The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Chargers

I loved this game and a win is so fucking awesome. Andy played a real good game I'll give him that but the only play that I am critiquing him would be the interception that he threw. WTF kind of pass was that? Does anyone agree with me here?

he kind of just tossed it up before he got hit.  

I think there's 2-3 throws he'd probably like to have back. That one, the one AJ got hurt on, and the pass to Jones that was about 6 inches short of being a touchdown.

he kind of just tossed it up before he got hit.  

I think there's 2-3 throws he'd probably like to have back. That one, the one AJ got hurt on, and the pass to Jones that was about 6 inches short of being a touchdown.

That weird throw he got an intentional grounding on also. I wonder if there was some route confusion going on in there. BJGE got tied up. If that was supposed to be a sideline route to the RB I'm surprised Gio wasn't in there. Either way the throw was not good.

The one to Jones could have been a hair better but I think it was really just good defense, borderline PI. It was very catchable for Jones.

That weird throw he got an intentional grounding on also. I wonder if there was some route confusion going on in there. BJGE got tied up. If that was supposed to be a sideline route to the RB I'm surprised Gio wasn't in there. Either way the throw was not good.

The one to Jones could have been a hair better but I think it was really just good defense, borderline PI. It was very catchable for Jones.

That intentional grounding I thought was a bullshit call!

This is another point I can't argue.  I just don't think a coaching staff will come out and say one player needs to play better.  They'll generalize and call out the who

They don't rake them over the coals, but information comes out.  Marvin recently said AD's issue is forcing it to Green too much.  Which is a justified critique in recent games, unlike the noodle arm stuff.

Firm was being held in place at the LOS by a LB.  Pretty bogus to call grounding, I won't insist on a Defensive Hold or PI call.

I loved this game and a win is so fucking awesome. Andy played a real good game I'll give him that but the only play that I am critiquing him would be the interception that he threw. WTF kind of pass was that? Does anyone agree with me here?

I think he was trying to put some loft on it for AJ to make a play on it in the air.  Not a highlight film pass for sure.

He didn't handle the pressure well on that grounding call, if he waits a half beat more Eifert comes open in the middle. And on the Jones throw I thought it was pretty clearly PI, raked his arm over Jones hands before the ball got there.

Saw that play and totally agreed that was PI.  Of course the announcers didn't pick it up.

I think he was trying to put some loft on it for AJ to make a play on it in the air.  Not a highlight film pass for sure.

I think he altered his throw in a bad way because he was about to get hit.  Didn't follow thru like he normally would to protect the hand.  Should have just tossed it to the ground upfield and lived to fight another day.

I think he altered his throw in a bad way because he was about to get hit.  Didn't follow thru like he normally would to protect the hand.  Should have just tossed it to the ground upfield and lived to fight another day.

I think that's right. Not a great pass at all but he was trying to let AJ make a play on it. It looked like at the last minute AJ ran inside instead of outside... Had he done that he may have been able to break up the pass, or tackle Weddle before he got a pretty long return.

Just very pumped about the win. Road wins in this league are precious, and SD was riding high after beating the Chiefs a week ago.

Loved the running game coming to life, love Whitworth inside with Collins at T. Per twitter feed, sounds like Boling's injury may be serious, so hopefully the Bengals stick with this look going forward. 

The D is just so damn good. Jaw-dropping how solid they are across the board right now. Add in a Dre who seems to be "getting it", and its hard to stop giggling. 

I just wish I could figure Andy out. How he can run from so cold to so hot quarter to quarter, drive to drive, it's just weird. I think it is mental at this point, and have no idea how they fix it. Hope the good Andy surfaces going foward...

Boling is out for the year with an acl tear

Personally I think Jones made a lousy effort to get up there and get that ball.

He was the only one who saw the ball coming...he needs to get up above the DB there and catch the ball. May have been too short for a TD but should have absolutely been a catch. 

The thing is, when Dalton does something like that people act like he's the only QB who has ever done it, and he shouldn't even be on a NFL field. It's like people are blind to the fuck ups of other QBs, but the fuck ups by Dalton are all they can see.

If you mostly fuck up, what do you expect people to notice?

Personally I think Jones made a lousy effort to get up there and get that ball.

He was the only one who saw the ball coming...he needs to get up above the DB there and catch the ball. May have been too short for a TD but should have absolutely been a catch. 

I don't think the ball was close to where it was supposed to be going.   Jones probably looked up and realized this too late.

The guy who caught the interception certainly saw the ball coming right too him and AJ was NOT running toward that spot on his route, he was running toward the sideline.

If you mostly fuck up, what do you expect people to notice?

I think I've finally figured it out. This isn't about Dalton at all, just another manifestation of the extreme pessimism that seems to fester in folks that live in Cincinnati. I swear, anytime I need a good laugh all I have to do is call home and ask what people are saying about the Bengals.

I think I've finally figured it out. This isn't about Dalton at all, just another manifestation of the extreme pessimism that seems to fester in folks that live in Cincinnati. I swear, anytime I need a good laugh all I have to do is call home and ask what people are saying about the Bengals.

Yep.  They don't feel good unless they are complaining. 

Pretty much.  

If Lawfirm had gotten to the sideline, they probably don't call that. There was something fucked up with that play.

Dalton panicked. There was room to step up, he saw pressure and just tossed it up to the sidelines. Eifert was open across the middle.

Archived