Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?

The only thing I don't like about Peyton is his Papa John's commercials...

The guy is the best QB that ever played the game--he can take any mediocre group of receivers and make them pro bowlers.  There is no Defense that confuses him--he truly is an Offensive Coordinator on the field.

And on top of that, the guy is genuinely humble and appreciative of what the game has given him.

Contrast that to a loudmouth punkass bitch like Richard Sherman and it's easy to see why so many fans will be cheering for Denver next Sunday.

Denver--I'd like to see Manning get another ring.

Plus, I'd love to see the Seahags get the crap beat out of them so that the LOUDMOUTH ASSHOLE THUG Sherman has to shut his goddam pie hole!

telling comment.

i like both teams for different reasons. manning's offense is fun to watch. seattle plays defense the way it's supposed to be played. it should be a good match up. i wouldn't be upset if either team comes out on top, but i've always admired peyton and will be rooting for denver.

There really is no wrong answer here.

Seattle is owed for getting jobbed in XL.

Seattle would still be an AFC team had they not been force-marched to the NFC because Park Avenue insisted on the expansion Browns being slotted in the AFC.

But it's hard to forgive them for Joe Nash's knee, grunge music, or for introducing the terms "Tall, Grande, and Venti" in place of Small, Medium and Large

They also riot whenever the World Bank or World Trade Organization comes to town.

Denver has more rings, so one more (making 3) would close the gap on the Evil Empire somewhat.

Peyton Manning has fewer rings than Eli Manning - that's just wrong.

But Denver is full of pot-heads, inflicted Coors Beer upon the world, hosted the DNC Convention that gave us Obama, and hate the Olympics (they turned down the '76 Winter Games)

Both cities have more pluses than minuses, I can justify being happy regardless of the outcome, but for me the tiebreaker is easy.  A Denver victory may result in an immediate retirement by Manning.  A Manningless AFC is an easier one for the Bengals to compete in - particularly since we play those guys next year.

Go Donks!

you're one of my favorite posters.....when you keep it to football. i understand living in indiana affects your world view, but i'm just not all that interested in hearing the details. 

And you don't mind ESPN. Fox and every other media talking practically non stop about Peyton the past decade ?

why is that Manning's fault?

I've never understood why people convince themselves to hate certain bands, celebrities, or athletes, just because the media over exposes them.  

The fault there lies with the media, not the individual.

why is that Manning's fault?

I've never understood why people convince themselves to hate certain bands, celebrities, or athletes, just because the media over exposes them.  

The fault there lies with the media, not the individual.

When did I say it was his fault. I'm sick of hearing about him. I don't remember saying I hate him. I don't

When did I say it was his fault. I'm sick of hearing about him. I don't remember saying I hate him. I don't

It's hard to hate Manning...he's given no reason.  He's actually a likeable guy....doesn't mean I want to hear about him for a week straight like we're about to experience though....

It's hard to hate Manning...he's given no reason.  He's actually a likeable guy....doesn't mean I want to hear about him for a week straight like we're about to experience though....

Yep. You can express yourself better than me. That's what I was trying to say. Lol

I'm with Bung on this:  Manning is compelling to watch...It is fascinating to see him run that offense.  Makes me marvel how people that we had never knew of before became household names overnight, like that Julius Thomas guy.  Seriously, no one even knew of this guy, hell even Peyton in his first year with Denver.  But look at him now.

Yeah, listening to the Manning story gets repetitive, no doubt.  But it's a story that needs to be taught more often:  You can do anything if you take the bull by the horns and make something happen.  Nothing is given to you.    Peyton's career after his neck surgeries were definitely not something for granted---he worked it and made it happen.

Plus, I think all the hate for Manning is classic and transparent:  You hate on him so much because he's got it, and you don't.  It's that simple.  If you had all the stuff that he had, you would be a douchbag and an asshole too.   Power corrupts, regardless of the resistance.

Still want for Seattle to win though. :D

you're one of my favorite posters.....when you keep it to football. i understand living in indiana affects your world view, but i'm just not all that interested in hearing the details. 

