I got flooded out and had to evacuate my home

oldschooler

It seems like it has been raining for 40 days and 40 nights here. We got almost 10 inches of rain

in a 36 hour span from Friday morning til Saturday night. And when you live in a flood plain,

well, that's not a good thing. Had to evacuate our house at about 3 am Saturday. And we're still

not allowed back in yet. Rain is in the forecast today and tomorrow. We are all safe, but I have lost

a few things. No big deal. But it still sucks, FEMA just declared it a disaster area. 

Anyway, my house wasn't quite as bad as this (this is my house from 2008, record flood) but it was about 2 feet from being the same. 

l.jpg

Brutal Winters, nearest Wal-Mart and even red light is 25 miles away. And the area is known for flooding. 

We've had 3 major floods since 2007. What a great place to live!!!!!

Fucking hate this place with a passion, 

Anyway. I just thought I would share and vent a little. Hope all is well is your World. 

You lying liar.  It rained the one and only time I was in Vegas.

The nice thing is that the floods come in quickly, destroy your home, then head out.  Gives you a jump on collecting what meager belongings remain...

Damn Old...you've really had a rough few years going here what with deaths in the family and all these floods. Hope you're hanging in there.

:(

No shit.  I swear he's living atop an ancient Indian burial ground... 

Thanks everyone! I am back home now. Thank God the rain that was forecasted never came.

Or we would have had a new record flood. Now the fun part begins, the cleanup. The whole

neighborhood smells like a dead fish's asshole. 

The house is paid off, so it's kind of hard to move. No one wants to buy a house in a flood plain. 

The good news is we had some Contractors start coming yesterday to start the bidding process 

to raise our house. I'm not sure who is picking up the tab. But it ain't me. It would cost more than

this place is worth. I'm going to ask since they have it up in the air, is there anyway they can 

move it to the new town they built up the road after the 2008 flood. Fuck staying here. Even if 

they raise the house, I'll still have to be evacuated the next time a flood comes. And there will

be a next time. 

Anyway. Enough bout me. 

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate all you good people. 

Well, except Sois. I appreciate him. But he ain't good people. 

:ninja:

Peace. 

No. They put these big rail road tie looking things in a big stack. Kind of looks like Jenga.

Then they break the foundation loose. And use hydraulic jacks to jack it up. Then they 

add another rail road tie until they get it to desired height and then add mason blocks. 

It's actually pretty neat. I have seen them do it about 20 times here. But my house is 

pretty big. And has an attached garage and a bathroom that was build on a few years

ago. It is going to be interesting. 

Truthfully. I hope the fucking place collapses in a big steaming pile of shit when they

try to raise it. Then they can just "settle" with me and I can take the fucking money 

and run! 

Archived