about 4 or 5 receivers in the draft who could do that this year. Some are even on our roster right now not named Simpson.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1333499572' post='1115235']
I hear St. Louis has some good weed.

What if Jerome is put on probation where he can't leave the state of Kentucky?
[/quote]

Wont happen, he will get work permits.

Also Simpson is an athletic monster not bringing him back would be beyond stupid, especially when we'll get him for the veteran minimum, plus a bunch of incentives.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1333533421' post='1115310']

I wouldn't want my #1 WR to be a guy that had zero catches for zero yards against my #1 rival for the season. Jerome might as well have stayed in the locker room against that Steelers.
[/quote]
Chad did the same routine

:shrug:

I'd be interested to see his targets. Andy only completed 26 passes in both games combined against them. Unless the name is Floyd or Blackmon, they aren't going to have the same impact this year. They could end up doing the same thing Jerome did for the first few years.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1333546836' post='1115372']
He was going to go visit the Rams, but then he got high.
[/quote]

Now he's got no job and going to jail and I know why. Cause he got high, cause he got high, cause he got high.

Anyways I still an hoping we bring him back. I think he hasn't come close to reaching his potential yet.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1333509918' post='1115284']
Wow... and i bet your one of them fags that get all happy when jerome makes a good catch for us on 3rd down and say u want to cut him the next week...[/quote]

Watch your mouth who you are calling a fag there little man,I bet your one of those fags that takes it in the ass like a punk bitch

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1333544788' post='1115354']

Let me be blunt.

I think a lot of people here think he's a dope and want him to be stoned to death.

I think he is the perfect WR to joint with AJ Green. They seem like they are buds.

And if he does sign with the Rams, we will be jonesing for a new #2. Not to be confused with a 420.
[/quote]

+1

Well done, my friend. I give it the highest grade... and that's not a toke(n) recommendation.

Let me be blunt.

[/quote]

Just to be clear, which Simpson are you reefering to?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1333556610' post='1115448']
Not to Re-[b]hash[/b] on the subject, but you guys do realize that even with Simpson missing some game checks he will probably make as much if not more than a rookie who plays a full year?
[/quote]

Hope not, I think his career already is going to pot. If you weed through the posts on here, you will find a lot of people feel the same way.

Let me be blunt.

[/quote]

Doobie more clear, sir.

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1333557640' post='1115457']

Doobie more, clear, sir.
[/quote]

I couldn't be more clear even if I bathed in Windex.

I'm not going to re-hash it. I have to run an errand for my woman, Mary Jane.
My day of relaxing has gone Up in Smoke.

[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' timestamp='1333549891' post='1115393']
Watch your mouth who you are calling a fag there little man,I bet your one of those fags that takes it in the ass like a punk bitch
[/quote]

Is it possible to take it in the ass and not be like a punk bitch?

"Take it like a man, bitch!"

Archived