The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Chargers

I agree that dalton had a really bad first half but was great in the second half. I believe 9/13 150 yards or so 1 td no picks.

All in all had an average game which was enough to win. Won't always be enough though.

This was the kind of game Pitt had against us for most of a decade with Bettis.  People these days are too fixated on fantasy numbers.  Get the lead, get turnovers, run it down their throat for the W.

This was the kind of game Pitt had against us for most of a decade with Bettis.  People these days are too fixated on fantasy numbers.  Get the lead, get turnovers, run it down their throat for the W.

Nah, when you've been losing for years fantasy numbers are all you really have to live for.  Who really cares about wins when you have no hope anyway?

(+1)

Dalton in the 2nd half is exactly why I love the guy. He struggled in the first half with no help at all either. Then in the 2nd half they got it together and he put together a smart half that led to them getting the points they needed. He never gives up and is a perfect personality for this team. Just need to get his first half to match his 2nd half.

another playcalling bad:  0 swing passes to Gio.

i've been waiting 2 months for them to throw an arrow route to gio. sprloes runs in all the time, and they want him to act like sproles, so.............

clear out the left side and a little arrow route creates an easy 20 yd gain! no way a lb is keeping up with gio with that route,

plus those wr screens to aj always made me close my eyes and think a int was coming

But we've been winning for years.  8+ wins in three straight years, four in five years.

In the 11 years Marvin has been here, we've had 3 losing seasons and one of those was 7-9. Might not sound that impressive unless you consider the 12 previous years, 11 were losing seasons and one was 8-8.

Good
- Road win against a hot opponent, especially with a very good QB playing as well as he ever has.
- Dre pick was a momentum changer, similar to Harrison's INT in the Clowns game. Heads up play.
- D had a great game plan and kept everything in front of them except for the TD. Bent but didn't break and forced several TOs
- Huber was great... He's having an outstanding year.
- Brandon Thompson was solid again
- Andy struggled some in 1H but was great in the second, not only with some nice passes in stride (other then slant to Marvin) but getting some good yardage on short passes on early downs (I'm guessing he audibles some at the line based on pre-snap reads) so 3rd downs were more manageable.
- BJGE ran really hard and OL blocking was very good for the most part
- Shawn Williams and DiManche really starting to show up on STs
- Andrew Hawkins looks like he's in early 2012 form.
- Gutty performance by Burfict

Bad
- Several Andy throws in 1H
- ST return game hasn't done much lately, and today it continued
- Turnovers
- SD fan with 63 painted on his head
- Adam Jones didn't look good, but he helped cause a TO so he redeemed himself a bit ;)

yes!

plus i thought that ref should have let that fumble go until play completion, maybe rey brings that back for a td. that ref was sorely out of position to make that strong of a call of charger down by contact

what I noticed was,once Vincent Rey was in the game,the defense played much better .so it might be time to Rey maluaga snaps in half.

also pacman was a liability all game

marvin lewis doesn't agree with you. he pointed to the play of both our CBs as a big reason for today's win.

perhaps you don't realize just how good of a player keenan allen is, and that jades your perspective.  that kid will be a star in this league, and in fact is already approaching that level already as a rookie.

marvin lewis doesn't agree with you. he pointed to the play of both our CBs as a big reason for today's win.

perhaps you don't realize just how good of a player keenan allen is, and that jades your perspective.  that kid will be a star in this league, and in fact is already approaching that level already as a rookie.

SD has some talent on O, and some issues too, hence the .500 record.  Aside from the defense, their offense has a lot of trouble in red zone because their line is iffy and the WRs are not physical.  Their TE is aging.  They've been good between the 20s, not so good at scoring TDs.  There were two times at about the 30 that a drive stopped dead with three INC passes, not to mention the fumble.

Archived