*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

I promise I will never buy a James Harrison anything unless it's from a bankruptcy auction.

Funny how casually people throw around the "hater" thing these days, though. Dude assaulted his gf because she didn't want to baptize their son, I think my disdain for him is more than justified.

T-Dub, you're a hater. You will continue to hate Harrison. However, I would like to be sitting by you when he lights-up Ben Ben. I am sure you will be cheering his name!

I think we will sign him to a two year deal.

Have to say I agree with T-Dub on this one.  Dude is seriously a POS human being.  It has nothing to do with him being a Steeler.  I would grimace at the thought of signing Hines Ward (if he could still play), but in the end I would cheer for him on Sundays.

I want a guy who acts like a psychopath on the football field.. Not someone who is actually just a horrible person in real life.

He brings some nasty and edge, but like alluded too, Harrison is a POS.  I would have rather seen Dansby.  He's younger, better in coverage, and probably a better player at this point.  It's too bad he's playing hardball.

Ugh. I cannot get on board with this. Behind Big Ben and Vick, there's nobody that I'd like to see wearing the orange and black less than Harrison. Just watched a YouTube "Best of" in an effort to talk myself into it. Nope. Can't do it. 80% of those highlights were illegal flag-drawing plays.

I would have preferred dansby, but its hard to really complain about signing a former DPOY.

Add him to the dline we already have and we have a legit shot to lead the league in sacks, set team records, etc.

Atkins, MJ, Dunlap, Harrison, Gilberry all rushing the passer. Damn.

If Marv and Zim thinks he still has some in the tank and he can even play half/three quarters as good as he did a couple years ago, then this is a steal.

Not to mention if Harrison can teach Maulauaga some sort of mean streak, that alone could be worth the signing.

sounds like a deal is expected to be completed tomorrow.  :thumbsdown:

Just watched Harrison against the Bengals from last year, damn he looked slow, and when he rushed the passer he was instantly tied up by Whitworth. Just a horrible fit in a 4-3 defense I don't understand what the Bengals are thinking. Piece of shit on n off the field. The Bengals should pony up more money for the superior linebacker in Dansby.

Dont love Harrison....but would you rather have Harrison or Lawson?

Harrison is way more accomplished and supposedly better in coverage. And he should be cheaper.

Just watched Harrison against the Bengals from last year, damn he looked slow, and when he rushed the passer he was instantly tied up by Whitworth. Just a horrible fit in a 4-3 defense I don't understand what the Bengals are thinking. Piece of shit on n off the field. The Bengals should pony up more money for the superior linebacker in Dansby.

First game or second game?

Second game he had a sack against us and I feel like it was in a big situation too.

Its possible it could end up like the Jason Allen/TNew thing. We looked at them both around the same time, signed Allen. Newman was still around later and signed him too.

sign both draft another in the top 3 picks and dramatically reduce reys snaps

I don't like it one bit because of who James Harrison is but at the end of the day, it's a business and he can bring some qualities on the football field that this team is desperately lacking and has been lacking for quite some time.  Burfict has some of it but the D needs nastiness....Harrison brings it. 

Its possible it could end up like the Jason Allen/TNew thing. We looked at them both around the same time, signed Allen. Newman was still around later and signed him too.

Dansby doesn't want to go to a rebuilding team, ...he wants a contender, ...I like our odds.

sign both draft another in the top 3 picks and dramatically reduce reys snaps

You never know, ...Rey might come around and become a great player, ...the coaches still have faith, ...I hope they are right.

Albeit, ...I've given up on the guy.

I would have preferred dansby, but its hard to really complain about signing a former DPOY.

Add him to the dline we already have and we have a legit shot to lead the league in sacks, set team records, etc.

Atkins, MJ, Dunlap, Harrison, Gilberry all rushing the passer. Damn.

If Marv and Zim thinks he still has some in the tank and he can even play half/three quarters as good as he did a couple years ago, then this is a steal.

Not to mention if Harrison can teach Maulauaga some sort of mean streak, that alone could be worth the signing.

We were within a couple sacks of leading last year I believe. Think Denver got us there at the end.

I don't like it one bit because of who James Harrison is but at the end of the day, it's a business and he can bring some qualities on the football field that this team is desperately lacking and has been lacking for quite some time.  Burfict has some of it but the D needs nastiness....Harrison brings it. 

I agree - if they feel like he's still got something, I"m OK with it. I could care less that he used to play for the Steelers. And he may not be a good person, but let's face it, neither was Odell, Tank Johnson, Adam Jones, Ahmad Brooks, etc. and we cheered for them, too. 

Rey talked about cutting loose and going for it last preseason.  The coaches talked about how they hamstrung Rey with babysitting the newbies last year, ...they chained Rey to his spot.

I suppose that 2 year contract is their way of making it up to him and that signing a veteran SAM will unchain Rey so he can prove himself.

Archived