Okay.... if what I wrote got under your skin, then the opposite must by totally awesome!  I'll flip it, just for you my friend:

• Seattle isn't owed for losing XL - they completely blew it and anyone with objectivity would know that they just flat-out lost that game.
  • Seattle was thankful for moving to the NFC and asked Park Avenue if they could go, volunteering to make room for the expansion Browns.
  • Joe Nash was an awesome competitor and it was just a coincidence that his trick knee gave him fits just before every Bengals 3rd down play.  Seattle Coach Chuck Knox was right in allowing him to continue, because that was a playoff game and it's do-or-die.
  • Grunge music is sweet!  It's so much better than anything else ever penned.  Fuck the Beatles, Classic Rock, and the Star Spangled Banner - give me marble-mouthed teen spirit any day!  Woo hoo!
  • I am thankful for the ability to learn Italian every time I order a coffee..  thank you Seattle!
  • And their citizens, a wonderful lot who always exuberantly celebrate the arrival of the World Bank or WTO and are demonstrably saddened to the point of upset when those august bodies leave.

• Denver has enough rings.  We need to let Pittsburgh enjoy their position as the only city with 6.  They're awesome.
  • Peyton Manning has fewer rings than Eli for a reason.  Eli is a winner.  That's right!
  • Denver is full of consumers who have helped revitalize Hostess Twinkie sales.
  • Denver has also blessed us with Coors Beer, beer that has no impact on the environment due to a corporate commitment to use ONLY pure mountain spring water and no other ingredients whatsoever.  And without which, we would never have had the pleasure to enjoy Smokey and the Bandit, nor would NBC have sensed a market for "BJ and the Bear"....   Monkeys riding in Semis delivering green beans to Utah!  Yaay Coors!
  • And Denver hosted the DNC Convention that gave the world Obama.  Thank you for that Denver - someone had to do it, and without you "taking one for America" some other city would've been stuck with the taint of that one.
  • The Olympics suck.  I hope if Dayton gets selected to host the Winter Olympics they vote it down too.  Mad River Mountain may be great for the Alpine Downhill, and using the water tube slides at the Kings Island water park for the bobsled runs was a stroke of genius, but converting the Eiffel Tower and water fountain to a ski jump track is a bit too much and will forever ruin my childhood memories of the Brady Bunch episode where Mike left the architectural drawings on the Racers.  I can never get those memories back, please don't destroy them!

Go Donks!

:)

By the way, the Dayton-Olympics thing was from 4 years ago.  Dayton was an applicant city for the 2022 Winter Games.

Linky: http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/53194-dayton-considering-2022-winter-olympic-bid/

Archived Wikipedia Post:

Linky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Winter_Olympics

Potential Bids:

Dayton, Ohio

Dayton's bid includes state-of-the-art facilities such as Welcome Stadium (opening/closing ceremonies), Ervin J. Nutter Center (figure skating), Hara Arena (ice hockey), Hobart Arena in nearby Troy (curling), and Mad River Mountain (downhill events). Luge, Skeleton and Bobsleigh events would be hosted on newly-constructed tracks adjacent to King's Island in Cincinnati that would later be converted for use at the Boomerang Bay waterpark. Ski jumping would be accomplished via innovative new "virtual jump" technology developed by Japan's Nintendo Corporation in association with the Air Force Systems Command's Virtual Reality Laboratory at nearby Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Athletes would be housed in the currently-vacant Winters Bank Tower in downtown Dayton, and in the Drexel and Trotwood neighborhoods. Dayton has built a warchest of approximately $170 to help fund their bid, and are considered the front-runner of all American bids from cities nowhere near any mountains.

dayton2022.jpg

Okay.... if what I wrote got under your skin, then the opposite must by totally awesome!  I'll flip it, just for you my friend:

• Seattle isn't owed for losing XL - they completely blew it and anyone with objectivity would know that they just flat-out lost that game.

You lost me there. I'm not a young man and that's by far the worst officiated game I've ever seen.

Highly debatable...

