The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Chargers

Ancient history. Patriots offense is improving every week as their almost entirely new receiving corps figures it out. Our offense, in particular Andy, is getting worse. We scored 13 points at home against the 21st ranked defense, big deal.

Patriots were 4 and 0 when we beat them.

Those years the Stealers were always winning they always did it ugly. Andy threw some shit passes, but regrouped to WIN THE GAME. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying that our QB isn't as pretty as a handful of other QBs.

Those years the Stealers were always winning they always did it ugly. Andy threw some shit passes, but regrouped to WIN THE GAME. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying that our QB isn't as pretty as a handful of other QBs.

How can you enjoy this week when CERTAIN DOOM looms six or seven weeks away?

Well to fail that way, we need to get a playoff win first, which is what all the whiners have been saying we will never do.

There's always a new reason why we suck.

I think this is the best team we have had in 23 years. Only one.weakness. I really enjoyed the high pass to AJ Green in double coverage. We are lucky Green wasn't seriously hurt.

Andy was playing much better 2 months ago.

The defensive rules have changed dramatically since even the Stealers last Superbowl. That is why I love our defense, they are performing miracles despite the erratic play of the offense.

Not as pretty? His shitty play almost got AJ killed. Fuck that

Taken from a PFT comment:

Yeah… those great weapons like non-explosive, undependable Jermaine Gresham and the Invisible Duo (#2-#3 wide receivers – Marvin Jones/Mohamed Sanu)

Jermaine Gresham = 0 rec. – 0 yards

#2 wide receiver Marvin Jones = 2 rec. – 12 yards

#3 wide receiver Mohamed Sanu = 1 rec. – 9 yards

*Against San Diego’s 28th ranked defensive secondary

Not as pretty? His shitty play almost got AJ killed. Fuck that

The thing is, when Dalton does something like that people act like he's the only QB who has ever done it, and he shouldn't even be on a NFL field. It's like people are blind to the fuck ups of other QBs, but the fuck ups by Dalton are all they can see.

The thing is, when Dalton does something like that people act like he's the only QB who has ever done it, and he shouldn't even be on a NFL field. It's like people are blind to the fuck ups of other QBs, but the fuck ups by Dalton are all they can see.

:thumbsup:

I hate to do it, but I need to give some props to Fouts.  He was fair.

I was dreading him preceeding the game but actually was shocked how fair I thought he called the game. All things considered with his history playing the Bengals (HAHA). He was infinity times more professional than Dierdork was in the Ratbirds game. If I didn't tell the people I was with that he had played for the Chargers in the 1981 AFC Championship against us and threw the Carson (Pick 6) to Louis Breeden earlier that season, they would have never guessed.

I was dreading him preceeding the game but actually was shocked how fair I thought he called the game. All things considered with his history playing the Bengals (HAHA). He was infinity times more professional than Dierdork was in the Ratbirds game. If I didn't tell the people I was with that he had played for the Chargers in the 1981 AFC Championship against us and threw the Carson (Pick 6) to Louis Breeden earlier that season, they would have never guessed.

Well, they did show a set of clips from the game, including a wounded duck INT by him.

Dalton is a concern if you are thinking Superbowl which most of us are.

Steelers? Their crappy Qbs cost them in the playoffs and once in the Superbowl during the 90s.

Bengals have window change the narrative of this franchise the next few seasons. Lets hope Dalton and the O figure shit out soon enough.

Well, against one of the worst defenses in the league I watched our QB make horrible passes, panic on one play with little pressure and play one of the worst halves I have seen. Keep in mind, the running game should have made play action highly effective but Dalton missed open receivers.

Some say he played great in the second half. I disagree. I saw a few NFL caliber passes in the second half but most were simple short yardage stuff or a pass to a wide open receiver due to a blown coverage.

We won today because San Diego's run defense is horrible, and our defense is great. It's becoming a broken record. Cold hard fact is I simply don't think Dalton can be counted on to win is a game in crunch time against a good team at this point. He is digressing.

did you think that in October?

Dalton wasn't that good yesterday, but if we're being honest, he was 2-3 throws, that I'm sure he'd like back, from being very good yesterday.  Let's not act like it was an epic bad performance.

How can you enjoy this week when CERTAIN DOOM looms six or seven weeks away?

I wouldn't call it certain doom, but it's not looking good right now.  I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Some people live in the moment and are ecstatic every time we win no matter what. There are others who are happy with the win, but have a more long-term view.  Nothing wrong with either, but those who are looking ahead shouldn't criticize those who are looking forward.

It will when we meet a team with a good defense and decent offense.

I agree with your sentiment that the passing game needs to get on track, but if we're getting technical, the Bengals are 4-4 against top 15 pass D's this year.  It's not exactly hopeless if they face a good pass D.

Since my quoting on my surface doesn't work for some reason

@thurman

We beat a patriots team @home without gronk ill take that but any team missing their number one receiver is going to struggle, we would if we lost AJ.

That said there isn't a team in the AFC I'm afraid of if we play them in 'Nati, on the road that's not the case, we are dominate at home, on the road we are mediocre. Unless the seeding somehow changes, if we ended up playing them in foxborough, you'd have to be a homer to think it would end up the same.

As for Dalton and the Bengals in relation to Superbowl.    I think it's clear we aren't going to the Superbowl down Park Avenue that is reserved for Golden Boy Qbs having MVP seasons.   We are clearly on the back alley path reserved for teams like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson etc.

It is what it is and we have who we have.   It will be fun to watch it play out.

As for Dalton and the Bengals in relation to Superbowl.    I think it's clear we aren't going to the Superbowl down Park Avenue that is reserved for Golden Boy Qbs having MVP seasons.   We are clearly on the back alley path reserved for teams like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson etc.

It is what it is and we have who we have.   It will be fun to watch it play out.

All it would really take is for Dalton to heat up, Flacco-esque. Obviously he is capable of it. And honestly the rest of our team is so good that he doesn't even have to light the world on fire.

All it would really take is for Dalton to heat up, Flacco-esque. Obviously he is capable of it. And honestly the rest of our team is so good that he doesn't even have to light the world on fire.

I think the biggest thing is just being smart about the passing game.  Dalton needs to be better, but Gruden can help simplify things.  More playaction now that the running game is heating up.  Start calling bootlegs that set up easy throws to the TE's and RB's.  More bubble screens and plays designed to let the playmakers make plays.  

Gresham and Eifert only combined for 4 targets yesterday.  They needs to start letting these guys be playmakers.

It's not a good thing when the Bengals claim they are a West Coast Offense, and I think I can count the number of bootlegs called on the season on 2 hands.

Archived