Give me Vick or Alex Smith in 2013

I'm not sure what to think of this cat. I was initially skeptical, then he looked decent at the start of his rookie year and tailed off big time at the end. Did the same this year.

He isn't hitting anything over the middle and he is consistently under/over throwing the deep routes.

Is it not having anyone besides AJ to throw to or does the dude just not have it?

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1357434122' post='1204814']
I'm not sure what to think of this cat. I was initially skeptical, then he looked decent at the start of his rookie year and tailed off big time at the end. Did the same this year.

He isn't hitting anything over the middle and he is consistently under/over throwing the deep routes.

Is it not having anyone besides AJ to throw to or does the dude just not have it?
[/quote]

Missing the TD to AJ in the final moments was all I needed to see. You simply can't miss that throw if you want to be successful.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1357434227' post='1204823']
Missing the TD to AJ in the final moments was all I needed to see. You simply can't miss that throw if you want to be successful.
[/quote]

Why in the hell were did he try to make that throw on 4th and 11 in the waning minutes of a winnable game. GET THE FUCKING FIRST DOWN DUMB ASS!!

Vick? Seriously? lol That clown has been given 2 huge contracts by 2 different teams and has amounted
to nothing. You're probably going to have about the same results with Alex Smith here behind this line
that you would with Dalton. I don't think Dalton has reached his full potential yet (It is only his 2nd season)
whereas Smith has already reached his potential, has a better O Line in San Fran and a better TE too in
Vernon Davis. All that and he got benched.

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1357434631' post='1204840']
Why in the hell were did he try to make that throw on 4th and 11 in the waning minutes of a winnable game. GET THE FUCKING FIRST DOWN DUMB ASS!!
[/quote]

Exactly, you know you are in 4-down territory, two short passes to the sideline would have gotten a first down.

As I said in the gameday thread, Dalton is not the problem. Sure he has missed throws but this offense has problems holding Dalton back. Their is no legit number two or three WR. The O Line has played awful, players are making way to many mental mistakes and teams do not fear BJGE. It's hard for a second year QB to have success under those circumstances.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1357434795' post='1204849']
As I said in the gameday thread, Dalton is not the problem. Sure he has missed throws but this offense has problems holding Dalton back. Their is no legit number two or three WR. The O Line has played awful, players are making way to many mental mistakes and teams do not fear BJGE. It's hard for a second year QB to have success under those circumstances.
[/quote]

Exactly!! Where was the pass protection?? Non-existent. How many passes were dropped? Green not looking for the ball!!
Yeah that's Dalton's fault too I guess lol. We need another deep threat stud WR opposite of Green to take away the double teams
and put Sanu in the slot!! A RB that's a true threat to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball would help. At the very least a 3rd down back/change of pace RB.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' timestamp='1357435360' post='1204894']

Exactly!! Where was the pass protection?? Non-existent. How many passes were dropped? Green not looking for the ball!!
Yeah that's Dalton's fault too I guess lol. We need another deep threat stud WR opposite of Green to take away the double teams
and put Sanu in the slot!! A RB that's a true threat to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball would help. At the very least a 3rd down back/change of pace RB.
[/quote]

Yep. People forget that when Palmer had it going he had Chad, Housh, Henry, Rudi and O line was doing pretty good. Dalton has no where near that much talent around him. Housh was going to get 80 to 90 catches a year. Dalton has no where near a number 2 good enough to do that.

There's an awful lot of retarded motherfuckers on this board tonight.

Michael Vick has completed 250 passes in a season once (253 last year). Dalton competed at least 300 in each of his two seasons. I'll take a 25 year old Dalton over a 33 year old Vick every single day of the week.

Alex Smith? That is the single stupidest fucking suggestion in the history of this board. Seriously.

Here's some perspective... Peyton Manning didn't get his first playoff win until his sixth season.

Andy Dalton is the future of this franchise. The problem wasn't the offense sputtering the last couple weeks. It was the overconfidence that cost them 3 winnable games in October. If they had won the games they should have, they wouldn't have had to go on the road to open the playoffs.

[quote name='Big Alice' timestamp='1357438738' post='1205018']

Michael Vick has completed 250 passes in a season once (253 last year). Dalton competed at least 300 in each of his two seasons. I'll take a 25 year old Dalton over a 33 year old Vick every single day of the week.

Alex Smith? That is the single stupidest fucking suggestion in the history of this board. Seriously.

Here's some perspective... Peyton Manning didn't get his first playoff win until his sixth season.

Andy Dalton is the future of this franchise. The problem wasn't the offense sputtering the last couple weeks. It was the overconfidence that cost them 3 winnable games in October. If they had won the games they should have, they wouldn't have had to go on the road to open the playoffs.
[/quote]

Damn, you hit that shit out of the park!

[/quote]

Great post. Nailed it!

[/quote]

This guy knows his shit.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1357435378' post='1204896']
I'd take Smith, honestly
[/quote]

I would too but wouldn't fuck with Vick.

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357439818' post='1205064']
Come on guys! Andy Dalton is AWESOME! He's going to be a HOF QB....remember this is only his second year. Each year, he's going to develop more skill and talent! Can't wait. NEXT YEAR!
[/quote]

Lmao

[quote name='Khatmandude' timestamp='1357439818' post='1205064']
Come on guys! Andy Dalton is AWESOME! He's going to be a HOF QB....remember this is only his second year. Each year, he's going to develop more skill and talent! Can't wait. NEXT YEAR!
[/quote]

Considering the fact that he has accomplished things in his first two years that only a few other QB's have ever done, I think he will get more proficient.

[quote name='Big Alice' timestamp='1357438738' post='1205018']

[/quote]

Vick has won a playoff game. So has Smith.

Heres some more perspective....Dalton sucks. He has less talent than Vick, Smith, Manning and Palmer.#truth

Archived