At the very least he's in the discussion. I think generally people feel it's Marino, Montana *spit* and then a close group of others, of which Peyton has to be there.

But then in the UK I don't have to tolerate 24/7 ESPN talking heads bullshit, so my knowledge only comes from what they've done on Sundays.

At the very least he's in the discussion. I think generally people feel it's Marino, Montana *spit* and then a close group of others, of which Peyton has to be there.

But then in the UK I don't have to tolerate 24/7 ESPN talking heads bullshit, so my knowledge only comes from what they've done on Sundays.

I wasn't stating that he wasn't one of the greatest, but that he is most definitely not the greatest.  At a minimum Montana (blech) with his 4 rings as well as Marino, Aikman, and Brady are in queue ahead of him.

At a minimum, Montana never threw a pick 6 in a Super bowl...

• Seattle was thankful for moving to the NFC and asked Park Avenue if they could go, volunteering to make room for the expansion Browns.
  • Joe Nash was an awesome competitor and it was just a coincidence that his trick knee gave him fits just before every Bengals 3rd down play.  Seattle Coach Chuck Knox was right in allowing him to continue, because that was a playoff game and it's do-or-die.
  • Grunge music is sweet!  It's so much better than anything else ever penned.  Fuck the Beatles, Classic Rock, and the Star Spangled Banner - give me marble-mouthed teen spirit any day!  Woo hoo!
  • I am thankful for the ability to learn Italian every time I order a coffee..  thank you Seattle!
  • And their citizens, a wonderful lot who always exuberantly celebrate the arrival of the World Bank or WTO and are demonstrably saddened to the point of upset when those august bodies leave.

• Denver has enough rings.  We need to let Pittsburgh enjoy their position as the only city with 6.  They're awesome.
  • Peyton Manning has fewer rings than Eli for a reason.  Eli is a winner.  That's right!
  • Denver is full of consumers who have helped revitalize Hostess Twinkie sales.
  • Denver has also blessed us with Coors Beer, beer that has no impact on the environment due to a corporate commitment to use ONLY pure mountain spring water and no other ingredients whatsoever.  And without which, we would never have had the pleasure to enjoy Smokey and the Bandit, nor would NBC have sensed a market for "BJ and the Bear"....   Monkeys riding in Semis delivering green beans to Utah!  Yaay Coors!
  • And Denver hosted the DNC Convention that gave the world Obama.  Thank you for that Denver - someone had to do it, and without you "taking one for America" some other city would've been stuck with the taint of that one.
  • The Olympics suck.  I hope if Dayton gets selected to host the Winter Olympics they vote it down too.  Mad River Mountain may be great for the Alpine Downhill, and using the water tube slides at the Kings Island water park for the bobsled runs was a stroke of genius, but converting the Eiffel Tower and water fountain to a ski jump track is a bit too much and will forever ruin my childhood memories of the Brady Bunch episode where Mike left the architectural drawings on the Racers.  I can never get those memories back, please don't destroy them!

Go Donks!

:)

like i said before, i really do appreciate your posts when you leave your political views out of it....always have. 

thanks anyway for the effort...pretty funny stuff.

I wasn't stating that he wasn't one of the greatest, but that he is most definitely not the greatest.  At a minimum Montana (blech) with his 4 rings as well as Marino, Aikman, and Brady are in queue ahead of him.

At a minimum, Montana never threw a pick 6 in a Super bowl...

WTF? How does Marino get ranked ahead of Manning by any objective measure? Manning beats him out on stats alone, and if we must include Superbowl wins in the equation, then Manning beats Marino there as well. Manning is a better QB than Montana was as well, but if you want to throw rings in there, then there's nothing to be said. Can't make that same argument for Marino though, whom was ALSO a better QB than Montana, technically speaking.

I am going to say this: people seem to get caught up in the individual rather than the team, and if the team is any consideration, then by rights Brady and Montana are the best ever. If you take the surrounding cast out of the equation though, then you're left with Manning and Marino as 1a and 1b.

I agree Seattle isn't "owed", but that's just nuts.  There were some flat awful calls that went against them.

Archived