The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Chargers

I will keep it simple....   

Good:

Bengals defense keeping a top 5 offense on the road to 10 points... did I say on the road...?

This defense is fucking damn great... and time people take notice outside of an obligatory hey they are good.

The run game - oline and both running backs.     

Huber 

Bad and Ulgly: < i'm just going to enjoy the win... critiques of the the bad later in the week>

This was the kind of game Pitt had against us for most of a decade with Bettis.  People these days are too fixated on fantasy numbers.  Get the lead, get turnovers, run it down their throat for the W.

I've been thinking that all season.  It was frustrating watching Stealer games where their opponent seemed to play a "prettier" game but Pittsburgh scored more points.  I'll take wins over "pretty" any day.

SD has some talent on O, and some issues too, hence the .500 record.  Aside from the defense, their offense has a lot of trouble in red zone because their line is iffy and the WRs are not physical.  Their TE is aging.  They've been good between the 20s, not so good at scoring TDs.  There were two times at about the 30 that a drive stopped dead with three INC passes, not to mention the fumble.

i'll sum it up like this....i sure am glad eddie royal was inactive today.

I can't wait to hear why the all time winningest QB in Bengals history sucked again.

Well, against one of the worst defenses in the league I watched our QB make horrible passes, panic on one play with little pressure and play one of the worst halves I have seen. Keep in mind, the running game should have made play action highly effective but Dalton missed open receivers.

Some say he played great in the second half. I disagree. I saw a few NFL caliber passes in the second half but most were simple short yardage stuff or a pass to a wide open receiver due to a blown coverage.

We won today because San Diego's run defense is horrible, and our defense is great. It's becoming a broken record. Cold hard fact is I simply don't think Dalton can be counted on to win is a game in crunch time against a good team at this point. He is digressing.

Well, against one of the worst defenses in the league I watched our QB make horrible passes, panic on one play with little pressure and play one of the worst halves I have seen. Keep in mind, the running game should have made play action highly effective but Dalton missed open receivers.

Some say he played great in the second half. I disagree. I saw a few NFL caliber passes in the second half but most were simple short yardage stuff or a pass to a wide open receiver due to a blown coverage.

We won today because San Diego's run defense is horrible, and our defense is great. It's becoming a broken record. Cold hard fact is I simply don't think Dalton can be counted on to win is a game in crunch time against a good team at this point. He is digressing.

I seem to remember plenty of times Carson Palmer managed to lose games against teams just like that.

Dalton became the second QB in history (Manning) to pass for over 3000 yards each of his first 3 seasons in the league today.

But those yards weren't pretty enough.

That sounds like the patriots that we beat this year.

Or the Green Bay team we also beat this year.

That sounds like the patriots that we beat this year.

Ancient history. Patriots offense is improving every week as their almost entirely new receiving corps figures it out. Our offense, in particular Andy, is getting worse. We scored 13 points at home against the 21st ranked defense, big deal.

Ancient history. Patriots offense is improving every week as their almost entirely new receiving corps figures it out. Our offense, in particular Andy, is getting worse. We scored 13 points at home against the 21st ranked defense, big deal.

injuries happen, players miss time. We have 8 players on defense out for the year. I don't see the defense dwindling. If Tom Brady is a HOF'r then it shouldn't matter. He was made to look bad. It had nothing to do with his WRs. It had to do with the fact that he couldn't handle the pressure. He crumbled under the pressure. There isn't a team in the AFC that the Bengals cannot beat. In a matchup game the Chiefs concern me a lot more than the Broncos. I'm glad the Chiefs will be a wild card so they'd have to come here cuz going to KC sucks.

But those yards weren't pretty enough.

Or the Green Bay team we also beat this year.

Have any of you guys watched the last 4 games?

This is the most talented Bengals team I have seen in 23 years. We should have rolled San Diego today, their defense was awful.

Andy had almost ZERO pressure today yet he struggled most of the game to throw accurate passes to open receivers. He is schizophrenic.

Have any of you guys watched the last 4 games?

This is the most talented Bengals team I have seen in 23 years. We should have rolled San Diego today, their defense was awful.

Andy had almost ZERO pressure today yet he struggled most of the game to throw accurate passes to open receivers. He is schizophrenic.

Well, no the NFL didn't let me see the game. I will have to wait until after 9 PM.

But dissecting every play, or parts of the game bores me.  Comparing AD to some imaginary perfect QB who has never existed is just silly. We pay the defense to make plays, not to hold out until the magic QB does all the work of winning a game. 

Let the OL kick some ass. Let those RBs find the holes.  Trust the defense to do its job and keep the other team from scoring.  There are no style points in winning.  And AD's teams have done that better and longer than any real Bengals QB has.

injuries happen, players miss time. We have 8 players on defense out for the year. I don't see the defense dwindling. If Tom Brady is a HOF'r then it shouldn't matter. He was made to look bad. It had nothing to do with his WRs. It had to do with the fact that he couldn't handle the pressure. He crumbled under the pressure. There isn't a team in the AFC that the Bengals cannot beat. In a matchup game the Chiefs concern me a lot more than the Broncos. I'm glad the Chiefs will be a wild card so they'd have to come here cuz going to KC sucks.

We don't beat New England on the road today if Andy plays the way he has the last 4 weeks. They are 9-3 and have an easy remaining schedule.

We don't beat New England on the road today if Andy plays the way he has the last 4 weeks. They are 9-3 and have an easy remaining schedule.

Well to fail that way, we need to get a playoff win first, which is what all the whiners have been saying we will never do.

There's always a new reason why we suck.

Archived