The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Steelers game 1

Gio Bernard is a difference maker. In every sense. The speed on the TD reception, the power on his TD run...that was Ray Rice stuff. That's all good.

Eifert and Gresham, difference makers at TE. Good.

BJGE in his proper role as a power back. Good.

Consistent pressure from the d-line, and only 44 yards running for Steelers. Good.

Dalton's night, on balance, good. Look, he could have let the bad start spiral. He didn't. Growth. Very good.

Was frustrated with the penalties again (although some were shit calls). Bad.

Still hate Marvin and Jay's clock management at the end of the first half. Bad.

No ugly on a night when they came up big under the bright lights against a team that has owned them in Cincy. 

Gio Bernard is a difference maker. In every sense. The speed on the TD reception, the power on his TD run...that was Ray Rice stuff. That's all good.

Eifert and Gresham, difference makers at TE. Good.

BJGE in his proper role as a power back. Good.

Consistent pressure from the d-line, and only 44 yards running for Steelers. Good.

Dalton's night, on balance, good. Look, he could have let the bad start spiral. He didn't. Growth. Very good.

Was frustrated with the penalties again (although some were shit calls). Bad.

Still hate Marvin and Jay's clock management at the end of the first half. Bad.

No ugly on a night when they came up big under the bright lights against a team that has owned them in Cincy. 

All this ^^^

Also, I thought Iloka dropped down into box and stood a few plays up.

Reggie Nelson is clutch.

The Great: We simply kicked Pittspuke in the teeth. No finesse, just beat them down.

The Good:
Run defense was sick.
Secondary played well.
Rookies
Taze
Nelson.

Bad:
Andy played bad first half. We can't get away with that against better teams.

Ugly:
Penalties
Rey in coverage. Lamur injury haunting us.

I have to say, I really liked that a number of veterans on this team stepped up when we needed it set us right. 

First on that list would be Jermaine Gresham.  He's playing like a man possessed this year and frankly I think we could get him the ball some more.

Second is BJGE.  That SOB will not be denied a first down, and his individual effort on third and 7 was something to behold.

Third, Terrence Newman, Leon Hall, and (of course) Reggie Nelson with money defensive plays in the secondary down the stretch. 

It was also nice to see the D-line finally start to get their groove and find their stride as the game wore on.

Amazing:

That 3rd and 7 conversion. How many times have the steelers done that to us? That was so sweet.

Good:

Gio: can do it all

Gresh: big catches, plays mean, had to bring Down.

No turnovers!!!

The D as a whole.

Bad:

Andy maybe Too hyped at the start.

Hey guys, we Beat the steelers on MNF!!!

Who Dey!!!

Good:
Gio...running, receiving & his pass blocking/blitz pick-up...our offense moves with this man in!
Gresham...tough yards after the catch, nice blocking
Eifert...good game & very nice blocking
Whit...took a couple of quarters to get up to game speed but great to see him back...he's a leader
Nelson, Iloka...good safety play from both spots which is a welcomed change here
Defensive line...especially in the 2nd half...we are so deep here it's silly
Offense....ZERO turnovers!!
Bad:
Dalton...1st half wild throws...I think he had the Monday Night jitters as he settled down as the game wore on tho
Penalties...need to get those cleaned up, especially the pre-snap ones for sure
Clock management end of 1st half...was almost like déjà vu from last week...ughhh c'mon Marvin/Jay
Ugly:
There is no ugly when you beat the Squeelers on MNF...none...woot woot!!!

Good: We beat the stoolers!

Eifert

Gio

That's all I am putting down in the good section because without Gio and Eifert we lose this game.

Bad:

Dalton in the 1st and 2nd

Defense in the 2nd quarter

Ugly:

Dalton throwing it all over the place nowhere near players and SMILING to the cameras after he threw those suckass throws.

Also, Dalton and his retarded deflected passes. He cost us an easy TD in the back of the end zone to Jones because he couldn't throw it over a white dude and got swatted.

Good: We beat the stoolers!

Eifert

Gio

That's all I am putting down in the good section because without Gio and Eifert we lose this game.

Bad:

Dalton in the 1st and 2nd

Defense in the 2nd quarter

Ugly:

Dalton throwing it all over the place nowhere near players and SMILING to the cameras after he threw those suckass throws.

Also, Dalton and his retarded deflected passes. He cost us an easy TD in the back of the end zone to Jones because he couldn't throw it over a white dude and got swatted.

I know Dalton didnt have his best game, but 280 yards 1 td no picks...not the end of the world. Managed the game alright. Didnt go out and take it like I hoped, but still played okay when you look at his game as a whole.

I know Dalton didnt have his best game, but 280 yards 1 td no picks...not the end of the world. Managed the game alright. Didnt go out and take it like I hoped, but still played okay when you look at his game as a whole.

I know man.. I didn't put Dalton's 2nd half in the good category (It really didn't deserve it) but His first half, and his stupid blocked passes and smiling after shitty throws belongs in the bad and ugly columns.

Nothing against Dalton though. I really like him as our QB.

Archived