2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1354423008' post='1186835']
Is this for real? I'm so disappointed!

Really enjoyed it and agree completely with your assessment
[/quote]

sadly, yes. It will only be 13 episodes, but they found out soon enough to allow for them to make the final episode a series finale.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354457172' post='1186854']
sadly, yes. It will only be 13 episodes, but they found out soon enough to allow for them to make the final episode a series finale.
[/quote]

I think that we have drastically different takes on shows. What was the one about the dinosaurs back in time, and now revolution? Just horrible acting and tons of plot holes that people seem to just ignore.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1354509764' post='1188147']

I think that we have drastically different takes on shows. What was the one about the dinosaurs back in time, and now revolution? Just horrible acting and tons of plot holes that people seem to just ignore.
[/quote]

The acting in revolution is pretty disgusting, but the show is relatively interesting so I kept watching. Ill give it the first few episodes after the break to see if ill stay with it.

Last resort was awesome though, very surprised it got canceled

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1354539684' post='1188184']
Homeland is an Awesome show.
[/quote]
This season has been nuts. Such a great show.

I will 2nd the Game of Thrones suggestion. Not for everyone, but I absolutely love it.

Did anyone watch The Pillars of the Earth (2010 on Starz) and/or World Without End (2012 on ReelzChannel)? Sat.1 (a German broadcaster) is pimping World Without End pretty hard on billboards and poster adverts here, so I was curious if it would be worth watching.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354457172' post='1186854']
[/quote]

Arrggghh that sucks. As much as I like this show, I can see how the they can only drag this on for so long. The producers did say that they are going to make a "kick ass" ending.

Sucks about Leverage too.

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1355148534' post='1191208']
Arrggghh that sucks. As much as I like this show, I can see how the they can only drag this on for so long. The producers did say that they are going to make a "kick ass" ending.

Sucks about Leverage too.
[/quote]

I think it could have lasted awhile. Alas, its expensive to film in Hawaii, and the ratings just weren't to their liking.

I think it was stupid putting it in the 8pm slot on Thursdays. It has to go up against Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, 30 Rock and Community.

All four shows draw the same kind of audience that would likely watch and enjoy a show like Last Resort. It also goes up against X-Factor.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355798054' post='1195027']
Thought tonight's episode was one of the best of the series. Great twist ending.
[/quote]

Agreed. While the twist wasn't exactly shocking, it was perfectly sweet and sentimental. I've been extremely critical of the show in recent years, and while it is definitely in decline last night's episode shows that there is life in the old girl yet. I'm hopeful that the show has gotten a second wind to sprint down the finish line and end in the grand fashion it deserves.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1355857673' post='1195283']
Agreed. While the twist wasn't exactly shocking, it was perfectly sweet and sentimental. I've been extremely critical of the show in recent years, and while it is definitely in decline last night's episode shows that there is life in the old girl yet. I'm hopeful that the show has gotten a second wind to sprint down the finish line and end in the grand fashion it deserves.
[/quote]

I'll admit, I didn't see the twist coming. I mean, we know they end up together, but we didn't know when or how it would happen.

I've seen some online say it was predictable, but I didn't think it was.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1355858319' post='1195290']
I'll admit, I didn't see the twist coming. I mean, we know they end up together, but we didn't know when or how it would happen.

I've seen some online say it was predictable, but I didn't think it was.
[/quote]

I spend Tuesday morning usually reading recaps/commentaries on the show, and I've seen the theory tossed around quite a bit, so that may have blunted the surprise factor.

However, it did not diminish the impact. Also, while I guessed that Ted would spill the beans to Robin (and that Barney told him for just that reason) I did not surmise that he factored in a psychological fail-safe (that Ted would not tell Robin about the proposal to Patrice unless Ted had let her go, thus tacitly giving his blessing)

Archived