2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350310407' post='1170914']
I never really played them much, but lastnight's episode reminded me of the game Doom, roaming through dark, complex hallways where things can jump out at you at any moment.
[/quote]

Yeah, it definitely had a video game feel at times & I doubt it was accidental.

[spoiler] I like how they finally seem to have armed themselves heavily and learned a few basic tactical skills. What I don't understand is why they needed to amputate Herschel's leg. I thought everyone was already infected?[/spoiler]

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1350522000' post='1171817']
Yeah, it definitely had a video game feel at times & I doubt it was accidental.

[spoiler] I like how they finally seem to have armed themselves heavily and learned a few basic tactical skills. What I don't understand is why they needed to amputate Herschel's leg. I thought everyone was already infected?[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]yea, same with checking for bites. I'd think that the only thing that matters at this point is whether you die or not. [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1349720353' post='1168042']
Love Last Resort. Not sure how long they can carry on that storyline, but pretty much anything Andre Braugher does is good.

I've taken a liking to Major Crimes. G.W. Bailey is always awesome.

Still hooked on Criminal Minds - LOVE A.J. Cook!
[/quote]

speaking of Criminal Minds. I had like the last four weeks on my DVR and I watched the one from 10/10 tonight. Two ladies were killing bad guys... at the end they went to Mexico and one got caught and one got away. The one that got caught saw the other getting away... Aaaaaanyway... when it ends they always quote someone. Rossi quoted the great Paul Brown.. When you win say nothing, when you lose say less...

I thought it was pretty cool..

Criminal Minds is a great show! Glad to see the FBI as the protagonists and not the "antagonists" to like the locals in other police shows. As they are portrayed in the former as sympathetic and in the latter, as arrogant pushovers.

Think CSI Miami needed to be cancelled as it cost a lot, CSI NY is less expensive to produce I read.

Only Law & Order show that is out is SVU. As it will go in a couple of years. As it needed to when Stabler the actor who portrayed him, left.

Hometown is the show my parents and brother and his firemen buddies like!

[quote name='Passepartout' timestamp='1351908248' post='1176648']
Criminal Minds is a great show! Glad to see the FBI as the protagonists and not the "antagonists" to like the locals in other police shows. As they are portrayed in the former as sympathetic and in the latter, as arrogant pushovers.

Think CSI Miami needed to be cancelled as it cost a lot, CSI NY is less expensive to produce I read.

Only Law & Order show that is out is SVU. As it will go in a couple of years. As it needed to when Stabler the actor who portrayed him, left.

Hometown is the show my parents and brother and his firemen buddies like!
[/quote]

There seem to be so many television shows that just get recycled. Every once in awhile a good show will come out that I enjoy, but unfortunately a lot of the time they get canceled after one season. I'll try to think of a few: 'Fast Lane," "Eli Stone," "No Ordinary Family,"and "Life on Mars." Those are just a few I can name. Point being, if you have a favorite show, don't let me know. If I like it, it's going to get canceled.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350524025' post='1171818']

[spoiler]yea, same with checking for bites. I'd think that the only thing that matters at this point is whether you die or not. [/spoiler]
[/quote]

Spoiler!!! SKIP IF HAVEN'T SEEN ALL OF WALKING DEAD!!!!!

Everyone has the virus in them and they turn when they die. You turn quicker when you're bit or scratched. I really don't know exactly why but maybe it gives ya a huge dose of the virus or maybe the bite or scratch slowly kills you and you turn slowly but still alive.

They had to cut his leg off because if the virus reached the rest of his body, he was turning. It made sense to me why they did it.

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1352225208' post='1178206']
I just watched Sunday nights Walking Dead last night... Freaking insane ending is all I'm gonna say....
[/quote]

[spoiler]Not sad at all to see Lori go. She sucked, but they made her death scene very heartfelt. I always figured they had something bigger in store for T-Dog considering how long he stuck around as the token black guy, but at least he went out a hero.

It's long past time for Michonne to start kicking ass again, can't wait for next week.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352228864' post='1178227']
[spoiler]Not sad at all to see Lori go. She sucked, but they made her death scene very heartfelt. I always figured they had something bigger in store for T-Dog considering how long he stuck around as the token black guy, but at least he went out a hero.

It's long past time for Michonne to start kicking ass again, can't wait for next week.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
[spoiler]Ugh. I saw an interview this summer that mentioned T-Dog was going to be a bigger part this season. Then they brought Meryle back and I thought it was going to be an awesome little battle to the death or something. Thought that was bad writing to not have them meet again. Hell of an episode though. Can't wait until Rictkator and Dictator meet up. Going to be a battle royale.[/spoiler]

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1352210836' post='1178146']
How I Met Your Mother is bordering on painful now

i laughed a little last night because i like dogs, but thats about it

its embarrasing at this point...just pull the plug and find a way to erase the last 2 seasons from my memory
[/quote]

The fact they stole plot points from "Friends" tells you they have thrown in the towel. End the series in May, CBS.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352228864' post='1178227']
[spoiler] I always figured they had something bigger in store for T-Dog considering how long he stuck around as the token black guy, but at least he went out a hero.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]Ah but they replaced him with another (because there can only be one, obv :rolleyes: ) & IMHO Oscar is already more interesting than T-Dogg ever was[/spoiler]

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1351562039' post='1175557']
Has anyone watched Grim? It was heavily previewed during the Olympics and was surprised this was season three already. It looked good from what we saw in the ads. Thanks
[/quote]

Grimm is one of my regulars. I like it a lot.

BTW, this is only season 2.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352385250' post='1178624']
Anyone watching American Horror Story: Asylum? It's turning out to be pretty good.
[/quote]

YES. I thought the first season was ok. Had its moments, kinda corny overall. "Asylum" has been [i]much[/i] better.

[spoiler]Possessed Nun! :685: [/spoiler]

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1352438377' post='1178868']
YES. I thought the first season was ok. Had its moments, kinda corny overall. "Asylum" has been [i]much[/i] better.

[spoiler]Possessed Nun! :685: [/spoiler]
[/quote]

I didn't see the first season at all, but that's cool since the seasons have nothing to do with each other. There were a couple moments where I thought it was gonna go super corny (Anne Frank? really?) but then they threw in just enough doubt and confusion to make it interesting.

And I can't wait to see what happens with Sister Mary Eunice :19:

Archived